1.2

First love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It was already midnight when Jisoo and her family arrived home from V’s house.

 

Jin faced his parents.

 

“What happened?” he asked feeling frustrated.

 

He knew nothing about the engagement thing..

How could they leave him in the dark about this?

When it’s his own sister who is getting engaged with a good friend of his?

 

“It’s what you heard..” said Dean. “Your sister has agreed to get engaged with her childhood friend..”

 

Jin turned to Jisoo who was remaining silent.

 

“You really decided on this yourself Jisoo?” he asked holding her by her arms. “What happened for you to suddenly-..?”

 

“Go to your room now Jin..” said Alice. “We’ll talk about this again some other time..”

 

Josh went to their room leaving the three of them.

 

Jin sighed.

Something’s going on.. he can feel that.. there’s no way Jisoo would decide to get engaged with someone just like this.. even if it’s V.. even if it’s an old friend..

 

“Your father’s business is failing..” said Alice in a very low voice. 

 

Jin turned to face his mom.

 

“What?” he asked surprised.

 

No one told him about this.. he has never heard of this before..

But.. what does it have to do with Jisoo getting engaged?

 

“V’s mom and dad offered help..” said Alice turning her head to Jisoo who had her eyes lowered to the floor. “We have always wanted our families to be one that’s why-..”

 

“So you forced my sister to get engaged with V?” asked Jin looking mad. “Why would you do this to her? Jisoo should choose her own-..”

 

“Our family has a lot of debts to pay.. your father might end up in prison if he cannot pay the money back to the investors.. we might end up homeless..” said Alice tearing up. “Luna said she’s willing to help us.. and the only thing we could do for her is this.. that’s why your sister made this difficult decision..”

 

Jisoo held Jin’s arm.

 

“Oppa.. I’m fine.. don’t worry about this anymore.. mom and I have talked about this already..” she said forcing herself to smile.

 

Jin sighed as he pulled himself away from her and went to his room.

 

Jisoo followed him.

 

The two of them have been very close to each other.. and she understands why her brother feels frustrated about her decision..

He has a lot of pride.. because he’s the older brother.. but this isn’t just a light matter that she could overlook since it involves the whole family..

She’s willing to give up on everything for her family..

 

Jin grabbed her by her arms

 

“Jisoo.. you don’t have to do this.. I will work hard.. I will take loans.. I will-..”

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“It’s fine..” she said smiling. “It isn’t like I’m giving up on something big oppa.. I am not even dating anyone.. let’s say mom and dad just made it easier for me to find someone I could marry..”

 

Jin pulled his hands away as he turned his back against her.

He can’t even face her.. he feels too embarrassed to do so..

 

“This matter involves your future.. your life..” he said sighing. “This isn’t any kind of role playing or something.. this is getting engaged and soon getting married.. you are only in your third year college.. you have a lot to see.. you have a lot of things to make.. you have a great future ahead of you and-..”

 

“There’s no future for me if our family is broken..” said Jisoo shedding a tear. “Oppa.. if dad goes to prison.. if our family has to live in the streets.. then what future do I have?”

 

Jin turned to her slowly.

His little sister is making a big sacrifice for their family at a young age..

Why is he so useless?

It’s him who should be protecting her and not the other way around..

 

Jisoo went into his arms.

 

“Just be happy for me.. and support me.. I just want our family to get through this..” she said crying. “And I’m lucky that we know V’s family already.. I’m sure they will take care of me..”

 

Jin pulled himself a little so he could wipe her tears.

 

“I can’t even get married in your place..” he said sighing.

 

Jisoo smiled a little.

 

“Look at you laughing at me.. do you find this situation amusing?” said Jin craddling her face with both hands. 

 

Then his face became serious.

 

“Even if V is my friend.. I still think you’re too good for him..” he said caressing her cheeks. “I will kill him if he hurts you..”

 

Jisoo’s lips curled up.

 

“Do you think I’ll let him hurt me? Don’t you know your sister well?” 

 

Jin chuckled.

Well.. V should be the one to prepare himself for his sister..

 

 

 

————————

 

 

“Why are you so quiet today?” asked Jimin sitting on top of V’s desk.

 

V hasn’t been able to process all of what happened during last night’s dinner..

 

It still sounds funny to him..

He has never even imagined himself to date yet his parents told him he’s getting engaged.. with none other than Monkey..

 

“Why? What happened? Did you get scolded again because of your sister?” asked Suga in a low voice.

 

Jimin smiled.

 

“Even Suga has opened his mouth.. he must be really curious..” he said turning back to V who just kept on sighing.

 

Then they heard the door opening.

The professor must have arrived.

 

V kept his head lowered to the table until he heard their professor introducing their new classmate.

 

“Here is our new student and your new classmate from Japan.. Kim Jisoo..”

 

V lifted his gaze immediately and found her looking at him.

 

What the... what is she doing here? Did his mom plan this too?

 

Then their professor pointed at the empty seat beside V.

 

V’s mouth fell open..

Why does this situation feel so familiar?

 

He and Jisoo used to be seatmates when they were in the elementary shool until she went to Japan..

 

“Stop looking at me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter