Nine

The Difference Between You And Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked at my bestfriend like she's gone insane. "Yizhuo!!" I said loudly looking at her. I felt Karina grabbed my hand, trying to get my attention.

 

"No it's okay." she assured me as I turned my head to her. Then I watched as she looked past me to Ningning, thinking for a moment. "To be honest, I-I don't know. No ones ever really talked about my uality with me before." she continued and now can I be honest? I'm freaking out inside. Ah Ning Yizhuo, now you've ed me up!

 

"Oh so..are you not straight?" Ningning continued her questions and I turned my head to her, giving her face that begs her to stop.

 

"I don't know." is all she said, and when I turned to her again she shrugged lightly. I'm going to get a headache from looking back and forth from these two.

 

"Fair enough." Ningning said turning her attention back to the movie and smirking. I now realized Karina hasn't let go of my hand from when she grabbed it earlier. She leaned back on the couch, still not letting go of my hand as she now just sat close beside me.

 

Ning, if you scared her off, you're dead.

 

"Sorry about her." I mumbled to Karina. She looked at me and smiled, shaking her head.

 

"No worries." she whispered, her eyes not leaving mine. After a few seconds, I turned my eyes back to the movie and continues to watch it. I can feel that she's still looking at me so my face turned red.

 

As a few more seconds passed, I see her eyes still not leaving me to watch the movie. Or to look anywhere else but my face. I turned back to her, giving her a small smile. "why are you looking at meeee?" I whined, covering my face.

 

"Because you're pretty." she answered quietly, tilting her head to me. My whole body froze as I just looked back at her with sort of wide eyes. I relaxed my eyes fast so it doesn't look like I'm totally fazed by what she just said.

 

"O-oh," I stuttered, my hands becoming sweaty. My whole face and neck are probably beat red right now and I can't do anything about it. This girl is too much. "you're pretty too."

 

She pulled her leg up to her face, leaning her head on it. She smiles cutely. "thank you." she blinked a few times, looking away from my eyes.

 

I felt a tug at my arm suddenly and then I'm being ripped up from the couch. I looked at Ningning with a confused look. "I'm sorry Karina, excuse us for a moment."

 

She pulled me to the stairs, going up them quick. I tried to follow her quick pace but i almost fell. She barged into my room and shut the door. "Winter you're not serious!" she shouted. I shushed her, putting my finger up to my lips.

 

"What?" I asked shaking my head. She comes closer to me putting her hands on my shoulders.

 

"This girl acts like she's totally in love with you." she said, her face directly in front of mine.

 

"I don't know what-"

 

"Oh my god, shut up!" she cut me off loudly, shaking me by my shoulders. I stopped her, grabbing her arms. She gave me a look like 'wow, you are a ."

 

"Ningning, she loves Soobin-"

 

"Winter, from the time you've been together she has wanted you to call her almost every night. She's taken you on a date that she planned to pay for, you've hung out at her house, you've hung out at your house. She kissed you on the cheek. You practically cuddled everytime you're on the couch, and she just called you pretty for god sake." she rants, almost losing her breath. I just looked at her with wide eyes.

 

"She..she's having problems with Soobin and she needed someone. I'm not saying I'm just a backup but I'm a pretty good friend. Wouldn't you agree?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

 

"Yes I would but it's different. S-she won't stop looking at you and it's not just a friend look." she told me, trying to get me to admit that Karina likes me.

 

“What do you want me to do?" I asked, taking her hands off of me. She sighed, shrugging.

 

"I don't know. Kiss her, do something. This is torture watching you two just awkwardly flirt." she answered and I shook my head quickly. Hell no.

 

"She's with Soobin Ningie. You'll have to deal with that." I said and she laughed slightly.

 

"Winter, you sure as hell know they aren't going to last. He's with her best friend right now." she said and I looked down, not knowing what to think.

 

"She told me she's dealt with this for a while. What if she just stays with him?" I asked, pouting. She comes closer, squeezing my cheeks like I'm a little kid.

 

"Break them up. I suggest by kissing her because then she'll be like Soobin who? and then she'll love you." she said and I gave her a straight face.

 

"Oh yeah fabulous plan." I rolled my eyes. "let's go, we've been up here long enough." I added, walking to the door.

 

"You miss your baby Karina already?" she asked making a kissy face at me. I cringed and just walked out to the room. She laughed at me as I just continued to walk, going down the stairs and seeing Karina just on her phone.

 

"Hey I'm sorry." I said sitting next to her. She shook her head, putting her phone down sighing.

 

"Did I do something?" she asked gently. I shook my head quickly.

 

"No no, Ningning is just a weirdo." I answered and looked at her. She gave me a smirk before sitting on the couch. Karina nodded, staring at her phone on the coffee table. "Are you okay?"

 

"Neither of them have texted me all day. What if he's cheating on me? with my best friend?" she asked looking at me with soft eyes. I just shrugged, giving her a sad look. "I should have never gotten close to Mia."

 

"It's not your fault." I said quickly. She smiled a little. "why don't you just drop her?" I asked. "she seems toxic."

 

"She's all I have...besides you." she said and I blushed lightly. "she's the reason I'm sort of popular, besides Soobin."

 

"You don't have to be popular for people to like you Karina. Have you met yourself?" I said and giggled a little. She just looked at me, blushing. "anyone who wouldn't like you because you're not the most popular girl out there is an idiot." I continued, intertwining my hands on my lap.

 

She didn't say anything. She just sat up and leaned forward, coming towards me with her arms open quickly. She wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly. I did the same, wrapping my arms around her torso. We stayed in this position for a little while. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed her being close to me.

 

"Stop being such a sweetheart." she said as she pulled away, but staying close. I giggled at her, shaking my head.

 

I looked over quick to a sniffing sound and saw that Ningning is crying at the movie. We were talking and got distracted that it's already the end. Karina and I burst out laughing at her.

 

"Poor Gus." she said, wiping her nose and eyes. I went over, giving her a quick hug.

 

"Aw its okay Ningie." I comforted her, still sort of laughing. She hit me, causing me to get off of her.

 

"Don't laugh at me you , this is sad." she said pouting. I looked at Karina and she's smiling like an angel over there. I'm glad I can help her out when she's feeling down. It makes me feel better.

 

"Sorry but it's too late." I said, patting her head. She gave me a dirty look as she stops crying. She took a breath, looking at us. 

 

"You guys hungry? crying makes me hungry."

 

"I could eat." I answered, then we both looked at Karina. She shrugged, not seeming to mind.

 

"Sure." She said then I watched as she picked up her phone again, checking for any texts. She dropped her phone after seeing no texts from Soobin or Mia.

 

"I say we go get some mcdonald's." Ningning suggested, standing up. Karina and I agreed as we got in the car and drove to mcdonald's.

 

When we got there, Ningning offered to go inside and get all of our food. We gave her our orders and she typed them on her phone to remember.

 

"Oh, I'm paying for all of us!" Karina squealed, taking out her wallet. I shook my head, putting my hand on top of hers.

 

"No you don't have to." I said gently and she looked at me with a side eye.

 

"Don't even start with me. I told you I was paying next time we eat out together, and you paid a lot so now it's my turn." she said taking money out and handing it to Ningning. "Pay for your meal too Ningie." she said. Ningning hesitated but grabbed the money anyway.

 

"Karina." I stuck my bottom lip out, pouting. She shook he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter