Chapter 6: Negi Part 1

One Bowl, Please!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes plea-....”

 

Before Seulgi could even finish her sentence Joohyun had already pulled her in. The second she felt something soft on her lips, her body stiffened.

 

Joohyun pulled away and giggled. “My lips literally just touched yours for a second…” She then pushes Seulgi to sit down.

 

“Hey Seulgi? You there?”

 

“…”

 

“Hey will you relax for a bit.” Joohyun squeezes the stunned girl’s shoulders. “Seulgi…?”

 

“I… uhhh.. I’m okay.” She stuttered. “Um..”

 

“It’s okay. Just relax. There’s nothing to worry about.. It’s just you and me in here.. Plus the five girls watching us hehe.”

 

Seulgi’s head snaps to the window.

 

“Hi girls!” Joohyun waves at her neighbor. The five girls panicked and started scrambling away. Someone definitely fell off the bed because a loud thud was heard.

 

Joohyun stood up and grabbed her phone from the table.

 

“Hi Lia!”

 

“……eonni! I-I can explain…”

 

“Mhm?”

 

“IT WAS RYUJIN’S IDEA!!!!!” In the back Joohyun could hear Ryujin whining.

 

“Hihihi tsk! You girls should be sleeping. You even got Yuna involved. She’s still a baby.”

 

“Eonni I’m not a baby!… Yuna give me the phone back! Sorry about that eonni…”

 

“It’s okay but don’t do that again hehe. You owe me one!”

 

“Yes eonni. Sorry again. Good night.”

 

“Good night! And Lia… tell Yuna to put ice on her head.. I saw her hit her head on the lamp.”

 

Joohyun dropped the call and pulled the curtains close. She sat back down in front of Seulgi.

 

“Earth to Seulgi! You okay?”

 

Seulgi was touching her lips. It’s her first time feeling something like that on her lips. She racked her brain trying to find something that felt like Joohyun’s lips.

 

“Mochi…”

 

“What?”

 

Seulgi was still lost in her thoughts.

 

“OW!!!” Seulgi quickly soothes her head. “What?”

 

“YAH! I’ve been trying to talk to you”

 

“Oh sorry… hehe”

 

“Why did you say mochi? Are you still hungry?”

 

“Your lips! They’re soft like mochi!!!”

 

Joohyun sighs. “Why do you keep relating me to food?”

 

“No I don’t!”

 

“First you called me Judon, then you call me your jelly instead of calling me your friend. Now you’re saying my lips are like mochi….”

 

“What’s wrong with mochi? It’s soft and chewy!”

 

“DON’T YOU EVEN DARE CHEW ON MY LIPS!”

 

“I can chew lips???”

 

“UGH!” Joohyun pulls her own ears. “You’re so innocent Seulgi. Let’s not kiss for now. I don’t want to be the one taking your innocence away.”

 

Seulgi just blinks.

 

“I’m sorry.. I’m not easy to teach”

 

“Don’t be. I just don’t want to push you. You seemed uncomfortable earlier.”

 

“I wasn’t.. Just somethin new and kinda strange.”

 

“Well for now let’s sleep. I have to wake up early tomorrow. Go change and wash up. I’ll fix your bedding.”

 

(20mins. Later)

 

“You’re falling asleep already.”

 

“I had a long day…” Joohyun yawned.

 

Seulgi sat on her bed. “It’s cute that you sleep with your ladle.”

 

“‘Mhmm. Last night was the first time I slept without it…”

 

“I’m sorry Joohyun..”

 

“It’s okay Seulgi, I felt safe even if I didn’t have my ladle.”

 

Seulgi smiled.

 

“Good night Seulgi.”

 

“Good night Joohyun.”

 

(8:20am)

 

“Argggh…” Seulgi rolled around trying to cover her ears. “Why is it sooo noisy… ugh. Who is pounding so early in the morning.”

 

“You’re in a noodle shop duh!”

 

Seulgi immediately rose from the bed. She looks around.

 

“Good morning grizzly bear!”

 

“Huh? Wha? Why am I on the bed??”

 

“Because you were sleeping?”

 

“No, I was sleeping on the sleeping bag last night.”

 

“Maybe Joohyun moved you to the bed… She’s really strong.”

 

“Damn, she can lift me…”

 

“She lifts sacks of flour easily.”

 

“Why are you here Jennie?”

 

“I should be asking you that Seulgi…” Jennie walks up to Seulgi and pulls her shirt. “If I find out you touched Joohyun in any way I’m going to tell Yongsun so she can beat your !!”

 

“You can’t beat me?”

 

“I don’t want to break a nail.” 

 

“I didn’t touch her… I swear!” Her stomach growled.

 

“How many alligators are you feeding in there?”

 

“Hehe sorry, it’s breakfast time! Is breakfast ready?”

 

“Um Joohyun doesn’t have breakfast nor does she serve breakfast… so you should probably buy food for yourself.”

 

Seulgi scratched her head. “Why not?”

 

“Seulgi she lives alone. She doesn’t prepare meals like you would in a normal house setting.”

 

“She could still cook for herself.”

 

“Mm… I think she feels lonely cooking and eating by herself. Just buy food Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi frowns but nods. She gets up and washes up to get ready for the day. She waves goodbye to Jennie who was miserably trying to finish her homework. She went down the stairs and into the shop kitchen. She was about to walk out of the shop when she felt someone pull her shirt.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Where do you think you’re going?”

 

“Out? Home? hehe” Seulgi said nervously. 

 

“I made breakfast.” Joohyun smiles as she pulled Seulgi into the dining area of the shop.

 

“Take a seat Seulgi.” She went back into kitchen. “Would you like some coffee? Juice or hot chocolate?”

 

“Um uh juice please.” Seulgi was a little dumbfounded. Before she could get lost in her thoughts Joohyun had placed a bowl in front of her.

 

“Breakfast… well I don’t have much food to serve. I hope you still like it. I’ll call Jennie down. Hold on.”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter