Chapter 1: Udon

One Bowl, Please!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“One bowl, please.”

 

Seulgi scans the room for a free spot after stating her order. She found this hole in the wall noodle shop while she was walking aimlessly in this ungodly hour.

 

“YAH!”

 

“OOUCH!” Seulgi shrieks from being  smacked by a giant ladle.

 

“BOWL OF WHAT??”

 

“Why are you screaming??”

 

“COS YOU’VE BEEN SPACING OUT!”

 

“What kind of restaurant yells at their customers?!” 

 

“The kind that will kick you out if you don’t hurry up! Look behind you, you’re not the only drunk person who wants to eat!”

 

“HEY! I’m not drunk!”

 

“Whatever! SO? BOWL OF WHAT??” The girl says impatiently.

 

Seulgi looks around the room for the menu or any poster of their food. But she couldn’t find any. She started to panic, feeling the glare from the girl and the other customers behind her.

 

“That!” She points to the bowl of udon the man was eating. She sticks her tongue out at the girl. “Bleh!” She was about to walk away when she was smacked with the giant ladle again.

 

“HEY! STOP THAT!🥺”

 

“Ya! Ya! You have to pay to eat!”

 

Seulgi looked like she was about to cry. She had a rough night so having to go through this ordeal was just too much for her to handle.

 

“HYUN-AH! Calm down.” Another girl approached the cashier.

 

“She’s holding up the line.” She scoffs.

 

“The poor girl is about to cry. Why don’t you do the cooking. I’ll take over here.”

 

“I told you I can’t take orders…” she sighs and leaves.

 

“Sorry about that! Joohyun isn’t that sociable but she’s harmless I swear.” The girl smiles.

 

“O-okay…”

 

“So one bowl of hot udon, that will be 7 dollars.”

 

She checks her wallet, she has no cash.

 

“Um… ahehe” she looks up and finds the first girl who took her order snorting in the back.

 

“Do you happen to take credit?”

 

“Yep! We just got it this week. Gotta keep up with the times.” The girl cheerfully said.

 

Seulgi taps her card on the card payment terminal-thingy (I don’t know what it’s called). She sneers at the girl in the back when she was done paying. She made her way to the back end of the counter. 

 

The restaurant was really small and narrow. It had an L-shaped  counter-table seating. There were only 10 seats available.

 

She sat on the chair feeling a little relieved. Seulgi plops her head on the table as everything that had happened earlier started sinking in.

 

‘Why? Why does she like THAT girl??’ She pulls on her right ear out of frustration.

 

‘Arrgh… and why the hell did I have to see them kiss’

Seulgi grips the end of the table with both hands and starts shaking in her seat, her  head shaking furiously. She grunts while gritting her teeth.

 

“OW!” She looks up at the girl on the other side of the counter.

 

“JOOHYUN!” The nice staff said.

 

“WHAT? I used the baby ladle this time” Joohyun shows her. “I can’t help it Solar, she’s quite bothersome.”

 

“Give her a break. I mean look at her…”

 

“Who are we looking at?” Another girl appeared, she was holding some dishes.

 

“That drunk girl” Joohyun points.

 

“Aww she’s cute! Can I pet her?”

 

“Jennie, Joohyun can you two just get back to work.”

The two girls disgruntledly walked back to their stations.

 

“Again, I apologize. Are you okay? I mean you were kinda being weird shaking like that…” Solar says trying not to offend the girl.

 

Seulgi just nods. She doesn’t want to talk about it with a stranger.

 

“Um can I just order a bottle of cold sake…”

 

“Right away.” Solar opened the under counter chiller and served Seulgi the sake.

 

“One bowl of udon, for the crazy person.” Joohyun says coldly accompanied by an awkward smile.

 

“I’m not crazy! You’re so mean!”

 

Joohyun shrugs. “Whatever bear. Just eat it while it’s still hot.”

 

Seulgi made rude faces and gestures when Joohyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter