Chapter 14: Wasabi Part 1.5

One Bowl, Please!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“O-K-A-Y! :D”

 

Without hesitating, Seulgi lunged toward Joohyun, aiming at her lips. Sadly her lips did not meet the target instead she ended up kissing a fluffy pillow.

 

 “YA!! GET OFF ME!”

 

Seulgi did as she was told. A pillow came flying right after.

 

“OW!”

 

“Seulgi! What the hell was that??”

 

“You said to kiss you!?!”

 

“Yes but if you waited for a SECOND you would have known that I didn’t really want you to kiss me!”

 

“Wha-?”

 

“Why do you move so fast when it comes to kissing.” Joohyun facepalmed herself. “Seulgi.”

 

“YES? :D” she says all giddy while hugging the pillow tightly.

 

“Calm down.. We’re not going to kiss.”

 

“Oh…😕”

 

Joohyun pats the disappointed bear cub. “Your first and LAST jelly service is in a few days. I need to get you all ready.”

 

“Ahhh… that’s what this is.”

 

“It’s best to prepare. You need to be able to protect yourself. Know when to draw the line. Make decisions that’s best for you and the client. Understand?”

 

“Yes!”

 

Joohyun giggles. “You didn’t even take the money.” She gets up to put the money back in her drawer. “Are you sure you want to go through with this?”

 

“Mhm.”

 

“Mmkay..”

 

“He’s going to pay a lot! It will be useful for you!”

 

“Seulgi—..”

 

“I saw a kneading machine! A really nice one.”

 

“OMG is it the Ultra Kneader 5000??”

 

“YES!!”

 

“I’ve been saving up for that!”

 

“Well with how much Suho is going to pay, you’ll be halfway there.”

 

Joohyun frowns. “I’m not in a hurry to get it. I can wait…”

 

“C’mon! You can make more noodles so you can sell more.”

 

“Um…”

 

“Please don’t worry about me! Plus the dinner is only an hour long. Nothing bad will happen.”

 

“O-okay Seulgi. If you’re really sure about this.”

 

 

(Wednesday, Noodle Shop)

 

 

“Listen up Seulgi, today’s lesson is all about reading your client.”

 

Seulgi yawns.

 

“Hey! Focus!” 

 

“Joohyun, it’s 6am…” Seulgi says fighting another yawn.

 

“Seulgi-ya!” Joohyun shakes the sleepy girl. “C’mon now. I need you to focus.” She pouts and pleads.

 

“O-okay.”

 

“Jennie and Solar agreed to help out.”

 

Seulgi yawned some more and raised her hand. “What’s going to happen?”

 

“You just need to be able to tell when the client will be availing the service already—..”

 

“Isn’t he going to tell me?”

 

“Not with words… you have to be natural or other people will know you’re faking it.”

 

“Hmmm how will I know??”

 

“Look them in the eyes.”

 

“EH?! Just by looking at them??”

 

“Yes. You should be able to decipher with one look. If you pay attention well you may be able to provide them what they need and when to enact the service.”

 

“This seems hard..”

 

“This is also good practice so you won’t freak with the physical contact from a stranger.”

 

Seulgi exhales. “Didn’t think it would be this complicated.”

 

“Hihi cheer up Seulgi! The girls and I will be trying to hold your hands… or not today.

 

 

(9:45am)

 

 

Seulgi was washing dishes and bowls in the kitchen when Jennie walked in from the backdoor.

 

“Hey Seulgi!”

 

“Hi Jennie.” She says while she continues washing.

 

Jennie leans on the counter. “So.. How are you?”

 

“Sleepy.”

 

Joohyun was mopping the floor, getting near the two girls.

 

Jennie smirks. “Seulgi.” She says cutely.

 

“Hm?” Seulgi turns to face her.

 

“I’m really happy you’re working here now.” She winked at Seulgi.

 

“Oh! Thanks Je—!!!??”

 

Jennie slipped her hand down Seulgi’s arm to grab her hand and hold it.

 

“W-why are you?!?”

 

Jennie pulls their hand up and faces Joohyun. “Not jealous?”

 

“Nope.” Joohyun just mops.

 

“Damn it.” Jennie mutters. Seulgi still looked confused. “Seulgi, you failed that test.”

 

“AH I FORGOT!”

 

“I winked at you exaggeratedly… how can you not know.”

 

They stay quiet. 

 

“This is weird.” Seulgi says.

 

“Yea.. You and I holding hands is just not a thing. No one will buy this. You need to act better Seulgi.”

 

 

(2pm)

 

 

Solar and Seulgi just finished arranging the condiments on the counter.

 

“Okay, we’re all set Seulgi.”

 

“Phew! There’s just so much to prepare before service.”

 

Solar giggles. “Definitely. We sell a lot and at a very fast pace that’s why the prep is a handful. But you’re doing great Seulgi.” Solar smirked and stared at Seulgi longer than usual. Her hand travelling to Seulgi’s hand that was resting on the counter. 

 

“WHAT DAFUQ—!!!” Seulgi pulls her hand away so fast it insulted Solar.

 

“Really?!” Solar rolls her eyes. “I don’t have cooties Seulgi!”

 

“S-sorry I wasn’t expecting you to hold my hand!” She squeaks.

 

“I’ve been staring at you for a hot minute!”

 

“…err”

 

“You even held my gaze… Seulgi you failed that one.”

 

“Fudge…”

 

“Hmph!” Solar walked out.

 

“I-I’m sorry Solar!!”

 

 

(2:45pm)

 

 

Seulgi sat on her usual seat, feeling guilty about her reaction to Solar holding her hand. This jelly service is a lot harder. She just knows she’ll mess it up with Suho. She sulks in her seat.

 

“Everything okay?” Joohyun asked while wiping the seats.

 

“I think Solar hates me now.”

 

“Hihi she doesn't. She’s already chatting away in the back. She's not upset I promise.”

 

Seulgi pouts.

 

“Hey.” Joohyun stood next to Seulgi and tucked her hair away. “I swear Seulgi, she isn’t upset with you. She’s just joking around. But if you want you could buy her some strawberry-milk. She loves that.”

 

Seulgi nods and smiled.

 

Joohyun pats her on the shoulder, feeling good she was able to comfort Seulgi and stop her from sulking. She looks down on her apron to grab her towel. As she looked up  she made eye contact with Seulgi. She turns to go back to cleaning the chairs.

 

“Eh?” Joohyun was stopped from walking away. She turns back to the girl. “What are you doing Seulgi?”

 

“You signalled me to hold your hand.” Seulgi grinned.

 

“Uh… no…?”

 

“But your eyes told me.”

 

Joohyun blushed.

 

“Seulgi you’re not very good at this.” Jennie says leaning on the counter.

 

“Yea Seulgi… you need to read people better.” Solar adds trying to conceal her giggle.

 

“But but her eyes?” 

 

“Actually Seulgi, Joohyun isn’t the type to show hints. She’s quite impulsive. She would’ve grabbed your hand if she really wanted to…” Jennie explains.

 

“Really? I always thought Joohyun was just too shy to show any interest even if she really wants to…” Solar looked at Jennie confused.

 

“You two, go back to work!” Joohyun tried her best to be commanding but it didn’t work, with her being all flustered, reddened face and still holding Seulgi’s hand like her whole life depended on it.

 

Joohyun faced the adorable bear. “I-I didn’t ask or hint that we were suppose to hold hands.” She let go of Seulgi’s hand.

 

“Oh… I thought you wanted to..”

 

“Now, I didn’t say I didn’t want to…” she then walked away to go back to work.

 

 

(Thursday, Noodle Shop)

 

 

“Good morning!”

 

“Morning Seulgi.”

 

“I’m ready for today’s lesson.” She smiles at the pretty girl preparing breakfast for her.

 

“So for today you need to focus on the duration of the services. I mean we are charging quite a small amount.. So if they exceed a certain time we start charging extra.”

 

“Oh… but you didn’t charge me extra before?”

 

“Cos when we held hands or hugged it barely lasted a minute long.” Joohyun explains while placing the bowl of noodles in front of Seulgi.

 

“So how long is too long?” She starts slurping right after that.

 

“Mm depends really… you could be more lenient with hand holding. But if someone’s hugging you for 15mins. Straight its kinda awkward..”

 

“True… I don’t want Suho on me for more than 10 seconds.” She says while trying to fish out the SPAM.

 

Joohyun beamed at that. “Also today’s service practice, we’ll be hugging you, okay?”

 

“Okay! I like hugs!”

 

“But Seulgi don’t forget your lesson yesterday! Watch out for the signals okay?”

 

“Yes! :D”

 

 

(10am)

 

 

“Seulgi Seulgi Seulgi!”

 

“W-what?!?”

 

“Whatcha doing?” Solar sat on the counter.

 

“Doing my homework.”

 

“Is it math again?”

 

“No, it’s literature.”

 

“I see… oh! Seulgi! You have dirt near your eyes… come here.”

 

Seulgi dropped her pen and stood in front of Solar. The girl plucked the fallen eye lash of Seulgi’s face. She squished her cheeks with two hands. She made Seulgi look at her then she smiled with her eyes. She hugged Seulgi after. Her arms around her neck and legs around Seulgi’s waist.

 

Seulgi went stiff. She gulped audibly.

 

“KIM YONGSUN IF YOU DON’T STOP WITH YOUR SHENANIGANS I WILL END YOU!” Joohyun yelled across the room.

 

“Oops… hehe. Sorry Seulgi, you failed this test though. You’re too stiff and uncomfortable.”

 

“I uhh…” Seulgi scratched her nape. “I just can’t tell when it’s happening hehe.”

 

 

(3pm)

 

 

Seulgi was outside the restaurant sweeping the fallen leaves. She looks up at the sky and wiped the sweat forming on her forehead. She goes back to sweeping when she heard footsteps. She turns to look…

 

“SEULGI!!!!! SEULGI!!!” Jennie was running towards her really fast. Arms wide open, obviously asking for a hug.

 

Seulgi threw the broom and ran away from Jennie.

 

“HEY! WHERE THE HELL ARE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter