chapter nine

evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

she is gone but she used to be mine

 

One week passed since the last time Minjeong saw Jimin, and the only thing that kept her mind away from thinking about the raven-haired is the exam week. She can't let her thoughts wander around.

Same goes for Jimin.

Ever since the conversation with Minjeong last week, Jimin lost her motivation to study. She didn't visit the dojang too, and it made Aeri worried.

"Are you okay? Is this about Minjeong?" The brunette sat beside the gloomy Jimin at their usual spot by the cafeteria. It was crowded, bunch of students were enjoying their meal before their next class while Jimin sat there like a negative energy.

Jimin looked at Aeri with a blank expression, then she sighs. "Yeah."

"Damn the news spread too fast."

"It's my fault for not telling her too." Jimim mumbles.

"Yeah, and to be honest, if I was her I wouldn't know what to say." the brunette remarks, trying to keep the mood as light as possible. "But she's smart, maybe she figured there's a reason why you can't stand up against your father this time."

"I know that."

"Hmm? Then why are you sulking? You know she can't fight for you even if she wants to."

"I like her, Aeri. I like her so much."

"Jimin..."

"She never once said that she likes me too but I don't want her to leave me. I don't want whatever's going on between us to end."

"You can't do that Jimin.." Aeri tried to interrupt but Jimin wouldn't stop.

"I want to keep her by my side even if I can't have her."

The following words stunned the brunette. Her friend is clearly not thinking right anymore. "Jimin. Stop being selfish."

"How is that being selfish? She don't like me anyways, it's fine if I'd still see her—"

A slap.

A slap resonated the whole cafeteria. Everyone turned their head towards the source of the commotion only to be surprised. Aeri has never been into arguments with Jimin, everyone knows that.

With lips tight, no one dared to break the deafening silence that surrounded the cafeteria. They could only stare at Aeri's shocked face and Jimin's almost-teary eye.

When Jimin came back to her senses, she felt her cheek sting a little. And when she looked up to Aeri, she felt even more pathetic. The brunette was looking at her with a gaze she's never seen before. There was pity and a hint of being upset in her eyes.

Jimin surely messed up this time.

"I-I'm sorry." the older mumbles, looking anywhere but the crowd surrounding her. It was embarrassing but it's her fault, there's no excuse that she lost herself back there.

Aeri didn't waste another second before she grabbed the older by her hand and stood up from their seat. Then she drags Jimin with her outside, away from the crowd.

Once they reached an empty classroom, she lets Jimin go. The latter didn't bother to even look up and kept her gaze on the ground.

"I'm sorry too." Aeri breaks the silence with a soft voice, then she takes a step closer to the raven-haired. "But Jimin," she held Jimin by her shoulders firmly. "Don't you understand? She's distancing herself from you because she likes you too." the words made Jimin raise her head to look at Aeri. Then the brunette continues, "She don't want to get attached even more knowing it won't lead to anything. So if she respected your decision I hope you also respect hers."

"I-I...I'm sorry." those words were all it took for Jimin to breakdown and cry on the brunette's shoulder. Aeri quickly placed a hand by her waist for support before she put the other on Jimin's head, making the ol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter