chapter eight

evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

you weren't mine to lose

 

The next day, Minjeong didn't attend her classes. Which then sparked gossips around the campus. She don't like it. But with her eyes puffed from crying the whole night, she'd rather have them feast over her missing a day in school than find out she cried over some stupid woman. And that woman being Jimin is worse, she can't afford that.

Her friends called her number of times, concerned that something might've happened. But the blonde didn't pick up any call from anyone.

Yu Jimin: Where are you? We have to study today.

Minjeong: I can't meet you today. Let's just meet next week.

Jimin: Are you okay? I heard you didn't go to school today.

Minjeong: That's none of your business. Go self-study if you want to study so bad. Stop texting me, I'm busy.

Minjeong throws her phone back to her bedside table before she returns her focus on the movie playing on her laptop. She's been binge watching mystery movies to keep her mind off Jimin.

At least that's what she's trying to do.

She know she can't blame neither Yeji or her, because they're just part of their father's dumb strategies. She just can't wrap it around her head that there are people who still force their own children to bear such responsibility like it was nothing. What more, Minjeong wants to know why Jimin is not standing up against her own father cause knowing her, she'd probably do.

"Man this." Minjeong groans as she tosses the bedsheets off her. "I said I won't let her affect me this much." she mumbles to herself as her mind started wandering around. A picture of Jimin's annoying smirk flashes through her head and it's more than enough to make her lose her cool again.

I don't want to admit that I like her...that's meaningless now.

-

When Minjeong shows up to her class, everyone was staring at her like some big news. "What?" she eyes her seatmate.

"N-nothing, sorry." they mumble before finally looking away with the rest of the class.

"You're scaring them." Heejin, who's in the same class as the blonde and unfortunately her seatmate, whispers beside her. Minjeong only gave her a blank stare before sighing and plopping down her own seat.

"What's wrong?" The brunette tries to start a conversation, but the blonde was quick to shut her off with a, "Nothing."

"Is this about Jimin? You were gone for a day."

Minjeong quickly turns her head at that.

"I guess I'm right." Heejin adds with a knowing smile.

"It's not about her." Minjeong tries to deny. Little did she knew, the news was already spreading around the campus.

"We already know about it, you don't have to deny."

"Know what?"

"That Jimin and Yeji are dating."

It was not the revelation Minjeong was expecting, but she guessed it's better than what she thought it would be.

"Then what does that have to do with me?" The blonde retorts. They shouldn't know about my feelings yet...right?

"We thought you have a thing with Jimin?"

The blonde managed to not lose her cool this time, "What thing?"

"That you two like each other? That kind of thing."

"We don't have anything, Heejin."

"But Yizhuo said—" Before the brunette could finish what she's saying, the door busts open and their professor comes in.

Just Minjeong's luck.

-

A few days passed by and it's time for Minjeong to finally meet the raven-haired once again. Since the finals is approaching in a few weeks, they decided to meet once a week only to review on their respective courses. Today is thursday, both their free day and scheduled tutor session.

The blonde sits at the far corner of a run down coffee shop near their university. It has the cozy feeling she grew familiar of and the coffees are too good to ignore for its cheap price. She orders herself a latte to keep herself company while waiting. It's getting a little crowded, more students are coming in to study and review with one another and Minjeong could only thank herself for arriving earlier than the rest.

A few minutes later, the bell by the door chimes, signaling another person coming. She turns to look at the entrance and she spots a certain brunette. Minjeong suddenly became nervous. For every step that Jimin took closer to her made her heartbeat faster. By the time Jimin was in front of her with the usual annoying smirk, Minjeong could feel her heart bursting out from her chest.

"Take a seat already." The blonde orders, trying to suppress her nervousness with the usual stern look on her face.

Jimin gives her a light laugh before taking the vacant seat across her. "Not in a good mood again I see."

"When I'm with you, I'll never be in a good mood." Minejong deadpans, earning another laugh from the older.

"I already know that's a lie. You like my company."

"Jimin." The blonde calls out.

"Hmm?"

"Stop saying stupid things." The change of tone in the blonde's voice alarmed Jimin a little.

"Huh? What do you mean?" the raven-haired questions, slightly baffled.

"I heard you're dating Yej

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter