Chapter 7: Negi Part 1.5

One Bowl, Please!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seulgi eonni, you’re salivating.”

 

“Wha-what?”

 

“You should thank Joohyun eonni. She timed that kiss so well, Wendy eonni actually stopped kissing Sooyoung when she saw you guys making out.”

 

Seulgi turns to Yeri. “What? Wendy saw??”

 

“Yes! I mean look there..” Yeri points to the patio. “Seems like Sooyoung didn’t like it when Wendy eonni was paying more attention to you guys.”

 

This information made Seulgi smile. She watched the two girls outside bicker. “I should save Wannie.”

 

Yeri pulls Seulgi’s shirt. “Let them quarrel… go thank Joohyun eonni. I’m sure she’s still outside.”

 

“Mmm…” Seulgi watched her best friend trying to pacify Sooyoung. “I think Wannie needs me.”

 

“Be smart eonni. You don’t have a say in their relationship anyway… plus they might be arguing because of you. Sit this one out and do the the right thing…. GO AFTER JOOHYUN EONNI!” Yeri pushes Seulgi all the way to door. “GO GO GO!!”

 

“I’m going, I’m going!”

 

It was pretty chilly when Seulgi stepped outside. It was a very quiet night. She started walking towards the garage area. She could see Joohyun walking up to her vehicle. Joohyun had her hair up in a messy bun. She was still wearing her apron which Seulgi found adorable.

 

‘She must be so busy..’ she thought to herself. She watched the girl get into her truck.

 

“JOOHYUN!!!” She calls out while jogging towards  her.

 

“Kang?”

 

“You drive a pick-up?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Huh.. I pictured you driving a small car.”

 

Joohyun chuckles. “This was my dad’s. I know it’s too big for me but it’s perfect for buying ingredients in the market.”

 

“I see…”

 

“Why are you here? Go back inside it’s pretty cold out here.”

 

Seulgi opens the door to the passenger side and gets in. “What is that smell?” She grimaces.

 

“Negi.”

 

“Eww, that’s the veggie you tried to kill me with.”

 

Joohyun scoffs and reached for a negi. “Here, you can have one.”

 

“Why would I want-… it’s a stick vegetable?”

 

“Leeks Seulgi, leeks.”

 

“Whatever, I don’t want one.” She puts it back with the rest of the negi. “That’s a lot of negi!!”

 

“The lady from the market sold it to me at a discount.” Joohyun smiles. “So… why the hell are you here…”

 

“Yerim made me come here.”

 

“Why?”

 

“To thank you…”

 

“For what?”

 

“The um…” Seulgi fidgets and plays with her thumbs. “The… the kiss…” Her face reddened.

 

“Haha! Don’t worry about it… You liked the kiss huh?” She pats Seulgi’s head to .

 

“You meanie! Hmph!”

 

“Aww you’re so red!”

 

“YOU’RE SO ANNOYING!” She slaps Joohyun’s hand away. “I HATE YOU!!! HMPH!”

 

“Is my “girlfriend” upset? Should we kiss and make up?” She puckers her lips exaggeratedly and makes kissy sounds. 

 

Seulgi turns bright red. “SHUT UP!”

 

“AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my god! You’re soo friggin red!”

 

Joohyun definitely knew how to get under Seulgi’s skin. Her cackling really gets the better of Seulgi.

 

“ARGH! I want to choke you! Why are you so annoying?? You were so warm and fuzzy earlier!”

 

“I can’t help it! You’re so easy to tease.” 

 

Seulgi rolls here eyes. “UGH! BYE!” She tries to get out of the car but the door wouldn’t open. She pulls the handle harder and tries pushing but it wouldn’t open. Joohyun gets out of the vehicle and walked to Seulgi’s side.

 

“Pull on the handle lightly and push the door. I’ll pull from this side.”

 

Seulgi does as she’s told. But the door still wouldn’t open. Joohyun stood on the side bars and leans in through the window. She checks on the handle. Seulgi on the other hand is checking her side profile. She’s amazed at how effortlessly beautiful Joohyun looked even with her messy hair and worn-out apron. She watched her tuck strands of  hair behind her ears. Her brows were knitted, focused on the task at hand. Her lips forming a pout. Those lips. Those soft, plump lips. Unbeknownst to Seulgi she started staring at Joohyun’s lips. She bit her lower lip when she remembered how it felt to have those lips latched on to hers. She was lost in her thoughts, when her vision finally zoomed out of focus she snaps back to reality.

 

“You’re not very subtle” Joohyun smirked. She gets off the side bar and successfully opens the door.

 

“You can get out no-…!!!”

 

Seulgi kissed her the moment she got off the vehicle. Hands cupping Joohyun’s face. 

 

Joohyun pushed her away. “YAH! Wendy and Sooyoung aren’t even here! There’s no point in kissing!”

 

“Practice?”

 

“Ha-ha nice try! I’m not a kissing booth.”

 

“I can’t help it! Kissing is great! I’ve been missing out!”

 

Joohyun giggles. “You have been missing out but Seulgi, I won’t kiss you just because you want to.”

 

“Sorry…” she pouts feeling embarrassed. “I wasn’t able to control myself.”

 

“It’s fine. I’ll charge you extra for that! Next time you do that I will sue you! My sister’s a lawyer you know.”

 

“OH! Your sister?”

 

“Yep. Tell you about it next time. I have to get back to the shop. It’s hump day, we have a full house.”

 

“Okay. Thanks again for tonight.” 

 

“No worries Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi waved good bye as Joohyun drove off. She sighs feeling disappointed at her lack of self control. She doesn’t understand why she had the urge to do such a thing. 

 

‘What’s wrong with you Kang Seulgi…’ She asks herself. She walks back to her house feeling confused about the whole night. The only thing she’s sure about is that kissing is the best thing in the world.

 

(Friday, Noodle Shop, 3:30pm)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter