Eighteen

The Difference Between You And Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Karina Yu and Felix Lee," the teacher spoke, reading off of his list of partners. Welp, there goes the only partner I wanted.

 

"and finally, Winter.. I think you would be best paired with our new student, Jeon Somi." he continued in a calm voice, but nothing about that statement made me calm. I just gave him a nod, my heart beating fast. Somi slowly turned herself around in her chair, locking eyes with me. She's still chewing her stupid gum. She smirked, her eyes wandering everywhere. "My house after school?" she asked.

 

"What if we don't need to work outside of school on this project?" I asked quietly, hearing the teacher clap his hands. We all turned our attention to him, except Somi, she's still staring at me.

 

"We will start this project in class however you will need to meet with your partners after school to get it done. In class is not enough." he said and picked up a marker. He started writing the concept of the project on the board.

 

I focused my eyes back on Somi, seeing her eyes narrow at me. I sighed, nodding my head. "Sure." I gave in.

 

"Sure what?" she asked, tilting her head. I did not miss this girl one bit.

 

"Your house." is all I said. She nodded, turning back to the front of the classroom to watch Mr. Young talk about the project.

 

I looked at Karina, only to notice her giving Somi a death stare. I tried to get her attention by waving my hand in the air, it worked because she snapped out of her gaze at Somi and looked at me. I gave her a small smile, only to see her not smiling back. She looked down at her desk, picking at her fingernails. Ugh!

 

[lunch]

 

I walked into lunch, seeing Karina is already sitting down at our table. My usual spot is open, thank god. I walked over quickly, sitting down.

 

"Hey Win," Ningning said smiling at me. I greeted her and Giselle quickly, turning my body to Karina.

 

"Babe?" I called gently, putting my hand on her face. She locked eyes with me, sighing heavily. "What's up?" I asked sweetly.

 

"Somi is what's up." she answered, the look on her face telling it all, she's pissed.

 

"If you don't want me going to her house for the project I won't but-"

 

"It's not just that, Winter." she cut me off, hitting her hands on the table aggressively. I jumped, closing my eyes for a moment. I hope this is all a dream. "She's everywhere." she continued, looking away from me.

 

"I'm sorry.." I said, rubbing my thumb on her cheek. "She means nothing to me, I have you." I assured her, making her blush lightly. She just nodded, kissing me sweetly.

 

"Hey," we all heard as we look up, seeing Somi standing beside where Giselle is sitting on the other side of the table. "mind if I sit?"

 

"I um.." but before I could continue, she's already joining us at the table by sitting down. I sighed quietly, looking at her. "why are you here?"

 

"I have nobody I know to sit with." she said. She's not eating lunch, she's just sitting there. I noticed Ningning, Giselle, and Karina all looking at her.

 

"I meant this school." I clarified, giving her a straight face. She laughed, twirling her finger on the table in circles.

 

"I already told you, my private school was ." she answered shrugging. Karina stayed close to me, holding my hand under the table.

 

"I thought you moved." I said, confused.

 

That's the reason she broke up with me, because she said she was moving. I furrowed my eyebrows, seeing her looked away from me.

 

"I did move, but it wasn't far. I've always been here, I just went to the private school about twenty minutes away." she explained, leaving me to stare at her in shock. I didn't want to say this in front of everyone but I couldn't stop myself.

 

"Then..t-then why did you-"

 

"Win?" Ningning cut me off quickly, grabbing my arm. I looked at her, blinking before turning back to Somi, "why do you care?"

 

"I-I don't but..why?" I know that she knows what I'm talking about. She sighed, crossing her arms across the table.

 

"I know we were young but I loved you too much to keep our relationship going where I couldn't see you a lot." she said looking down at the table. I gulped, glancing at Karina. She looks even more pissed, steam almost coming out of her ears.

 

"Oh," I uttered.

 

"You know what Somi," Karina started out of nowhere, snapping. "you have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter