chapter two

evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

you make me feel like i'm living a teenage dream

 

Jimin's class ended at three in the afternoon like the usual. By this time, she would be with Aeri in the dojang. But since she's trying to be a diligent student, she has no choice than to head towards the next building where the library can be found.


Walking along the hallway of the said building, it was unavoidable that the raven-haired would catch stares from the students. It feels like they're seeing some sort of ghost considering it's very unlikely for Jimin to be there, especially when they saw her standing by the front door of the library.

Internally, the raven-haired was starting to get annoyed, and if she wasn't afraid of the blonde seeing her lose temper (not like she cares about Minjeong's opinion, really), she would've yelled at everyone giving her a look right now.

"Where is she?" the raven-haired mumbles to herself, then she glances at the wall clock across her. Upon reading the time 3:30, Jimin felt dumb. Of course Minjeong would be late, her class ended at 4PM yesterday, my god Jimin. How did you not realize that? The raven-haired mentally scolded herself.

Few minutes had passed and she felt her stomach growling. Now, rushing to the library without thinking that Minjeong's classes ends an one hour later than hers was one thing, but skipping her supposed meal at this time is another. She didn't even realize she haven't had her lunch yet because she was preoccupied with the tutoring.

"This is already a disaster."

-

Their first meeting went surprisingly smooth, though they first had to go through a commotion at the library because of the raven-haired's sudden visit. Luckily for them, the librarian was fond of Minjeong like a daughter and warned them. The rest were fine, Jimin was unexpectedly attentive to the blonde that Minjeong felt stupid for overthinking the previous night. The raven-haired was able to follow through the discussion and even answer Minjeong's pop-up quiz with a decent score.

"Do you really need a tutor? You're doing good on your own." the two were still at the library, Jimin's focusing on the problem on her textbook while Minjeong is just killing her own time.

"I just happen to be listening to class earlier." the raven-haired lowly replies, just enough for the blonde to hear.

"Then why did you make me teach you about the formulas again when you could easily solve them?"

"I barely understood the discussion, you made things more clear."

The two continued having small conversations in between their homework, though it's just mostly Jimin clarifying formulas and asking Minjeong if her solution is right or where it went wrong.

After a couple more minutes of silence, Minjeong's phone vibrates. It's the alarm she set beforehand, telling her it's already half past five. She closes her book to tell Jimin that's enough studying for today.

But when she looked at the latter, Minjeong can't help but stare in awe. With her creased forehead, her parted lips, the strands of hair brushing against her cheek—She really has a face of an angel with a soul from the devil were what the blonde could only think about.

As if she could feel the pair of eyes gazing at her, Jimin looks up—and her eyes met Minjeong's. "Did you say something?" the raven-haired speaks, breaking the blonde's trance.

"U-uh, yeah," Minjeong stammers, thankfully Jimin was too occupied with the work at hand that she didn't mind much. "I wanted to tell you that it's already time, so you can skip the last problem."

Jimin lightly nods, "Oh, okay. Will we meet tomorrow as planned?"

"If this is helping you, then sure." the blonde responds as she started packing her own things.

"It is."


She looks at Jimin and offers a lip-tight smile. "Nice, then I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Well then, I'm going." the blonde flashes a timid smile before packing her own things in a hurry, "Bye!" she mumbles before leaving Jimin alone at the library.

-

On her way home, Jimin decided to pass by the dojang first, only to bump into a certain brunette whom she figured was just about to leave. "Jimin? Where have you been?!" Aeri, her best friend, exaggeratedly questions. Acting like the older has been gone for an entire century.

"I was just at the library—"

"LIBRARY?!" the brunette repeats, dramatically.

Jimin could only roll her eyes, "Quit it already."

Aeri then bursts into a fit of laughter, annoying the older even more. "Your father finally made you take college seriously?" She asks while they started walking home together. Jimin's father has been persistent on getting her to take her studies seriously as the only heir of their company, but the young maiden never complies. Instead, she gives more headache to the old man.

"Yeah, he's giving me something I can't say no to." Jimin simply explains, and Aeri knew it was a private matter she can't share for now, so she didn't bother to pry any further.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that. I heard you have a tutor?"

"Yeah, it's Minjeong." Jimin casually replies.

The brunette quickly turns her head at that. "Minjeong?!"

Jimin nods lightly as if it was nothing. "What the heck, how?" Aeri questions in disbelief. First of all, how did she get to make her say yes? Agreeing to be with Jimin is literally borderline insanity, she definitely expected more from the blonde!

"I don't know, go ask her." the raven-haired deadpans, making Aeri frown.

"Come on! There's no way she said yes that easily!" the brunette argues.

"Well, I'm sorry to inform you, but she did."

-

It's the second day for their study session And Jimin was early again. Like she never learned her lesson and still sprinted to the blonde's building without eating her lunch. She only realized that when there's only ten minutes left to spare before Minjeong would arrive.

"I'm hungry." Jimin mumbles to herself.

And when she saw the blonde striding down the hallway with her usual stoic expression, she knew she was done for.

-

Unbeknown to the raven-haired, Minjeong was observing her from a distance as she approach the library. Jimin's subtle caress on her stomach didn't go unnoticed by the blonde.

Did she not eat...again? The blonde thought to herself as she recalls yesterday when she would hear faint sounds of someone's stomach growling. And since their seat was secluded and far from the crowd, she knew it could only be Jimin's stomach making such noise.

As soon as she was settled next to Jimin, the blonde didn't hesitate to scold the older. "Did you skip lunch again?"

Jimin gave her a baffled look, "What do you mean?"

"You're obviously hungry."

"I just forgot to."

Minjeong sighs at that. Then she speaks, "I figured. Let's go."

Jimin fixes the strap of her bag and was about to enter the library, thinking their conversation would end there but then she realized the blonde was walking the other way around. She immediately caught on and halts her steps. "Wait, where are you going?" the raven-haired questions, completely confu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter