Chapter 13: Wasabi Part 1

One Bowl, Please!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m not.”

 

Joohyun grabs a bowl and pours 1 ladle full of broth in it.

 

“Really?” Jennie crossed her arms.

 

“You expect us to believe that?”

 

“Yes, I do expect you to believe it because that’s the truth.” Joohyun looks to her right and faced Solar. “Can you hand me some udon… oh wait! Soba! Seulgi prefers soba.”

 

Solar hands her the noodles. “Okay let’s pretend we believe you… but admit it, you have feelings for Seulgi!”

 

“I don’t have feelings for her.” She blanches the noodles.

 

Jennie walks to stand next to Yongsun. “Hyunnie, just admit it already.”

 

“I have nothing to admit…” she grabs the strainer to fish out the noodles. “You two are just being—..”

 

Before Joohyun could finish her statement the door to the noodle shop opened, a customer entered.

 

“Hello..”

 

The 3 girls in the back heard a man’s voice. Joohyun shoves the strainer with noodles onto Jennie’s hand and dashed to dining room. When she sees who the customer was she exhaled feeling relief for no reason at all.

 

“Yeri, you’re here with your boyfriend?” She smiles.

 

“Joohyun eonni!! This is Hongseok.” Yeri says all giggly.

 

“Hello! It’s nice to meet you.” He bows.

 

Joohyun bowed back.

 

“HEY! Why’d you introduce him to her and not me??” Seulgi whined.

 

“Because eonni isn’t crazy like you!” Yeri says while pulling Hongseok to sit.

 

“Hehe Seulgi, relax. They look cute together.”

 

Seulgi glared at Joohyun.

 

“Don’t look at me like that! You just gave me a headache earlier.”

 

Seulgi smiled her cutest to try and appease Joohyun.

 

“So Yeri, what would you guys like to have?”

 

“Mm hot udon for both of us. And kani tempura for him. I’ll have mine with shrimp tempura.”

 

“Okay got it.”

 

“Thanks eonni.”

 

“Why udon? Soba is better.” Seulgi says while poking Hongseok with her pen.

 

The boy only smiled at the poking but Yeri wasn’t having any of it and swats Seulgi’s hand away. “Seulgi eonni the udon here is the best in this part of town.. It's literally famous for it.”

 

“Really??”

 

Joohyun nods.

 

“How can you not know?? You’re here often!”

 

“I order the soba. It’s great.”

 

“Have you never tried the udon??” Yeri’s eyes widened.

 

“She has.”

 

“I have??”

 

Joohyun chuckles. “Yes you have. It was the first thing you ordered here but you were pretty drunk that night.”

 

“Oh.. I don’t remember hehe”

 

“Anyway. I’ll go make your orders. Excuse me.” Joohyun walked back into the kitchen.

 

“Seulgi eonni, you should try the udon again.”

 

“Er… I just prefer soba more and at this point it’s my go to. Soba is just familiar to me now and it’s very comforting. Also, if the udon was soo good I would have remembered it you know.”

 

Yeri rolls her eyes. “The udon is also comforting fyi. Eonni you should really try giving it a chance. You definitely remembered it!  You literally called Joohyun eonni Judon. Where else would you get that?”

 

“Ahhh…” Seulgi scratched her head, Yeri was right, the udon was memorable and so was Joohyun. She smiles to herself.

 

Joohyun came out once again. She gave Seulgi her bowl of hot soba.

 

“Eat up Seulgi. Go back to studying after.” She says before retreating to the kitchen again.

 

Seulgi was ready to devour her snack.

 

“Speaking of soba over udon… eonni, do you like Joohyun eonni now? Or are you still chasing Wendy eonni?”

 

“Err.. Joohyun and I are friends.”

 

“And so?”

 

“So that’s that…”

 

“Ugh… eonni.” Yeri says clearly frustrated. “I wish for a miracle that one day you will open your eyes…”

 

Seulgi blinks then goes back to eating her soba.

 

“Is your sister in denial?” Hongseok whispered.

 

“No, just blind.”

 

Yeri watched her sister inhale the noodles. “You should really give udon a chance, eonni. You’ll love it.”

 

Meanwhile…

 

“Joohyun admit it!” Jennie says laughing. “You thought that Suho guy came back…”

 

Solar was just laughing while preparing the tempura.

 

“I’ve never seen you act so fast!”

 

Joohyun turns red. “SHUT IT JENNIE!”

 

 

(Next Day, 3pm)

 

 

“Why are we going to a diner?” Seulgi asked while unbuckling her seatbelt.

 

“Well our client asked for a meeting.” Joohyun replied a little grumpy.

 

“Oh… again, I’m really sorry Joohyun.”

 

“It’s fine. Lets go.”

 

They walked in the diner looking for the “charming” boy that had set up the meeting.

 

“Do you see him?”

 

Seulgi shook her head. “Why a diner? I’m not that into burgers…”

 

“Mm I dunno, we can ask him later. They have delicious fries here I think.”

 

A boy stood up rather awkwardly and started waving his arm.

 

“Over here!” 

 

The two girls walk towards him. They bowed at each other. Seulgi and Joohyun occupied one side of the booth while Suho sat on the other side facing Seulgi.

 

“Hey! Thanks for coming.” He smiles flashing that prince smile he has.

 

Joohyun rolls her eyes. “Why are we here?”

 

“Let’s order first. My treat!”

 

Seulgi smiled immediately making Suho smile back. Again Joohyun was annoyed by what she believes was unnecessary smiling… at Seulgi.

 

They scan the menu.

 

“Joohyun what are you having? I can’t decide.”

 

“I’ll probably get a chocolate milkshake. You?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter