chapter three

evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

i'm a bad woman, but i'm still your woman

 

Next week came and the two young maidens meet again. This time, Jimin made sure she ate her lunch before running to the blonde's building.

Five minutes before four in the afternoon, she spots a slender figure striding down the busy corridor wearing a thin sweater tucked underneath an a-line skirt, paired with a low cut doc martens. Her star-born eyes, bright red lips and full blonde hair that cascades over her shoulders made her stand out in the crowd.

Jimin never bothered to know why everyone fancies the blonde. She heard about Minjeong of course, she's the top student, but she was only familiar with her by name. She never cared about her friends gushing over the pretty student who aces every exam.

She has never been curious as to why every student was fond of Minjeong or how she look like. Until today, when she witnesses it for herself as she stands before a celestial beaut.

She surely missed a lot.

-

Thirty minutes into their study session, the blonde could already feel her eyes getting heavy, she blames it on herself for staying up until five in the morning and barely getting sleep cause she was eager to finish the last chapters of a book she's so into.

A yawn unintentionally escapes her lips that instantly caught Jimin's attention.

"Are you sleepy?" the raven-haired asks, and Minjeong quickly shakes her head in response before returning to her paperwork.

"I already understand your explanations earlier. You can take a nap for a few minutes until I finish solving these problems." Jimin insists, but Minjeong was determined to stay up until they were done, not wanting to slack off in front of the older. "I'm fine, go focus on your homework."

Jimin could only mutter a small "Okay..."

-

It was quarter to six when the two finished studying. Jimin swore her brain could blow up any moment now after solving those math problems. "God why did I take business again." the raven-haired mumbles supposedly to herself, but the blonde heard her little complain and she can't help but crack a laugh. "To be a not-embarrassing heir of your father?" Minjeong replies, mimicking Jimin's words when they first met.

A small smile forms on the older's lips as she recalls the familiar words, "Thanks for reminding me." she sarcastically replies.

"My pleasure." The blonde retorts with the same energy of playfulness.

-

Soon enough, the two were out of the library and walking side by side along the hallway.

"You know," something suddenly came up on Jimin's mind. Minjeong only hummed in return, waiting for what the older has to say.

"You remind me of someone."

"Oh? How so?" the blonde asks in curiosity.

"There's someone in my class that has the same energy as you, and she's also smart. Though, she seems more approachable and smiles more often." Jimin spills, the last words were meant to playfully offend the blonde. But it seems like it only backfired on her.

"Hmm? Do I remind you of your crush?" Minjeong bluntly asks, obviously teasing the older.

Yeah...it really backfired.

Jimin's cheek instantly turned red. "It's not like that!" she tries to deny, "You're just alike, both annoying for me."

"How does that even make sense?" the blonde argues, turning her head to Jimin with a frown on her face. "You said she's easy to go with but you hate her?"

"Yeah, exactly like that." the raven-haired shamelessly confirms. Minjeong could only roll her eyes at that, while Jimin laughs on her own.

Jimin doesn't know how it started, but it seems like the tension that was once heavy when they first met is getting lighter and lighter now. She's not sure if it's a good or bad thing but she hopes it's not the latter.

-

The following day, a not surprising news blew up in the University. Whispers spreads around the hallway while Minjeong was fixing things on her locker. She was curious but it is very inappropriate to eavesdrop on other people's conversations, right? Especially for a top student like her.

But luckily for her, Yizhuo appears just in time to talk about the not-so-breaking-news. "Have you heard?" the younger speaks as she approached Minjeong.

The blonde turns to look at her side. Though a little surprised, she's already used to the red-haired greeting her like this. "Something happened?"

Yizhuo nods her head lightly, leaning on the vacant locker beside Minjeong's. "Yeah, the usual."

Minjeong gave her a confused look before turning her attention back to her own locker. "You need to be more specific than that."

"Jimin slapped a professor earlier." the younger spills.

Minjeong then hastily closed her locker. "What?" the sudden change in her tone surprises Yizhuo. "That's what I heard. They said he was peeking through the women's restroom and Jimin caught her." the younger a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter