epilogue

evermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

until the sky falls down on me

 

“If things could go our way for once, would you come home?”

 

-


Two years later.

 

It’s a cold night for Seoul. The white snow covered its beauty and people couldn’t go out without wearing thick clothes.

 

“Are you sure you won’t freeze to death on that?” Minjeong scolds the red-haired beside her as they hurried down the hallway for an important event.

 

Yizhuo just gave her a smile, “It’ll be warm inside. Besides, you have more things to worry about aside from me.” she finishes just in time for them to reach a huge door.

 

Minjeong gave Yizhuo a look. She told them that there was no need for another grand celebration after last night, but her friends insisted. Saying it wasn’t enough for the award she won.

 

The blonde takes a deep breath before finally pushing the door open. The light from the other side was blinding, but she managed to quickly adjust. As soon as she heard a round of applause and people cheering, a smile immediately made its way on her lips.

 

“There she is!” “The Director of the Year! Kim Minjeong!” “Congratulations!”

 

And many more compliments erupted inside the room.

 

Minjeong would be lying if she said that she’s already used to receiving compliments. There’s no way she’ll get familiar with the warm feeling inside her chest. It will always make her heart race.

 

As the blonde made her way through the crowd and up the stage, she received another round of applause.

 

“Thank you.” she mumbles through the mic.

 

“Director Kim, any words?” the host beside the blonde speaks, encouraging her further to the front of the stage.

 

Minjeong was nervous as hell. She has always imagined herself being a successful director someday, just not two years after she graduated college. It was a huge shock to her and everybody that the movie she wrote and directed in college became  a million dollar film that earned her spot to the top filmmakers in Seoul. She was acknowledged by the well-known directors that she’d only seen in the television.

 

She still can’t believe it.

 

“Uh…” she starts, and the four cornered room quickly fell silent. “I told my friends there’s no need to celebrate this award again but here we are.” she jokes, trying to make herself less awkward.

 

Thankfully, the audience bought the joke and laughs along.

 

“Thank you for your support. I wouldn’t win the award last night if you didn’t do your parts. I’m not the only one who won.” the radiant smile on her lips made everyone in the crowd stare in awe.

 

Minjeong never lost her star-born aura. She’s still the prettiest woman you could lay your eyes on. She’s still captivating, her face is still as divine as ever. But if you only know her as a star but not specifically the sun, then you would know she’s not shining as bright as she should be.

 

Somewhere inside, there’s a void only someone as bright as her could fill.

 

“Miss Kim, “ A voice from the crowd snaps the blonde out of her thoughts.

 

She immediately pans her neck below and spots a familiar looking man.

 

“Juyeon.”

 

He smiles, “Have you finally found your moon?”

 

The question sparks whispers inside the hall. Though it’s fine since only the staffs from the movie are inside, it wasn’t the case for Minjeong’s friends—specifically Yizhuo and Doyeon who were part of the cast. One look in their eyes and you can tell they’re already shredding Juyeon alive in their heads.

 

“I’m just curious. Cause your movies seemed to revolve around someone liking the moon.” he adds with a polite smile.

 

Minjeong knew he didn’t mean any harm. But why would he ask that now?

 

Seeing how her friends were about to walk straight to where he is, ready to drag him out of the room, the blonde decided to just give Juyeon an answer.

 

“No.” Minjeong’s voice kept everyone frozen on their spot, even Doyeon and Yizhuo. “I have no intention to look for a moon that don’t want to show itself.”

 

-

 

“Juyeon is really an .” Yizhuo rants as soon as they settled back to the blonde’s apartment after a long night of celebration.

”That’s why I told you to not invite him.” Doyeon speaks, slouching down the sofa. “Ah, I’m so exhausted.” she groans.

 

Soon, another body slams down above hers. “You shouldn’t have thrown the party in the first place.” Minjeong lays atop of the brunette who’s now struggling to get the blonde off her.

 

“But hey, it’s a huge award to not celebrate.” Yizhuo speaks from the kitchen, clearly feeling at home in the blonde’s apartment.

 

What Yizhuo said made the blonde ponder and look at the shelf across her, where a small but huge enough to notice trophy is being displayed. “Yeah, but it would’ve been better if I could celebrate it with the woman who first portrayed her role.” Minjeong subconsciously mumbles.

 

Doyeon gave up on struggling and just blankly stared at the blonde on top of her.

 

Yizhuo, who just came back with a box of pizza and glass of water, looked at the brunette with a puzzled look. “Why did you guys turn silent?” she asks.

 

“Ask her, she’s thinking about Jimin again.” Doyeon replies.

 

She felt Minjeong getting light and she finally managed to push her aside. She joins Yizhuo on the floor and grabbed a slice of pizza.

 

The red-haired looked at Minjeong with worried eyes. “I told you to stop waiting for her already.”

 

“You can’t blame her.” Doyeon, who has stuffed with pizza, intervenes. “She’s probably worried about Jimin so she’s still trying to understand. And besides, she promised her she’ll come back.”

 

“Yeah, but when was the last time she reassured her that? Last year. And even if Minjeong could wait for another two years, you don’t know what could go through the head of Jimin’s dad.” Yizhuo retorts.

 

The duo could only sigh. They feel bad for the blonde but it’s not like she’s the only one to blame.

 

Maybe Minjeong loved her moon a little too much.

 

Or maybe, she loved someone else’s moon when she shouldn’t have.

 

-

 

“Jimin, our flight’s tomorrow.” Yeji whispers to the blonde laying beside her.

 

The raven-haired looked puzzled. “Huh? We’re going back home?”

 

Yeji smiles, “Aeri said there’s a reunion this week. She’ll be there.”

 

Without even hearing her name, Jimin could already feel her heart racing.

 

But does she still have the right to feel this way?

 

“You can go alone. I’ll stay here.” Jimin turns to her side of the bed, not wanting the conversation to push any further.

 

“Jimin,” Yeji tried to call, but the raven-haired didn’t budge.

 

“I thought you want to come back to her?”

 

“I think I’ve made her wait long enough.”

 

Jimin wants to see Minjeong of course, she missed her. In fact, there’s not a day that she don’t think about the blonde. But she won’t deny that she underestimated the distance between them. Add the fact that she hasn’t been feeling well since her mother passed away. After losing the woman she loved the most, Jimin got stuck in deep agony. Each day felt like a torture, it was hard to cope up. If Yeji didn’t move in with her in one apartment, who knows what could’ve happened.

 

She spent the following months waking up without feeling anything. Nothing excites her anymore.

 

And soon enough, she became unfamiliar with the things and people she loved. Even Minjeong.

 

Yeji sighs before standing up the mattress to sit. “I thought you want to come back to her?”

 

“I do but—”

”Jimin.” The brunette cuts off, eyes trailing down Jimin’s back. She don’t care if the raven-haired is being stubborn, she knows a more stubborn blonde that surely feels the same way as her.

 

“Go back to Seoul with me or I’ll tell your father I want to marry you.”

 

-

 

“Jimin! You came!” Aeri runs through the crowd to greet her friend who just walke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter