Thirteen

The Difference Between You And Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a painful rest of the week without Karina in school, it's finally the weekend. Saturday night actually, I'm at Karina's. She's getting ready for the party. I asked Ningning to come but she said she had a huge project due monday for a class so she had to work on it.

 

"What do you think?" Karina held up a cute red crop top up against her current shirt on now. "This with black ripped jeans? We can twin with the jeans." she giggled.

 

"I like it." 

 

She set the shirt and jeans down, slipping her shirt over her head. "Woah." I said looking. "Give me a warning next time."

 

"Nothing you haven't seen before." she said putting on her crop top. Welp, she got me there. She put on her jeans as I tried not to stare at her with just on for a few seconds. "Good?" she asked, looking in the mirror.

 

"Shall I say, perfect." I said teasing her. She turned around and gave me a look. I giggled, watching her slip on her white air forces. "you ready?" I asked standing up.

 

"Wait." she said examining me. She held out her hands and looked down my body. "What did I tell you about wearing baggy shirts. You look so good in tighter clothes."

 

"You don't like my 'friends' shirt?" I asked pouting. She stuck her tongue out in a playful way.

 

"You look like billie eilish." she groaned, turning around and going back into her closet.

 

"she happens to be a very attractive woman." I countered, defending her and myself. I like my big shirt.

 

"Here, wear this." she handed me a shirt that looks a whole size smaller than the one I have on now. I looked down at my shirt, sighing.

 

"Fine." I gave in as I went to take my shirt off but I noticed her staring. I got shy, my face turning red. "Do you mind?" I asked and she smirked.

 

"Yes." she crossed her arms. "Yes I do." she kept her eyes on me. I gulped before lifting my shirt over my head, exposing my bra to her as I avoided eye contact. I put on the shirt she gave me and tried to stretch it down, some of my skin is showing.

 

"Karinaaa." I whined. "this shirt is so-"

 

"Pretty, y. Yes indeed it is. Now let's go!" she grabbed my arm and dragged me out of her room, downstairs. I sighed as she grabbed her keys and we went outside to her car. "don't worry you look great."

 

"Thanks I guess." I said and she squinted her eyes at me. I grinned, putting on my seatbelt.

 

She pulled up to a house, a big one with a bunch of cars in the driveway and on the street. I looked at it, seeing all the lights and people inside.

 

"Are you nervous?" she asked me, grabbing my hand. I looked over at her, nodding.

 

"Yes, actually." I admitted. She kissed my knuckles, shaking her head.

 

"Don't be. Let's go." she said excitedly.

 

We walked inside, my ears immediately being filled with the loud music. My nose also being filled with the smell of alcohol and smoke. Oh no.

 

Karina pulled me into the kitchen, filling up a cup with beer from a keg. She handed it to me but I declined.

 

"Oh, right. You're Winter." she chuckled and took the drink for herself. I think we both noticed Soobin at the same time in the kitchen, talking with friends. He looked over and stared at Karina. Eww, back off. You had your shot.

 

"Come on." she dragged me into the living room where the music was louder and people were dancing. I tried to ignore the people making out on the couch. Oh, lovely.

 

She sipped her drink quickly, starting to dance. I just stand there, watching her. "Come on party pooper, dance." she nudged me, dancing even harder. Her hair flopping everywhere, boy it does have a mind of its own.

 

I started to get the rhythm of the music as I dance with her, singing the song that's also playing since I know it. I looked around more, seeing kids from school but also some that I've never seen before. This kid is really popular.

 

After Karina and I went back and forth, her grabbing more beers each time from the kitchen, it was already getting late. She drank about 4 or 5 cups and her dancing got more sloppier. I didn't want this to happen.

 

"Karina?" I called, getting closer to her. She stopped and stumbled into me, almost knocking us both down. "You've drank a lot." I told her. She drove me here, and I thought she would drive me home too.

 

"I know." she hiccupped. "Y-you want some?" she stuttered, guiding the beer towards my face. I took a whiff of it and it smells disgusting. No way.

 

"No, I'm good. I think you should-" I was interrupted by someone bumping into Karina, making her stumble and spill her drink all over me. I raised my arms, looking down at myself, just great.

 

"Oh my gosh I'm s-so sorry." she said throwing her cup to the side. I shook my head, seeing that Soobin was the one that bumped into her. He gave Karina a smile and I cringed, feeling how soaked I am.

 

"I will be back." I told her, trying to find my way up to the stairs and going into the bathroom. Thank god it's empty. I took a towel and dry myself, smelling my shirt. Well, Karina's shirt. I'll wash it for her but now I'm uncomfortable.

 

I took the shirt off and fan it in the air, trying to get it to dry a little. I slipped it back on and see that did basically nothing. I sighed, opening the door before exiting the bathroom.

 

I went back downstairs, trying to find Karina. I went to the kitchen first and I don't see her. I don't see Soobin either.

 

"Ah." I made a small noise as I bumped into someone, not watching where I was going. I looked up and was met with an angry Mia. Oh, of course she's here. "Sorry." I mumbled.

 

"Sure you are." she smirked, taking a sip of whatever is it in her cup. Then she took a hit from her cigarette. That's gross.

 

"You're killing yourself with that, ya know?" I said, crossing my arms. She raised her eyebrows, looking at the gross stick of death.

 

"It's a party, what else am I supposed to do?" she shrugged, taking another inhale of it. "Speaking of what people are supposed to do. Why don't you go in the living room and have a look around." she said and my gut has a bad feeling. Something isn't right. What is she planning.

 

I turned around and walked to the living room. Did she plan for people to pour stuff on my head? Cuss me out? Get beat up or something?

 

As I squeezed between people and looked around, I noticed no ones looking at me. Was Mia just messing with me? I turned to the couches, seeing a bunch of people making out like before. But now there is a new pair.

 

My eyes widened as I looked at who that new pair is. Karina and Soobin. My heart started to sting as I feel I can't look at them anymore. They are making out sloppily and Soobin's hands are on her . She lied to me. She does miss Soobin. She still loves him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter