Chapter 10

Untamed Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hi aunty!" Chaeyoung chirped.


 

"Hey sweety. You came at the right time. I just finished preparing lunch with Imo. Have lunch with us" she said, it's an order, obviously.


 

Chaeyoung chuckled, "Thank you aunty, but I need to see Jungkook right now. Is he in his room?" She asked while walking upstair, didn't wait for Mrs. Jeon to answer her question.


 

"Yes, he's upstair but-" she stop mid sentences because Chaeyoung already out of her sight.



 

***



 

Chaeyoung almost wished she hadn't stepped into his bedroom, because when she do, she find the girl sat casually on his bed and facing him who stand in front of her. Wait, it's not a girl, it's a woman. She looks older than Jungkook, maybe three or five years older. And now that she's inside, make them turned their head to her. "Oops.. sorry didn't know that you have a guess, in your 'bedroom'" Chaeyoung said.


 

"Chaeng,"


 

"You must be the new girlfriend," Chaeyoung stated to the woman, ignoring jungkook.


 

"And you must be Chaeyoung" she said back, smiling.


 

"You know my name?" Chaeyoung crossing her arms, her eyes on jungkook questioningly.


 

"From Jungkook of course" the woman chuckled "He told me about you, a lot"


 

"Hope he share a good stories about me"


 

"Don't worry they're all nice"


 

"Why are you guys talking as if I'm not here" Jungkook interrupt.


 

"I just want to know more about you girlfriend" Chaeyoung spoke.


 

Now it's Jungkook who cross his arms on his chest, "She's not my girlfriend, she is my cousin"


 

"What?" Her eyes widen "You never tell me if you have a cousin.."


 

"You never asked" he shrugged. Chaeyoung frowned.


 

"Nice to meet you Chaeyoung. I'm Im Jin-ah, Jungkook's cousin"



 

***



 

"What happened?" Alice ask as she saw her sister walk in hurry with sour face.


 

"Nothing happened. Are you going somewhere?" She asked back. Noticing her sister already change her clothes.


 

"Uhm, my colleague called. I never said yes since I was so busy. And.."


 

"Just go then. I think you really need that, a date isn't it?"


 

"It's not a date" Alice refute. "Anyway, have you found out who she is? The girl with Jungkook?" She asked, changing the subject.


 

"You might be late sis, you better go now"


 

"Is she really his new girlfriend?" Alice paused, watching her sister reaction, then sigh, "If your best friend's new girlfriend caused you to feel jealous, you may want to examine whether you were interested in your friend romantically. It's quite common to feel something for a friend, and then have those feelings challenged when a date enters the picture."


 

"Aren't you going on a date now?"


 

But Alice continue talking, "The best part of the friendship is loving and cherishing the moments you have with your best friend. Thats true. And your relationship should not change too much simply because he's in a new relationship"


 

"Alice, she is not his girlfriend"


 

Alice gasped, "Really?? Then who is she?" Instead of answering, Chaeyoung turn her sister around and push her to the front door.


 

"Told you, you might be late, sister"


 

Alice chuckled, "Oh my, you embarrassed yourself in front of them because you're jealous, didn't you? Oh wait!" She stop abruptly and turn to faced her sister again, "So it's true then."


 

"What true?"


 

"That you like him more than just a friend. This could be a sign. You might not even be aware of it, or... you might know, but are lying to yourself" Alice grinned.


 

Chaeyoung snorted, "I allow you to come home late sis, bye" she turn Alice around and send her outside before closing the door. She still can hear her sister laughed from outside.



 

***



 

Chaeyoung changed into an overlarge T-shirt that she always wore to bed and sat down in front of the television. She had her feet on the bed, her arms clasped around her bent knees. And she was so sure that Alice really going home late tonight.


 

It was a total surprise then when the door of her bedroom opened to reveal Jungkook carrying a game console and snack. He smiled at her, and strode forward, dumping his stuff on her bed.


 

Her gaze flickered over him as he took off his cap. Their eyes met. "Why are you here?"


 

"Why? I'm not allowed to come to your place now?" He said, feel offended.


 

"Well, you have a guess at your house," then she cleared , "I mean your cousin"


 

"She's already back to Paris"


 

"Paris?"


 

"Mhmm. She lives there for a while, she just stop by before going back. She came to Seoul few days ago for work, she's a model" he explained while settling up the game console.


 

"Ooh" It was such a relief when she got this explanation from Jungkook itself. 'This is weird', she thought. Did she become possessive with him? 'Nah, don't think so' Chaeyoung nodded to herself. She just like too much and like to be around someone she was so close to and understood her so well. 'But that one night after he save you from the douchebag, you kissed him without him knowing' her mind said.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter