Ch 14: Crestfallen

Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The sun’s out, and Taeyeon and Tiffany found themselves enjoying the day with some of their common friends in Gangwon-do. Spending the day golfing with a few drinks later was just some of the things that they did to kill time.

 

 

The new country club sparked Taeyeon’s interest when Kibum told her that the place was ideal for some renovations considering the landscape. Not to mention that she enjoyed playing golf during her free time. Why not bring Tiffany and some of her friends, right? That and the idea of buying the place didn’t sound so bad.

 

 

“I swear to god I’m going to quit playing soon.” Sooyoung exasperatedly says.

 

 

Taeyeon chuckles. “Why? I thought you enjoyed playing?”

 

 

“I enjoy it, but when I see the scores, I just don’t think I’m getting any better.”

 

 

“It just takes practice, Soo. You can’t give up now. We’ve been playing for what, two months now?”

 

 

“Taeyeon, I’m an actress. I’m supposed to pose and play prettily. What would people even think if I can’t even swing this stupid stick?”

 

 

“First of all, that’s a putter you are holding. Second, who cares about that? You’re supposed to have fun! Screw those people.”

 

 

“Ugh, I should’ve started playing in 8th grade, don’t you think? But I’m worried it may affect my height. Look at you.”

 

 

“Yah!”

 

 

The group laughs.

 

 

Tiffany watches Sooyoung and Taeyeon’s banters. She’s amused at how Taeyeon had quickly adjusted to her friend’s personality. At first, Sooyoung and Sunmi were quite reserved in their actions towards Taeyeon. Still, after a while, they found that the girl had a laid-back personality which was far from the usual strict persona people had painted.

 

 

Who knew Sooyoung would be able to diss Taeyeon’s height comfortably?

 

 

Tiffany laughs at the thought.

 

 

“Aha!” Taeyeon shouts after successfully scoring again. It took her only three .

 

 

She stands beside Tiffany, who is slow clapping. “You saw that, right?” Taeyeon asks and kisses her cheek.

 

 

Tiffany smiles. “Of course, Miss Kim.”

 

 

Taeyeon puts her hand on Tiffany’s waist. “Shouldn’t I have a reward, Miss Young?”

 

 

“Hmm, it depends on which hole you’re gonna get it through this time,” Tiffany whispers in her ear.

 

 

She pulls Tiffany closer. “Well, that’s kinda y. Where do you suggest we do it?”

 

 

“I -”

 

 

“Enough!”

 

 

Yuri shouts this time. The couple chuckles and turns around to see Yuri standing behind them. Tiffany gives the girl a smile, not even bothered if she and Taeyeon were heard talking dirty.

 

 

“Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” Taeyeon teases her best friend. “Or did you wake up with the wrong person?”

 

 

Yuri huffs as she gets off the golf cart she's leaning at. She high five’s Taeyeon’s waiting hand and Kibum’s.

 

 

“Sooyoung, can you hit Taeyeon’s head with that golf club. I’ll make sure you don’t get sued.”

 

 

“Oh c’mon! How can you do this to your favorite client?” Taeyeon protests.

 

 

“Stop annoying her, Taetae,” Tiffany says, and Yuri lightly chuckles at the designer’s remark.

 

 

“Oh, I’d gladly do so, Yul, if you would also cover me if I beat Tiffany up.”

 

 

Tiffany rolls her eyes. “This is really testing my patience.”

 

 

“Try me .” Sooyoung taunts Tiffany.

 

 

“You know I -”

 

 

“Ladies!” Kibum cuts them off. “There will be no catfights for today. May I suggest that we watch Taeyeon and Yuri hit each other instead? Two childhood best friends, one’s a politician while the other is her lawyer. Sounds fun, right?”

 

 

The group makes some noise and whistles for the two.

 

 

“Just because Taeng is an assemblyman doesn’t mean I won’t hurt that pretty face. Is that okay with you, Tiffany?”

 

 

“Why are you asking her permission?! It’s my face!”

 

 

“Just because Tiffany might dump you after this.”

 

 

“Honey, please make her stop.” Taeyeon pouts, asking for her girlfriend’s help.

 

 

“It’s fine, Yul.” she looked at Taeyeon, and the latter was still sulking. She pats Taeyeon’s head, saying, “Try not to get beaten up, Honey. If you don’t want to sleep on the couch.”

 

 

“This is ridiculous!”

 

 

“Now, Yuri, go easy on that shorty,” Sooyoung suggests.

 

 

“Nah, Taeyeon and I had our fair share of fights during college,” Yuri says and throws her arms around Taeyeon. “It’s mostly because of women, though.”

 

 

Taeyeon quickly moves to cover Tiffany’s ears shoving Yuri aside.

 

 

The group amusingly watches as the usually composed Taeyeon rushes to Tiffany, who has a shocked and pissed expression.

 

 

“Just how many women did you sleep with, Kim Taeyeon?!” the designer yells, making everyone flinch with the loud voice but still having fun watching the couple fight.

 

 

“Kwon Yuri!” Taeyeon yells.

 

 

“Nuh-uh, you stay right where I can see you, Taeyeon! I suppose Yuri must’ve beaten you a lot?! Player!”

 

 

Tiffany first met Yuri during a lunch meeting with Taeyeon during the signing of contracts involving Amare and Kim Holdings. If there were someone who knew Taeyeon other than her parents, it would be Yuri who grew up with her since high school. As Taeyeon would call it, she trusted Yuri with her life.

 

 

That’s how close they were.

 

 

They met Kibum and Sunny during college at Princeton University. Just a bunch of rich Korean kids who were sent to study abroad and manage businesses or be politically active in Taeyeon’s case. She actually knew how it felt to study overseas as she was enrolled in the University of the Arts in London, specifically in London College of Fashion. It was tough as hell being Asian, so it was a matter of good grades and beauty.

 

 

“Fany, that was years ago. You can’t possibly hold it against me.” Taeyeon reasons out.

 

 

“Oh, I won’t, Honey. But Yuri can hit you, and I wouldn’t mind if it isn’t just in your face.”

 

 

“I’ll take your recommendation, Tiffany. It may just help me blow off some steam.”

 

 

“I am not going to be your punching bag, just because some girl dumped you.”

 

 

“She didn’t dump me! It just didn’t work out.”

 

 

“Then why are we having this conversation?” Sooyoung lazily asks.

 

 

“Pfft.” Yuri slumps back on the long table.

 

 

They’ve finally reached the lounge area, and the teasings were still coming. The sun had just set, and the warmth embraced them. They settled themselves, and Kibum volunteered to place the orders for the group. Taeyeon sat beside Tiffany, earning a giggle from the latter when she kissed her cheek for the nth time that day.

 

 

The two didn’t mind being showy in front of their friends, plus the area they were currently in was rather exclusive to them, along with Taeyeon’s personal security.

 

 

“I should’ve actually listened to Taeyeon here. She was right since from the start.”

 

 

“Of course, I’m always right.”

 

 

Yuri dismisses the remark and continues. “I should’ve seen it coming and steered away.”

 

 

Tiffany was curious as to what happened since Yuri was always one of the loudest among the group, and seeing her like this must’ve meant that the girl was hurt about the break-up or whatever it was that happened between them.

 

 

“Wait, what really happened?” Kibum asks, and Tiffany is thankful for that because she doesn’t want to impose.

 

 

After all, she wasn’t really that close with them yet.

 

 

“I thought t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter