chapter one

evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

only fools fall for you

 

Seoul National University Top Students for the First Semester:

#1 - Kim Minjeong

Minjeong stares at the bulletin board as she holds her cup of morning coffee. Indulging for a sip, she turns her heels and finally started walking down the busy hallway while reading another mystery novel she bought last week. A few students who were scattered around and looking at her questions the lack of enthusiasm. Though they already know that the young maiden has a cool and calm personality, it just throws them off that they rarely see her celebrate. At most, it's just a timid smile after looking at the results, like today.

Well, Minjeong can't really blame them. Most people would be happy to even just make it to top ten. But to be the best and called number one, it holds a greater meaning that nothing can compare, and Minjeong knows that. At her young age, she was an academic prodigy. While achieving the top gave her the satisfaction, there are occasions when it transforms into pressure over time. As a result, Minjeong no longer felt euphoric about holding such a position as she had the first time. Though her parents don't really care about her ranking and urges her not to stress about it, deep inside, she still doesn't want to disappoint them. Especially herself.

As Minjeong walks to her first class, she spots a certain brunette standing by the door with its usual flannel, matching hers. "What are you doing here, Heejin?" the blonde asks as soon as she was closer, making the brunette flinch at her presence.

Once Heejin recognized the familiar voice, she turns to her side and grins. "Hyunjin invited us to watch the taekwondo tournament." the brunette spills with excitement. But on the contrary, the blonde didn't budge at the invitation. "On the first week of semester?" Minjeong mutters, a little surprised that a tournament is being held today.

Heejin chuckles at her expression. "Yeah? You know how they always hold tournaments during this time." she states the obvious, "So, are you coming or not?"

"No." Minjeong quickly rejects.

Heejin purses her lip at that. "Come on, nerd," she tries to persuade the blonde, even when she's completely aware of the fact that her friend has never had any interest on anything aside from reading mystery novels.

"I have no interest in taekwondo, you guys enjoy yourselves." with her last words, Minjeong excuses herself and finally walked inside the room, leaving the brunette behind.

Heejin could only sigh before walking to her own class.

-

Lunch came and Minjeong was sitting at their usual table at the cafeteria with her friends. Heejin, who just finished her chemistry class and was last to arrive, took the seat next to the blonde with much enthusiasm. Probably has something she's eager to tell everyone.

"Have you heard?" Heejin speaks as soon as she settled her things down.

Yizhuo, who was sitting by her left, dropped the food she was eating to listen to what the brunette has to say. "What?"

Doyeon and Minjeong just sat at their places, unbothered but caring enough to listen.

"Jimin was talking to the dean and asking for a tutor." Heejin spills. And all three heads turn to her in surprise.

"What?" Doyeon reacts first.

"Really?!" followed by Yizhuo.

"Jimin? Studying? Someone probably just made it up." and finally Minjeong's anticlimactic response. Heejin and Yizhuo gave her a look, meanwhile Doyeon just tried her best to suppress a laugh.

"Are you a hater?" Yizhuo blurts out to the blonde.

Minjeong looked at her with twitched brows, "What? You really believe what Heejin said?"

"Well, I'm not lying. I even heard that she'll try looking for you in the library later." Heejin mumbled the last words but everyone heard her loud and clear.

"Hmm? She'll look for Minjeong?" Doyeon speaks in a teasing tone. Though the blonde didn't seem to budge, it actually sparked curiosity in her.

"Yeah, I think she wants Minjeong to tutor her." Heejin further informs.

Minjeong releases a deep sigh that caught everyone's attention. "Give me a break." the blonde mumbles, making the trio laugh on their seat.

Heejin then tries to suggest something, "But hey, maybe she can join our study group—"

In which Yizhuo, Doyeon and Minjeong, quickly cuts off with an aggressive "NO."

"There's no way we can last through a day with her in the group." Yizhuo states, and Heejin gives her a puzzled look, clearly confused. "Did you forget that everyone in the study group hates her?" Doyeon adds.

A vivid memory then pops in the brunette's head where one of the members in the study group opened a topic about Jimin, that ended up with everyone ranting about their disastrous encounter with the young delinquent. Once Heejin recalls that day, all she could mutter was a small "Oh" of realization.

"You need to stop skipping group studies so you can get reminded of everyone's hatred for that woman." Minjeong speaks and the table erupted in another fits of laughter.

"Well, I'm sorry for not having enough reason to hate her like y'all." Heejin retorts.

"Of course you won't have a reason to hate her, your girlfriend is literally friends with her." Doyeon rebuts, going along the playful banter.

"Right." Yizhuo nods in agreement.

Heejin could only roll her eyes in annoyance, she's clearly not winning when everyone's ganging up on her. So she diverts the conversation to another topic. "Whatever. Minjeong, what if the dean calls for you to tutor her, would you agree?"

Everyone kept their gaze to the blonde who was now reading yet another novel. They sat in silence as they waited for an answer.

"No."

-

"So, as I was saying Miss Kim, I'd like you to tutor Miss Yu here." the old man sits back to his swivel chair facing two certain students across his table. The room was full of trophies and stacks of papers, yet maintains its elegance—a typical office of a school dean.

Minjeong doesn't even know how she ended up in such situation. All she knew is that she was supposed to go to the library at the usual time but the dean called for her to his office and boom, she's sitting next to the SNU's infamous troublemaker—Yu Jimin. The l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter