2.5

First love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

*Flashback*

 

 

Luna opened V’s door without even knocking.

 

“Why?” 

 

There was irritation in V’s voice but at the same time, it sounded sore.

 

He has been crying non stop ever since Jisoo moved out of their house.

He’s full of regrets.. why did he have to say those words that night?

He should have held onto her.. he should have told her the truth..

 

But he had too much pride.. he didn’t want to lose to her even in the end..

 

And just like that.. he lost her..

 

Almost a month.. since she went away.. and he hasn’t even seen her in college.. she doesn’t come to classes anymore..

 

Does she hate him that much now? Does she not want to see him anymore? Did she go back to Japan?

Even his mom hasn’t been able to contact her mom at all..

Is she cutting ties with him? Because he was mean enough to tell her he didn’t want to be engaged with her?

Even Jin isn’t contacting him anymore..

He must also be mad at him because of his sister..

 

“Get dressed and come with me..” said Luna turning the lights on.

 

V covered himself with the blanket.

 

“I won’t go anywhere..” he said taking a deep breath. “I told you already I don’t want to go out.. I prefer staying at home..”

 

Luna pulled the blanket away and sat on his bed.

 

“V.. you should come with me immediately..” she said looking serious.

 

V put a hand on his forehead.

 

“If this is about tutoring Aurora.. let’s just get someone who can teach her and-..”

 

“Jisoo is in the hospital..” said Luna looking at him.

 

V sat up right away.

 

“What?” he asked in disbelief.

 

Does she have a fever again? Did she faint again? What happened to her this time?

 

“Her condition isn’t good.. Alice just called me.. she said she didn’t want us to know because she made a promise with Jisoo but-..”

 

Luna teared up.

 

V’s throat moved fast.

 

“Why? What do you mean her condition isn’t good?” he asked nervously. “Don’t make that face mom.. you’re making me nervous..”

 

Luna lowered her gaze.

 

“Alice told me Jisoo is crying every night because she wants to see you.. she told me her daughter misses you..”

 

V got up.

 

“I’ll go and visit her right away.. bring me to her and-..”

 

Luna held his arm.

 

“But Jisoo doesn’t want you to see her in her state..” she said crying a little. “She has a problem in her liver.. Alice didn’t specify.. she just said her liver was damaged and that she needed a donor to live.. that’s why Jisoo.. that poor girl was decided to break the engagement.. it was because she didn’t want you to see her like that..”

 

V could only feel his tears flowing down his face..

 

So.. pushing him away.. moving out.. cancelling the engagement.. it wasn’t because she didn’t love him?

 

 

V went to the hospital by himself right away.

Luna had to pick his daughter up from school while Josh had an urgent business meeting that day..

 

He met up with Jin secretly and his friend explained everything to him.. how it first started.. how long Jisoo has been hiding her illness.. how she was doing these days.. and how she wasn’t able to receive any donor yet..

 

V got himself tested right away and fortunately.. he was a match..

 

How it was able to happen.. he doesn’t know.. he doesn’t care about anything anymore since he only wants his Jisoo to get better..

 

 

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

V woke up first and was greeted by his parents and Jin.

 

“How about Jisoo?” he asked as soon as he opened his eyes.

 

Jin went closer to him.

 

“She’s still sleeping.. just beside you..” he said pointing at the bed on the other side of the room.

 

V turned his head and found her indeed.

 

“How is she? Is she going to be okay? Did the surgery go well?” he asked Jin who was smiling as he listened to his worries.

 

“I can’t believe you love my sister this much..” he said shaking his head. “She’s fine now.. the surgery was a success.. and it’s all thanks to you..”

 

V’s lips arched into a smile.

That’s a relief.. 

 

He tried to sit up but Jin pushed him down gently.

 

“Rest more.. you still need to rest.. it’s only 4 am now.. only four hours since you two came out of the operating room..”

 

V heaved a sigh.

Is this why he isn’t able to feel anything yet? 

 

He went back to sleep.

 

And when he opened his eyes again, it was already the morning.

 

Jisoo.

 

He turned his head to her immediately and found her still sleeping.

 

Both of their families were there waiting for them to wake up.

 

Luna helped her son sit up.

 

“Are you feeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter