Chapter Nine

The Fruit Mouse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the orphan stepped into Junmyeon’s room, Sehun looked up from where he was stretched out across the larger bed, half sitting up. “Squeaky clean fruit mouse." he grinned. "Nice legs..”

Baekhyun scrunched his nose a little but before he could say anything the other man spoke up again. “Sorry. Baekhyun. I should be nicer since we’re going to be roommates for a while.” 

The orphan was confused. “I thought this was Junmyeon’s room?”

The taller man smiled. “It is..” 

Baekhyun suddenly gasped. “Wait- Am I taking your bed?”

Junmyeon walked into the room at that moment. “No, you’re not. This brat is just being trouble like always.” he responded. The hint of affection Baekhyun thought he heard in the older man’s voice was confirmed when Sehun stretched his arms out in a needy gesture and the older man rolled his eyes before leaning over to let the younger pull him down onto the bed. 

Sehun grinned cheekily. “My bed is actually down the hall but we share now.” he explained, looking over Junmyeon’s shoulder at the orphan.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he gave a small nod in understanding. The scene of the two men on the bed made him feel like he was intruding on a private moment, so he deliberately looked away as he walked over to the smaller bed. “It’s been a long time since I slept in a real bed.” he said quietly. He put the clean pants onto the bed then plopped down next to them and bounced experimentally on the mattress. 

Junmyeon pulled himself out of the embrace and sat up on his bed with a look of pity. “Oh you poor thing..” he said as he looked over at the orphan.

“I’m guessing you won’t be in that bed long if the boss gets a glimpse of those legs..” Sehun quipped as he also sat up. Junmyeon tsked at him and lightly whacked his arm in a scolding manner.

Baekhyun looked up in alarm. “Should I not be on a bed?” He dropped his dirty clothing next to his bag and started to slink off the bed. “I can sleep on the floor, it’s ok. I’m used to it.” he assured the two men, who had both startled in surprise at his actions. Junmyeon quickly came over, putting his arm protectively around the orphan and preventing him from going all the way to the floor. 

Sehun had put his hands out in a preventative gesture at Baekhyun’s actions as well, and he was quick to explain himself. “No! I just said that ‘cause you hadn’t put the pants on.. And he’s-” Sehun’s words were halted abruptly by Junmyeon giving a stern look and loudly clearing his throat. 

Baekhyun looked confusedly between the man still hugging him and the man on the other bed. They seemed to be having an unspoken conversation for a few seconds but then Baekhyun gave an awkward chuckle. “Um.. so, I’m supposed to wear the pants and not the shorts then..?”

Junmyeon released him and picked up the clean pants with a grin. “Those are underwear. You wear these over them.”

Baekhyun blushed. “Oh. I didn’t.. I’ve.. never..” he stuttered awkwardly. 

The two other men exchanged a look, but Sehun recovered quickly and leaned back comfortably on the big bed. “Well, now you know. Don’t worry about it. All of us here have come from different backgrounds. We can help you with what we know, and you can help us with what you know.” he said with a satisfied grin. Junmyeon smiled and nodded in agreement. Baekhyun took the offered pants with a small smile and stepped into them, pulling the drawstring waistband as tight as possible to his small frame. 

Junmyeon chuckled. “Looks like we might need to get you a smaller pair the next time we’re in town.. C’mon, let’s show you where we wash our clothes.” He gestured to the doorway.

Baekhyun picked up his dirty clothes.  “Actually, I know how to do a little sewing, so if someone has a needle and thread I'm sure I can fix these just fine..” he commented as he began following the older man walking out the door. 

Sehun raised his eyebrows in surprise as he followed them both out of the room. “Do you really? See that’s what I was talking about… Nobody here sews so I’m sure the boss will be even more happy you’re here now!” 

Actually, Baekhyun had his doubts about how happy the boss had been with him trespassing and stealing all those oranges. But he decided to put those worries out of his mind for the time being and enjoyed the continued conversation as the three walked down the hallway together.


 

In the darkness later that night, Junmyeon and Sehun snored quietly on the large bed across the room as Baekhyun looked out through the rain pelting the window panes. It had been a long day full of all sorts of new things, so even though the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter