Twelve

The Difference Between You And Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina and I went downstairs for dinner after sitting sort of awkwardly in her room watching tv, nothing else ual happening.

 

We sat at the table, both of us thanking her mother as she handed us a plate with delicious looking food on it. She sat down with us and we started to eat.

 

"So Winter.." her mother started. "I hope you don't mind me asking but what's your last name?" she asked sweetly. I made sure to swallow my food before answering.

 

"It's Kim." her face lightened up.

 

"Your features reminded me of someone, is Kim Taeyeon your mother?" she asked and I wondered how she knows my mom. I nodded.

 

"Yes ma'am."

 

"I used to work with your mother, she's lovely." she said with a sweet smile on her face, putting a forkful of food in . I glanced at Karina and saw she's just staring at me.

 

"She is." I agreed happily. Then the room becomes silent, as all of us eat our food.

 

"Karina sweety, how's you and uh.. what's that boy's name?" her mom suddenly asked which made my eyebrow furrowed in confusion.

 

"It's Soobin, mom." she replied, not sounding happy to be talking about him.

 

"Oh right."

 

"We broke up." she said then continued eating her food.

 

Her mom froze for a moment then smiled slightly. "Oh really? I never liked that boy anyway." she said which made Karina and I laughed a little as we looked at each other in awe.

 

“Why not?" I asked her as she shrugged.

 

"He seemed no good for my brilliant daughter." she said, smiling at Karina. I totally agree with you Tiffany, totally agreed.

 

"He wasn't. Can we not talk about him?" she asked nicely.

 

“Of course not..why don't we talk about you two?" her mom asked in a calm voice. Karina and I froze, both stuck with food in our mouths.

 

"What?" Karina asked with full of food. I covered my mouth for a moment waiting for her mother to say something. She swallowed her food and her mom shrugged.

 

"At least I know my daughter isn't a cheater." she answered as she finished her food. We are all done now, just talking. What is she talking about?

 

"W-what made you think I was a cheater?" Karina asked, staring at her mother.

 

"I didn't know you and Soobin broke up. So I just assumed." she replied in an innocent voice. Karina put her hands down, waiting for her mom to say something important. "Let me think, why else would my daughter have her door locked, be out of breath, and have her shirt inside out. With someone else in the room?"

 

Karina closed her eyes, her face turning red in embarrassment. My face is totally red right now too, I can feel it. Neither of us saying anything.

 

"You never told me you liked girls." her mom added and Karina looked at her.

 

"I-I didn't really know how I felt." she said shyly. Her mother laughed warmly as she stood up with her plate. She kissed Karina's forehead and put her plate in the sink.

 

"Well I'm guessing you do now." she said before taking a bottle of water and about to exit the kitchen. "You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like Winter. My room is right next to Karina's though so just..keep it down." I almost gasped, hearing what her mother just said to me.

 

"Mom!" Karina shouted in an embarrassing tone. Her mom just laughed loudly.

 

"Thank you for everything." I said to her, trying to hide my embarrassment as well.

 

"Sorry if I interrupted anything before-" she said as she left the kitchen, and then footsteps up the stairs are heard. I blushed.

 

"I am so sorry." Karina said as she grabbed her plate and walked to the sink. I grabbed mine and did the same thing, dropping it in.

 

"No big deal." I tried to forget about what her mom was saying and probably what she was thinking. "I'm sorry if I ruined things. I don't know if you wanted your mom to know or not..?" I continued and she shook her head, putting her finger under my chin.

 

"Don't be sorry, she doesn't seem to mind so it's totally fine and it's partly my fault, I put my shirt on inside out." she laughed slightly and my mind started to ask all these questions. What would of happened if we weren't interrupted? she said she's still figuring herself out? she wouldn't of gone all the way with me..right?

 

"So um.." she started and I zoned back into reality.

 

"What's up? I asked her. She leaned against the counter, her hands gripping it behind her.

 

"There's a party at Soobin's this weekend." she said. Oh? "I was wondering if you wanted to go?"

 

"S-Soobin? Soobin's party?" I asked again to make sure I heard her correct, she nodded. Does she still feel something towards him. "Why him?"

 

"I'm not going for him, it's just his party. That's why I'm asking you to go, with me." she said, getting closer to me and smiling. I thought for a moment before slowly nodding.

 

"Sure." I said quietly. She clapped her hands, seeming very excited. I chuckled at her cuteness as she stopped clasping, raising an eyebrow at me.

 

"Are you laughing at me?" she asked and pouted, putting her head down.

 

"Yes I am." I said proudly, lifting her head up. I want to kiss her again but I don't know. I'm shy but not so much around her anymore.

 

I leaned in, getting closer and closer as I reached her face. She closed her eyes and I did the same, touching her lips with mine in a small, delicate kiss. I cup her cheeks with my hands, holding the kiss and feeling the butterfly's erupt in my stomach.

 

We pulled away and looked at each other. She touched my nose cutely. "want to watch a movie before you go?"

 

"Absolutely." 

 

We walked over to her couch, turning on the tv. We looked through movies as I got closer to her and wrapped an arm around her waist. She leaned against me, picking a random movie.

 

We watched the movie in silence, pretty much cuddling. I feel like I can't focus on anything when shes this close to me. The fact that Karina Yu might have a crush on me freaks me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter