chapter four

evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

you got the stars in your eyes

 

"Why did you suddenly have an interest on studying?" Minjeong pops a question as they walk down the hallway. It took Jimin by surprise and the blonde didn't fail to notice such reaction. "If you don't want to answer then it's fine." Minjeong immediately adds with caution.

It plants a small smile on Jimin's lips. "Thank you. Maybe some time you'll find out though, I'm bad at hiding secrets anyway."

The blonde chuckles lightly, "Yeah sure."

"By the way are we meeting next week?" Jimin asks as they reach the campus gate.

Minjeong gave her a light nod. "Yep, you ditched me earlier so you need to make it up tomorrow."

"Hmm, are you up for dinner then?"

The blonde thought she was just hearing things, but when she looked at Jimin beside her, the expectant look on her eyes tells her she meant what she said.

"Dinner?" Minjeong pretends to be oblivious. She has no idea what the question meant, and it's not like she's thinking it's a date, she just wants to clarify what this dinner means.

"Yeah, we can have dinner after class and go study." Jimin replies with a lip tight smile.

"Oh," Minjeong mumbles, "Okay, I'm fine with that." she quickly adds, not wanting the older girl to get the wrong idea.

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye!"

After Jimin ran off, it felt like they took another step closer to being friends. Minjeong wouldn't say she likes it, but she also wouldn't say she hates it. Maybe being with Jimin gives her a new feeling she's yet to grasp, like a mystery novel she's yet to unfold.

-

For Jimin, her greatest and only love was her mother. Nothing could compare to the affection her mother could give. She grew up having her mother's attention all to herself, even if her father could only think about business, Jimin never cared about it. Cause she thought she'll always have her mom by her side.

But when a failing marriage that was bound to end someday came sooner than she expected, surprise would be an understatement. When Jimin came home that night and she saw her mother crying by the front door with suitcases by her side, six year old Jimin never knew that was the last time she'd see her mother.

Jimin never had a choice, her mother was financially struggling so the old lady couldn't take her daughter with her when she left. Her mom had no choice but to leave her future up to his husband that only knows one thing. Business.

Through the years, only a void was left in Jimin's heart. Though her mom still send her emails from time to time, it will never be enough. The young maiden aches for her physically that she would do anything at the cost of seeing her again.

That's why when her father made a deal with her one night, that is to take her studies seriously and graduate on time in exchange of seeing her mother who is now living in New York, Jimin didn't hesitate to say yes.

She was determined to see her mother. Cause after all, the old lady don't have much time left.

When the raven-haired read her mother's recent email saying she's not going to last more than a year from now, Jimin felt like her world was starting to collapse all over again. She didn't get to see her mother for years, she can't afford to lose her without at least spending her last days with her.

So even if it would cost her to give up everything, she would be more than willing to do so.

-

"You're staring." Minjeong whispers, and the raven-haired immediately shakes her head to snap out of her trance. "S-sorry." Jimin replies bashfully. The two are dining in a fancy restaurant, which Jimin is paying by the way, having their supposed study session for yesterday. It's just past six but the place seemed less crowded than it should usually be.

The blonde chuckles lightly. "It's fine. How did your quiz go?"

"Oh!" the raven-haired beams, suddenly feeling excited on her seat. Minjeong just looked at her with expectant eyes.

"I got a perfect score." Jimin divulges with pride.

The blonde can't help but subconsciously smile. "Really?!"

The older nods, "Really."

"Wow, that's great then. I'm happy for you." The genuine words from the blonde warmed Jimin's heart. It's been so long since she heard those words. The last time she heard them were probably from her mother. Losing her by her side made studying make no sense for her. Without someone to celebrate her achievements with her, what's the point of even trying to get one?<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter