chapter seven

evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

i hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me

 

If Jimin had a choice, she would've went with her mother in New York. If it was up to her, she wouldn't choose to be an heir of a corrupted man who wants nothing but reign superior among the rest. Jimin's father is a well-known business man in the metropolitan of Seoul. They own half of the city's establishments, they make partnerships easily for their name is well-known and trusted by many.

So it's no surprise that her father would set her up on blind dates with men and women who he think would benefit their company. The amount of time she rejected a potential money maker for her father was too much to the point that he came up with an offer the young maiden can't reject.

"I want her to go out with your daughter, Yeji." her father announces, making the three people sitting around the table sit frozen on their seat.

"What?!" Jimin raises her voice first to protest, "What the hell is this?"

"Watch your mouth, young woman. We're in a public place. Don't embarrass me." the old man warns as he cuts himself a piece of steak.

Jimin could feel a few table staring at her but hell did she care, that's not her problem to mind right now. And it's not like being scandalous is new to her image.

"Ah, I think that's too much for your daughter to process, Mr. Yu." the man who was sitting across them interrupts.

"Don't mind her, Hwang. It's part of our partnership right?"

"N-no, ah, I mean yes but—"

"If she wants to see her mother, she will do what I say." Jimin's father cuts off with authority. Yeji's father could only look at the young heir with pity and concern in his eyes.

Jimin couldn't believe what his filthy mouth just said. Using their agreement against her, what did she even expect from this man?

"I won't go out with Yeji."

The strong words made her father pause on his meal. The tension kept arising and none of them knew if they could put it out before the bomb ticks and an outburst of ones emotion erupts.

"You will, or you'll never get that ticket to New York."

That was Jimin's last straw.

"Father!" the slam on the table shut the entire restaurant in complete silence, all eyes were on Jimin. The tears urging on her eyes, her knuckles turning almost white on the table, she could even beg at this point.

But all that doesn't matter to him. And she knows it too.

"Jimin, stop embarrassing me." her father firmly states, not one bit of concern on his tone. "And don't cry in front of me." he adds.

Without even uttering another word, the raven-haired stood up from her seat and ran out of the restaurant. The tears in her eyes made it hard to walk out without shattering glasses on her way. There were people gossiping, people getting worried, but none bothered to intervene. Even Yeji or her father. The old man sitting in front of them is the last person you'd want to be on its bad side, everyone should know better than that.

The least Yeji could do was excuse herself and follow Jimin to also get out of the unpleasant atmosphere. "Uh, I'll go ahead and follow her."

-

When Yeji found Jimin on the mall's arcade games, she sighs in relief upon seeing the raven-haired not crying anymore.

"Thank god you're not crying hard." the brunette mutters as she approach Jimin playing on one of the shooter games.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Jimin mumbles, eyes not leaving the game's screen.

"It's fine. I'm more worried about you." Yeji bites on her lip before continuing, "Uh, I have a suggestion—"

"Are you okay with going out with me?" the blunt words from Jimin sent Yeji's mind into haywire.

"W-what?" Yeji turns to look at the raven-haired and their eyes meet. The stoic expression on Jimin's face sent a shiver down her nerves.

"You're not complaining earlier." Jimin was first to break eye contact, returning to her game.

"C-cause I have an idea..."

"And that is?"

"We can date just until you meet your mother." Yeji spills, and Jimin thinks it's not a bad idea at all. In fact, she already thought of that. But,

"It's not just that." What about Minjeong? Jimin thinks. She knows there's really nothing going on between them but she don't want to lose the blonde's company. There's no assurance in whatever relationship they have right now, but she'd rather hold on to the little hope she has than to completely let it go.

"It's our only choice for now." Yeji further explains.

Jimin breathes, and then she speaks, "You don't understand, I have feelings for someone else."

"So am I."

-

"I arranged a date for you and Yeji today, get dressed and pick her up with a car." his father speaks outside of Jimin's room. Before she could even protest, she hears his footsteps already walking away. The young heir could only sigh her frustrations out.

She lays atop of her bed and thinks to herself. So am I. Yeji's words kept going around inside her head. The words struck Jimin into her senses at that time and somehow, she understood that she's not the only one who has to put up with his father's proposal—Yeji too.

So the same night, she accepted the brunette's plan.

Just until I meet mom.

Just until I set my foot in New York.

-

It was past eleven when Jimin arrived at Yeji's place, a little late than she expected since she don't drive cars that often, but it's still fine since she made it by lunch time.

She rings the doorbell and waits outside until she heard fain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter