2.2

First love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Is there any improvement?” asked Jisoo nervously as she held her hands tight. “What do you think, Doctor?”

 

She went to the hospital to get a check up.. again..

 

That’s right.. she goes to see a doctor to have a weekly check up..

 

She has been doing this for almost a year now..

 

“Looking at the results.. there isn’t any improvement.. but it didn’t get worse either..” said the doctor. “And I think that’s not a bad thing..”

 

Jisoo sighed.

It isn’t like she can be happy that she isn’t getting worse but she was expecting to hear some good results today..

 

She was taking her medicines well.. she was eating healthily and even doing some exercise..

 

But why isn’t she showing any improvement?

 

She discovered having a problem in her liver about a year ago..

She needed to do a whole body check up for college.. and she didn’t expect to be already sick at her age..

 

What wrong did she ever do? She doesn’t even drink or smoke.. her eating habits aren’t bad either..

And her parents have never had any history of having problems in their liver..

 

So why her of all people?

 

She never told anyone about this.. she was afraid her parents would get worried.. she didn’t want anyone knowing about this.. not even her brother..

 

She was told that if her situation worsened.. she might die..

 

And that’s why she was trying hard to be better.. 

 

But nothing seemed to be going her way..

 

In the end she thought she would just die when it was the time..

What could she do? She will have to die at some point anyway..

She doesn’t need to tell her family about her health because they’d just be sad while waiting for her death.. they would be anxious every second and day that passed.. knowing she was not showing improvement..

 

That’s why when her mom asked her if it was fine getting engaged with V to save her family business, she didn’t hesitate to help..

 

She could be engaged then just die before even getting married to him..

She didn’t really care about it..

She only wanted to be a little help to her struggling parents..

 

But everything has changed now..

 

 

“What should I do.. to continue living?” asked Jisoo almost in tears. 

 

The doctor sighed.

 

“For now.. you need to continue taking your medicines on a daily basis.. and make sure to eat well and exercise from time to time-..”

 

“But I’m already doing all of it..” said Jisoo tearing up. “Is there nothing else I could do? Will I just die?”

 

The doctor remained silent.

 

“I want to live..” said Jisoo sighing. “I am.. engaged to the man I love.. and I want to live with him for a very long time.. so please.. tell me what to do..”

 

The doctor put his pen and paper away.

 

“You have to get admitted to the hospital so we can look after you Ms. Jisoo.. I talked with your doctor in Japan and he said he suggested the same thing but you refused because you didn’t want anyone to find out..”

 

Jisoo clenched her hands into fists.

 

If she stays in the hospital.. her parents.. her brother.. and Taehyung will be worried to death..

And she doesn’t want that..

What if she dies even though she’s staying in the hospital?

She’d rather use her remaining time with her fiancèe rather than staying here uselessly..

 

“You asked for a donor but you’re at the bottom of the list considering your age..” said the doctor. “It’d be better to ask your family if they could be tested to see if your liver matches with theirs.. then that would be easier for you.. but you are refusing to ask help from anyone..”

 

Jisoo wiped her tears.

 

“And what if we don’t match? Then they’ll be sad for not being able to help me.. I don’t want them to worry about me..” she said breathing heavily. “I will wait for a donor to come up.. I’m sure someone will be able to help me..”

 

 

———————-

 

 

V was waiting in front of the coffeeshop to meet with Jisoo.

She said she’d be coming from the library nearby but why isn’t she here yet?

Did something happen to her again?

She’s making him worried again..

 

He was going to head towards the library when he saw Jisoo coming.

 

“I’m sorry.. I’m late..” said Jisoo lowering her gaze.

 

Her eyes don’t look puffy, right?

She doesn’t want him to see that she cried so she went to put some make up first before coming to see him..

 

Well.. she did lie to him that she would go to the library alone..

If she told him she would go to the hospital to get a check up, he would probably go crazy.. he gets worried about her even with a simple cough..

 

“You look pretty..” said V holding her hand. “Let’s go inside and have something to eat.. I need to feed my fiancèe before going on a date..”

 

Jisoo’s brows furrowed.

Were they going on a date? She thought they’d just have coffee then go home later..

 

After stopping at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter