Chapter 16: Sake Part 1

One Bowl, Please!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Judon eonni… I’m really sorry for disturbing you like this…”

 

Judon hands her a towel and some clothes.

 

“I-It’s just I have no where to—..”

 

“Sooyoung, I don’t mind at all. Go wash up, I’ll prepare the bed.” She smiles reassuringly.

 

 

(20 minutes later)

 

 

Judon came out of the bathroom. She spots Sooyoung laying on the sleeping bag.

 

“Oh! Please sleep on the bed.”

 

“N-no, I’m fine right here eonni.”

 

“Please, I insist.”

 

Sooyoung’s eyes starts watering up. She shakes her head. “UWAAAAAAHHHHH!!! EONNI…”

 

Judon’s eyes double in size. She was not expecting the girl to start wailing. She knelt next to her and pats her head. 

 

“KYAAAAH!” Sooyoung hugs her and sobs uncontrollably. Judon could only let her do so, not knowing how to console anyone. Sooyoung eventually fell asleep.

 

 

(The next day)

 

 

Sooyoung awoke from the noise coming downstairs. When she opened her eyes she saw a medium sized ladle on her hand. She scratched her head not knowing how she got it.

 

“You’re awake.”

 

“G-good morning…” she quickly gets up and bows.

 

“Relax. We were never properly introduced. I’m Jennie.”

 

“Sooyoung.” She bowed again.

 

“Stop that! You make me feel old! C’mon lets go downstairs. Joohyun made breakfast.”

 

“…Joohyun?”

 

Jennie giggles. “Her REAL name is Joohyun.”

 

“What??”

 

“Judon is Seulgi’s pet name for her hihi.” Jennie says still giggling.

 

“AHHH… “Judon” is a weird name.”

 

When they reached the dining area, two bowls of breakfast noodles were already served for them to eat.

 

Sooyoung immediately smiles.

 

“Sooyoung, good morning!” Joohyun says cheerfully.

 

“Good morning Joohyun eonni!”

 

Joohyun’s eyes almost dropped. “EH…??”

 

“Jennie eonni told me your real name hihi. Don’t worry eonni I won’t tell anyone.”

 

“A he he he…..” she eyes Jennie who was busy slurping. “Anyway, eat up while its still warm.”

 

Sooyoung nods and starts eating. The warm broth was delicious and very comforting.

 

“Hyunnie! I was thinking about adding more items for our beverage menu.”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Sake seems to be trending these days.”

 

“Really?? I didn’t notice any increase in sales.”

 

“I meant the sweeter types of sake. Easy to drink and friendly for first time drinkers.”

 

Joohyun nods.

 

Sooyoung listened to them intently while devouring her bowl. Drops of broth was all over her face and shirt.

 

“Well we do have an extra chiller, we can give it a try  on Friday…” she says while wiping Sooyoung’s face. She hands the girl a napkin for her clothing. 

 

The girl smiles. 

 

“Oh! You’ve finished your food already??? You’re like Seulgi!” Jennie says.

 

“Would you like some more?” Joohyun asks.

 

Sooyoung declines.

 

“Let me get that for you.” Jennie grabs her bowl and starts walking to the back kitchen. Joohyun brings her own bowl and followed Jennie.

 

Sooyoung frowns a bit.

 

“Sooyoung?”

 

“Hm? Yes eonni?”

 

“Come here in the back with us.”

 

“Y-yes.”

 

“Will you relax… we don’t bite!” Jennie teased.

 

“So what do you think about Jennie’s plan?”

 

“M-me??”

 

“Mhm.”

 

“Definitely a good idea!”

 

“That’s settled. We’ll try it!”

 

“So I’m heading out after this to buy some samples.”

 

“Copy that!” Joohyun nods as she starts pulling stuff out the fridge.

 

“Hyunnie what time is Seulgi coming in today?”

 

“Oh… she’s not working today.” She looks at Sooyoung. “Wendy didn’t go home last night.”

 

Sooyoung became worried instantly.

 

“D-don’t worry… Seulgi was with her the whole time…” 

 

Jennie noticed how the two girls became sad all of a sudden. “Aishh! Sooyoung, why don’t you help Hyunnie today. And YOU!” She pokes her friend. “Erase that sad look on your face.. It hasn’t been 24hrs since you last saw Seulgi! Get a grip!”

 

Joohyun was ready to pounce her friend when Sooyoung hugged her, laughing.

 

“Gosh! Eonni you and Seulgi really are the cutest couple. I never knew you were this clingy.”

 

“I… uh—..”

 

Jennie raised a brow. “Are you objecting Hyunnie?”

 

“You little….” Joohyun starts mumbling curses as she pulled away from Sooyoung.

 

 

(Noodle Shop, 11am)

 

 

“You’re pretty good with kitchen work!”

 

“Thanks eonni. I cook my own food at home.”

 

Joohyun looks at her impressed.

 

“What eonni? You thought I couldn’t cook??”

 

“No. I just thought you would be like Seulgi, with the butlers and fancy French butters.”

 

“Hehe… I do come from a well off family… but… um..” she frowns.

 

Joohyun saw the shift in the girl’s demeanor. “You don’t have to tell me anything.”

 

“….my parents and I aren’t okay. I—..”

 

“You can stay here as long as you want Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung hugs her suddenly, tears already falling.

 

Someone knocks on the backdoor.

 

“Huh? Who could that be? Solar’s shift starts 3pm.”

 

Joohyun walks to the door and opens it a bit, checking who’s out there. “OH… um Sooyoung, it’s that guy you were with…” she opens the door completely.

 

The boy bows as he greeted Joohyun.

 

“Hyeosob!”

 

“Hey… how are you?”

 

“I’m okay.. Eonni has been very hospitable. OMG! Joohyun eonni this is Hyeosob.”

 

“You can call me Crush.” He smiles rather sweetly.

 

Joohyun returns the smile.

 

“Here, Sooyoung-ah.” Hyeosob hands her a paper bag. I couldn’t get enough… your parents caught me.”

 

Sooyoung hugs him tightly. “Thank you…” she whispers. “I really appreciate this.”

 

“I have to go! Call me if you need ANYTHING!” He waves good bye to the two girls.

 

Sooyoung opens the paper bag. And Joohyun starts to tiptoe, trying to peek at what’s inside. “Hehe they’re clothes eonni.”

 

She blushed feeling embarrassed about how nosy she was. “Hehe… so um..”

 

“Who is he?”

 

“Y-yeah.”

 

“He’s my best friend…. And my fiancé.”

 

“…OHHHHHHHH” Joohyun says very shocked.

 

“Hehe you look funny with your big eyes.”

 

“And Wendy knows this??”

 

Sooyoung sighs. “Yes.”

 

“EH???..”

 

“Crush and I have always been set to marry each other. We’ve known this since we were kids. Our parents are business partners..”

 

“Ahhh….”

 

“But the thing is we’ve always had a platonic relationship. I honestly didn’t mind marrying him… but…” she sighs deeply.

 

“Wendy came in the picture?”

 

She nods. “I met Wendy in a party… she um shyly approached me while I was in line for the bathroom.” She starts blushing at the memory. “She told me she’s had a crush on me for a long time… I immediately told her about my situation wit Crush so I declined her confession.”

 

Joohyun giggles.

 

“What eonni??”

 

“You’re so red!”

 

The girl covers her face. “Then she said she didn’t mind… that I’m not married yet. I thought about it but again I said no… she pouted.” Sooyoung bites her lip. “She was soo cute… s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter