chapter ten

evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

will you take me home?

 

February 13, 2022

The hall where the graduation ceremony would take place was filled with grand decorations. The enormous red carpet was placed down the aisle, the chairs were uniformed and all that's left is for the ceremony to start.

"We still have 30 minutes." Jimin's father speaks as they were on their way to the venue.

Jimin, who was sitting on the back seat didn't budge to reply. She should be happy that this day finally came, she's a day away from meeting her mother after being apart for so long.

Leaning her head on the window, she glances at the gloomy sky painting the city of Seoul above. Ironic how the clouds are sad on our graduation day.

-

"Yizhuo! Let's go!" the read-haired hears a familiar voice from downstairs. She looks up at the clock hanging on her wall to check the time. "Jesus she's always early." she mumbles to herself before wearing the last pair of earring to complete her look.

"There! This should do." with one last glance on the mirror, she finally headed downstairs. "I'm coming!"

As soon as Minjeong heard the heavy steps down the staircase, she immediately stood up from the couch to greet the red-haired.

"I told you to come at exactly 11AM." Yizhuo frowns as she approach the living room where Minjeong was waiting. The blonde just laughs it off.

"You know Minjeong always arrive ten minutes early." Yizhuo's mother, who walked in just in time for them to depart, speaks with a small laugh.

"Exactly." Minjeong playfully adds, earning a glare from Yizhuo.

"Don't exactly me." the younger whispers in attempt of a threat.

Yizhuo's mom was quick to intervene. "Come on now, you two stop fighting and go on," She pushes the young maidens towards the door, making them almost stumble as they do so. "We'll follow you guys by noon."

-

Three hours passed and the ceremony is almost over, it's now the graduates' turn to walk up the stage and harvest the diploma they've been waiting for years. After many years of questioning one's path, it finally became clear that there is actually a future ahead of them.

"She's staring at you." Doyeon subtly whispers to the blonde sitting beside her.

The ceremony was still on going and the remaining students are still yet to be called on stage.

"Huh?" Minjeong gave her a puzzled look.

The brunette then purses her lips towards the stage, which the blonde followed suit.

And once her eyes landed on the person standing there, then she realizes.

"Oh." was all she could say.

"Yu Jimin, with high honors."

The blonde was a little taken aback at the words she heard. In fact, it's not just her—the entire hall gasped as soon as they heard the following words. Everyone couldn't believe that Jimin, someone who always had failing grades and hated studying, is graduating in college with high honors. The students started whispering in their own circles, making the raven-haired who was standing in the middle of the stage laugh.

But while everyone was confused how Jimin excelled academically, Minjeong kept her gaze on the older. Proud is an understatement, she could even cry right now. Despite the personal feelings, she really is happy for Jimin. It was something she earned for herself.

The blonde unconsciously smiles at herself as she recalls the first time Jimin got a perfect score on her quiz, that was one of her favorite moments with the older.

A sudden vibration from her pocket snaps Minjeong out of her thoughts. When she looked at the sender's ID, she feels herself get a little nervous.

Jimin: Can we meet?

Minjeong sighs, "She never learn."

Minjeong: I'm busy.

Jimin: You're not even doing anything on your seat.

Minjeong: There's a ceremony going on?

Jimin: They won't care if two students go out for awhile.

Minjeong: You're really hopeless.

Jimin: Minjeong, please?

Minjeong: Where?

Jimin: The rooftop.

-

As soon as the blonde opened the door, she immediately found Jimin sitting at one of the benches, her back facing the blonde and staring at the sunset in front.

This scene looks a little too familiar.

There was silenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter