Eleven

The Difference Between You And Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ran through the halls of the school, desperate to get to my locker and tell Ningning what happened. I got a lot of stares as I finally stopped at my locker, hunching over and catching my breath.

 

“Woah there, what got you actually running?" Ningning asked, chuckling. I stood next to her, turning her towards me. I caught my breath, shaking my head.

 

"Ningie I am beyond confused right now." I told her, she raised an eyebrow at me.

 

"Why?" she asked as I looked around, getting closer to her so only she hears.

 

"Listen, don't freak out please." I said to start off. Her expression turned into even more confusion as I took another breath. "Karina and I made out yesterday. but-"

 

"WHAT!?" Ningning screamed, cutting me off. I put my hand over and shushed her, taking a look around, everyone is staring.

 

"Sorry!" I said out loud as everyone went back to what they were doing. I sighed, looking back at Ningning. Her face is full of shock. "I told you not to freak out!"

 

"How could I not?" she asked in a whisper yell. I shrugged, just looking at her. "how did that happen?"

 

"Soobin cheated on her with Mia." I said very quietly. "so she ended things and she came to my house crying, telling me. Then after we finished talking, she kissed me." I continued. Ningning grabbed my hands, shaking them vigorously with a big smile on her face.

 

"Winter that's awesome! I'm so happy for you." she said and that's what I was afraid of.

 

"D-don't say that yet. After the kiss it sort of got awkward and she just ended up leaving. Not in a rude way but we didn't even talk about it yet." I explained. Ningning rolled her eyes, hitting my cheek.

 

"Duhhhh, tell her you like her." she said in an obvious tone. I winced, shaking my head. I don't know if I want to do that yet.

 

"I can't. I don't know what to say to her." I said quickly, panicking a bit inside. Ningning's eyes widened as she looked at something behind me. Please tell me it's not Karina.

 

"You better think of something quick." she whispered, turning to her locker. I didn't turn around, I just kept my eyes on my bestfriend. She glared at me from the side.

 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I know who it is. I'm screwed. I slowly turned around and I'm met by Karina. she gave me a small smile, her cheeks blushing, wow, she blushed easier than me sometimes.

 

"H-h-hi." I stuttered incredibly, feeling embarrassed by it. She stayed silent for a minute, trying to find the right words. Please don't say what I think you're going to say. I will do anything to avoid this right now.

 

"Don't you think we should talk about..what happened?" she asked me in a gentle, cute voice. I'm frozen in place, not knowing what to do. I don't know if I want to talk about it. I'm scared of whatever words will be said to me from my crush.

 

I'm about to say something, anything. but the bell rang. Saved my the bell! Yes!

 

"Oh Ningning and I should probably get to class, sorry." I said in a rush and grabbed Yizhuo's hand, yanking her down the hallway. She yelped, almost tripping.

 

"You seem to always forget we have first period together." I heard her say and I stopped in my tracks, giving Ningning a desperate look. Definitely not saved by the bell. .

 

Karina and I walked side by side to class, not saying a word. When we got to class with a minute to spare, we took our seats and I pulled out some supplies. I tried to keep myself busy before the bell rings.

 

"Winter?" I heard beside me. I continued rustling around my folders and pencils, writing my name on a piece of paper.

 

"Yeah?" I replied, not looking at her. I kept my eyes on my desk, avoiding eye contact. She sighed.

 

"Look at me please." she said in a desperate voice, catching my attention. I gulped before slowly meeting eyes with her.

 

"What's up?" I asked clueless. She shook her head, not taking that.

 

"Don't ‘what's up?' me. You're the last person i need avoiding me right now. You're all I have. Can we please talk after school?" she pleaded and pouted, knowing i was trying to avoid her. I didn't do it to be mean, she must know that, right?

 

"Sure, yeah." I agreed, nodding my head. She did the same back as our ears filled with the ringing of the bell. The teacher started talking but i can't concentrate. All I'm thinking about is what Karina going to say to me later. And thinking of what exactly I'm going to say to her.

 

When lunch finally arrived, it felt like five years after first period. This day is going by too slow for my liking. I sat next to Ningning like always, waiting for Karina to come up and sit with us. She finally did, giving all of us a small smile. I just looked at her, admiring her as she eat her apple.

 

"I wasn't avoiding you to be mean." I said as i felt the urge to. I don't want her to see me as that kind of petty person. She shook her head, taking another bite.

 

"You're you.. I know." she said giggling a little. I turned back, seeing Soobin and Mia sitting together. They are talking like normal, a little closer than normal. They are so messed up. "why was it then? because of what happened?" she asked.

 

"I-no. well, I guess. Sort of." I said not knowing what to say. She just gave me a sort of confused look, not knowing what to think.

 

"Are you scared to tell me something?" she asked curiously. I opened my mouth but nothing comes out. I just shook my head, hoping to avoid any other questions she has.

 

"Are you?" I asked back. She shrugged, chewing her apple so politely. Of course she is.

 

"I guess you'll have to wait and see." she raised her eyebrows, looking away from me. The rest of lunch was silent for me, now hoping that the end of the day comes faster for my sake. Not for hers because..well I don't know what to say.

 

I just listened as Ningning and Giselle talked about nonsense. This is what i didn't want. It to be awkward between Karina and I. Hopefully we can clear this up, and she can just tell me she likes me. I mean..ugh. this is going to be hard.

 

[after school]

 

Ningning drove me to Karina's house, begging me to tell Karina how I feel the whole way there. I ignored her, trying to explain how i don't know if Karina likes me. Maybe I'm just a rebound, someone to get her mind off of her ex boyfriend who cheated. She doubted that's the reason and I hope she's right.

 

She dropped me off, telling me good luck and blowing her famous kiss before driving off. I took a deep breath and walked up to Karina's front door. I knocked, waiting for her to answer. She finally did, greeting me with a smile and letting me in.

 

"Karina, honey? Who's here?" I heard a woman's voice coming from her kitchen, and then a woman peering her head, "Oh, who's this?" she asked coming over to us.

 

"Mom, this is Winter. Winter, my mom. She's a close friend from school." Karina introduced us as I shook her mom's hand, giving her a smile. Wow, now I know where Karina got her good genes.

 

"It's nice to meet you Ms. Yu." I said nicely. She smiled laughing a little.

 

"The pleasure is all mine dear. Please just call me Tiffany." she said sweetly and I nodded, giving a look at Karina.

 

"We will be up in my room." Karina said and I followed her upstairs as her mom told me it was nice to meet me again. We got up to her room and went inside.

 

"Your mom is super sweet." I said sitting on the edge of her bed. She nodded, sitting next to me. "reminds me of you."

 

"Everyone says that." she said letting out a small giggle. Then, silence. Complete silence. I played with my fingertips, hearing us breathe. That's how quiet it is. "Do you regret it?"

 

My eyes opened wide as I kept them down towards the floor. I didn't react or respond. "Do you?" I asked.

 

"I asked you first." she said. I sighed, hoping to not regret this. I slowly shook my head, not looking at her. "Good. Me either." she said quietly. I felt my heart fluttered with happiness at those two small words. "Winter I..-" she started but then stopped, leaving me puzzled.

 

I looked up at her face, seeing her stare into space. "What?" I asked, wanting to know what she has to say.

 

"Ever since I met you, you've been the nicest person I've ever met. I've never had luck with friends in the past, it always ended up bad. But you..you're like the one I've always dreamed about. You've done so much for me and that drew me to you." she explained, making my face heat up and my heart do jumping jacks.

 

"I was always taught to treat everyone with kindness. Unless they hurt the people I care about." I told her and she nodded, listening to me.

 

"Like I said I've uh, I've never talked about my uality before. I've only ever dated guys but something about you gives me this crazy feeling." she said and I can feel my heart bumping out of my chest.

 

"I'm just that good, huh?" I smirked in a joking manner. She laughed, hitting my arm gently.

 

"Shut up." she said squinting her eyes at me. I let out a breath, waiting for her to say something else. "I don't know how or what you feel but.. I hope it's something." my eyebrows raised at her word

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter