chapter five

evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

is it alright to feel something this early?

 

By the time Minjeong arrived at the library, Jimin was already waiting inside at their usual spot. It was secluded and has a window big enough to see the school grounds outside. It was perfect for them since Minjeong don't want interruptions while studying and it helps Jimin get less bored from seeing only books. A win-win situation.

"Can you help me with this?" Jimin asks, pointing her pen at the paper at hand. Minjeong looks up from her own textbook before she scoots a little closer to the older. "Where?" the blonde mumbles, and the sudden proximity made Jimin's heart race.

Minjeong's sweet scent lingered through her and it immediately clouded her mind, almost making her forget about her seatwork.

"Here, try solving it again." the blonde's voice snaps Jimin out of her trance.

Swallowing a lump on , the raven-haired chokes out a small thank you. Minjeong didn't bother thinking much about it and went back to her own side of the shared table.

As for Jimin, the newfound feeling that only appears whenever the blonde is near kept her mind busy for a few more minutes.

Why is she extra attractive today?

-

It was past three when Minjeong's phone vibrates, breaking their comfortable silence. When she looks at the screen, she saw a familiar contact name.

"Hello?" the blonde speaks to the other line.

Jimin peeked from her paper, listening to the conversation with whoever Minjeong is talking to.

"You're already here? I told you I'm still with someone." she hears the blonde chuckle.

Who is it? Jimin can't help but be curious.

"Yeah yeah, just come over."

When the call ended, Jimin quickly turns her attention back to her papers, pretending like nothing happened.

But it's not like Minjeong didn't see her eavesdropping the moment she picked up the call.

"Are you done?" Minjeong calls out for the raven-haired.

Jimin took a glance at the blonde, "Ah, yeah? Is your date already here?" she teases with a mischievous smile on her lips.

Minjeong rolls her eyes playfully before speaking, "I told you it's not a date."

Before Jimin could speak another word, a familiar voice interrupts them. "Min."

When the two looks up to see who it was, one had a smile on its eyes and one had an expression like she's seen a ghost, clearly surprised.

"You're early again,Yeji." the blonde spoke to the tall brunette standing before their table.

As the two engages in a short conversation, Jimin stood astound on her seat as she looks at the damsel.

She was a little taken aback with the turn of events.

"I'm bored, I was excited to see you." Yeji responds with a small laugh, still unaware of Jimin's presence.

The blonde can't help but chuckle at her words. Her eyes then lands on the raven-haired that was slowly feeling out of place. "Ah, by the way, this is Jimin."

Jimin almost jumped from her seat when Minjeong called her name. When her eyes finally met Yeji's feline ones, she could only smile awkwardly. "Hey." she mutters.

The surprise was evident on Yeji's face—which soon turned into her usual soft smile. "Jimin?!" her voice raised a little, making a few students who were looking for books at the nearby shelves look at them.

"You know each other?" the blonde asks with a twitched brows.

The two nodded in unison.

"I know Jimin, we literally share most of our classes." Yeji spills, earning a small "Yeah." from Jimin in agreement.

"Wait, so by chance," Minjeong turns to look at Jimin with a knowing smile. "Is this the woman you were talking about?"

Jimin's cheek instantly turned red at that, and that's enough for Minjeong to know that she's right.

"What did she say about me?" Yeji butts in.

"It's nothing-" Jimin tried to shut the blonde up before she could say anything embarrassing, but Minjeong was quick to cut her off. "She said you're annoying."

Yeji had a perplexed look on her face.

But once she saw the blonde laughing, she figured she was only messing around like she always do.

"I'm annoying, Jimin?" Yeji speaks, trying to sound offended in a charming way.


How is Jimin supposed to say yes to that?

"N-no, I was just joking." the raven-haired stutters. And Minjeong, who was sitting across her, tries to suppress a laughter. Jimin quickly took notice and shoots her a glare...which didn't help at all cause now Minjeong is shamelessly laughing at her along with Yeji.

"Anyways, Jimin let's call it a day here." Minjeong diverts the topic.

"She's not joining us?" the question from Yeji made the two exchange a look.

"Nope, I'm done for today, I'm already tired of Minjeong's face." Jimin states before standing up on her seat, giving it to Yeji.

As soon as Jimin turned around, the blonde mimicked her words while making funny faces from behind. "I'm already tired of Minjeong's face"

Yeji could only laugh in amusement at their little banter. She knew Minjeong could be playful most of the time yet seeing her get along with Jimin's humor somehow surprised Yeji a little.

Who would've thought that the renowned delinquent and the academic prodigy shares the same brain cells?

-

After a tiring day yesterday, the blonde thought today would be a little lighter with school works but oh boy she was wrong. In the middle of her major course, their professor announced that their finals would be to make a short film.

Well as a film student, Minjeong expected this. But the upcoming load of work makes her want to just jump off a cliff.

Once they made a group with the blonde's friends consisting Doyeon and Heejin, the empty slots were soon filled with some random students who can act and some of Jimin's friends who are also in the same class. In total, they have Aeri in charge of the editing, Minjeong in writing the script and co-directing, then the rest were assigned to other tasks.

Everything was set. Minjeong had already picked a script out of her stories-I-wrote-when-I'm-bored folder, and the roles were slowly getting filled...

But they became short on people.

Most were shy and wants to work behind the scenes, and since everyone was free to choose whatever they'll contribute to the short film, the group had no choice but to ask for the professor to have an outsider. As per Aeri's suggestion. Everyone agreed, and the professor was fine with it.

Little did the blonde know, what she thought is a relief of the problem being solved, is just the start of a new chaos.

Because once their group met up for script reading, Minjeong swore nothing could've prepared her for who she'd see that day.

-

"Jimin?!" the blonde was dumbfounded as soon as she saw the familiar raven-haired sitting with her friends, actually having conversations like they're acquaintances. Heejin, who was sitting beside Jimin looked at Minjeong innocently. "You're finally here!" she greets, before standing up and dragging the blonde to their seat. The room was filled with their groupmates as wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter