Chapter 2: Shrimp Tempura

One Bowl, Please!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“IT’S NICE TO MEET YOU JUDON!!!” Wendy shakes Judon’s hand excitedly.

 

“Has anyone ever told you how attracti- WAH”

 

“Stop hogging her!” Sooyoung says while pulling Wendy away. “Judon eonni, you’re so pretty!”

 

“Hands off! Move, move, move! You two aren’t her type!” Seulgi shoos them away.

 

“I can’t believe my friend scored such a hottie..” Disbelief is plastered all over Wendy’s face. Seulgi pouts, getting a little bit insulted.

 

“Not like that Seulgi! You are attractive!” Seulgi smiles a little.

 

“It’s just that I have never seen you interested in anyone! I mean who knew you would be into someone?? Haha” 

 

Seulgi’s left eye starts twitching. ‘How can she not know I like her…’ she groans in her head.

 

“Y-you’re wrong! I am interested in someone…”

 

“I know now! And she is F-I-N-E.”

 

This whole time, Judon remained quiet. Trying to understand what was going on. Her eyes observe the crazy girl.

 

‘So… twitchy’s name is Seulgi… hmm she likes that cute girl… and cute girl has y girl’

 

“SOOOOOOOO….” Sooyoung changes the topic. “How did you two meet??”

 

“She went to my noodle shop last Saturday. She asked me if I was down to go home with her.” Judon says plainly. Seulgi robotically turns her head to glare at an innocent looking Judon.

 

“Isn’t that right, kitten?”

 

“Kitten?” She nods but grits her teeth trying to fake a smile. The only response she got from Judon was a big mocking smile.

 

“You’re suppose to purr” Judon teases.

 

“Oh Wendy! Your friend is flirtatious. I love it!” Sooyoung giggles.

 

“I’m sorry I’m still in shock with this revelation”

 

“Ooh eonni… Seulgi mentioned slurping earlier.”

 

“Slurping?” Judon asked confused.

 

“She said there was a lot of slurping that night.”

 

Judon’s head whips to the left to look at Seulgi. Her lips forming a smile then she chuckles, unable to completely restrain her laugh.

 

“Ah yes! Slurping, definitely a lot of slurping!” She winks at Wendy. Seulgi looks at the girls not understanding what the hell they meant.

 

“Well Seul, we gotta go. I’m going to walk Sooyoung to her next class. See you later. Nice meeting you Judon!” The two girls hold hands again as they left. Seulgi’s shoulders slumps.

 

“That will be 30 dollars. Are you paying cash or are you doing a bank-transfer? I have Paypal too.”

 

Seulgi blinks repeatedly, dumbfounded by what the girl just said.

 

“What? You think you can use me like that for free?” Joohyun scoffs. “Plus you said you’ll do anything… anything means PAY ME for my services!” She extends both hands waiting for her payment.

 

“Cough it up bear.”

 

 Seulgi grunts in annoyance. “I really really dislike you, Judo-! OUCH!” The ladle made contact with her forehead.

 

“MY NAME IS JOOHYUN!!! That’s 35 dollars now!”

 

“What the frigg- why do you have a ladle with you?? And why did it increase???”

 

“You made me take that stupid- name!”

 

“AISHH! Fine!” Seulgi pulls out her wallet. Empty. Just like last time. Joohyun giggles.

 

“A he he… so what’s your Paypal account?”

 

“Here” Joohyun shows her her phone.

 

“And…. Done!”

 

“Got it! Thank you very much Ms. Kang Seulgi.” She says as she read the email confirmation of the payment. “Pleasure doing business with you.” She bows exaggeratedly.

 

“Bye Twitchy!”

 

(Noodle Shop; Evening)

 

“Hello! You’re back! I bet you started craving our udon, huh?”

 

“Er.. Not really but yes the udon was delicious! I’ve never had one before.” Seulgi says all shy and fidgety.

 

“I’m Jennie by the way. What would you like to have?”

 

“I’m Seulgi.. Um.. What else do you have? Aside from udon… you guys don’t have a menu.”

 

“Hehe well it is a hole in the wall. You didn’t read the big sign outside?”

 

Seulgi shook her head. 

 

“This is an udon and soba shop. We have a special broth we make. We also make our noodles in-house. You can have them hot or cold; as a set or a la carte. Plus you can add any type of tempura of your choice.”

 

“AHHH I see. Then l’ll try the soba this time.”

 

“Hot or cold?”

 

“Hot please.”

 

“Would you like to add a tempura?”

 

“Okay. Just one shrimp tempura. Thank you.”

 

“That will be 8.50 dollars”

 

Seulgi pulls out her card to pay.

 

“Thank you very much. Choose your seat and your food will be served.”

 

“Um…” 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter