Ch 13: Boundaries

Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Tiffany POV:

 

 

The sun was out, and I had the luxury to lounge and check out one of the town’s cafes. Good thing I found a good spot near one of my newly built pop-up stores that have been the talk of the city or the country rather.

 

 

I guess I could safely say that thanks to the checks rolling on my table. What else could a girl ever wish for?

 

 

Money.

 

 

Fame.

 

 

Beauty.

 

 

And a hot girlfriend.

 

 

Who I’m currently waiting for.

 

 

Taeyeon.

 

 

Kim Taeyeon.

 

 

The name perfectly rolls in my tongue every time I say it out loud. Recently, Taeyeon and I celebrated our five months of being together. I usually don’t track dates, but I realized that it really goes by fast if you’re spending too much time with the right people. You could say that I am pretty much delighted to have reached that mark with her. I never actually thought that I would be meeting someone as good as her.

 

 

Taeyeon.

 

 

She’s everything that I didn’t imagine, even in my wildest dreams. She was more than a pretty face, and her mind is extraordinary that there are days that I could just watch her in awe while watching her live on television giving some sort of speech or presiding a meeting. But by the end of the day, she comes back to me as the funny and straightforward person that I met in The Crown a couple of months ago.

 

 

Her usual flirty self that never fails to make me smile or making me caught off guard, her ability to drop everything she’s doing every time I tell her I’m not well. She’s such an angel, and I admit being whipped to her.

 

 

There were times that there were small arguments, but nothing major had ever really hit us. It mainly consisted of her being annoyed when appointments were running late or that I had to cancel our dinner due to working overtime. Taeyeon is pretty strict when it comes to time. If she said that she’d be there at 7 AM, expect her to be in front of my house even earlier than 7.

 

 

Sometimes it’ll be me getting pissed when every time she has something childish up her sleeve. This includes her doodling some random characters on my sketchbook that I would later find out randomly tucked on some final designs. At first, I was annoyed, but with time I figured it was a cute habit when I started looking forward to these drawings and other cute notes that came with it.

 

 

Sooyoung and Sunmi have met her a couple of times, and every time they do so, they still can’t believe that I am dating someone who could be the next President of this country anytime soon. Although Taeyeon has told me numerous times that she didn’t plan on running for a higher position, I could always see in her eyes how much she enjoyed doing her job, no matter how tiring it was. I always try not to talk about anything political with her, just like how she doesn’t meddle with the fashion shows and interviews I do almost every day.

 

 

I remember one conversation with Sooyoung and Sunmi about how the two of us can keep up with each other’s schedules.

 

 

“You’re both busy. How is it possible that you guys are still together? Because if it were me, I’d dump your immediately.” Sooyoung asks.

 

 

“I guess we just understand each other that well.”

 

 

“Figures. She’s not like you, Soo. But what about those rumors of her running for the next elections? Is that true?” Sunmi pries.

 

 

I shrug my shoulders. “I wouldn’t know. She’s always telling me that she wanted to hold a much less stressful position. Sadly, being President or Prime Minister doesn’t give you those incentives.”

 

 

“Oh damn it. I thought it’s going to give me free Blue House pass soon.”

 

 

“So much for betting 100,000 won, Soo. Give my money. Our friend won’t be First Lady anytime soon.”

 

 

“You guys bet on it?! I cannot believe this even for a second!”

 

 

“Oh, come on. It’s just harmless fun, Tiff. Besides, we haven’t seen you in a while, and we’ve almost thought that you have abandoned us, thanks to the headlines saying your ‘best friend’ is now Kim Taeyeon.”

 

 

“They can’t really prove that recent photograph, so it’s just groundless rumors. Besides, we’ve both released statements saying how stupid it was to find the two of us in some bar getting cozy.”

 

 

“I’m ready to punch reporters or paparazzi anytime. They’ve been giving me a hard time ever since. I’m glad you and Taeyeon are handling it well.”

 

 

“She’s extraordinary. Just one of the many things I love about her.” she winks and lets Sunmi and Sooyoung about being deeply in love all day.

 

 

I laugh, remembering the rumor that Taeyeon and I were allegedly seen kissing in a bar in Gangnam. The photo was poor in quality, but I am pretty sure that it was Taeyeon and me. The catch, however, was that we weren’t kissing.

 

 

It was a usual night where Taeyeon and I decided to have some drinks after a long day. We also met with Kibum that day, who joined us for some disco. We were drunk, of course, and Taeyeon was clinging to me as usual, and the photo was taken at a wrong angle, making it look like Taeyeon was kissing me. Luck just wasn’t there that night when we thought it was private enough for us. It’s a good thing Taeyeon had a couple of her trusted security to control the area.

 

 

Funny, we’ve been seen for a couple of times now, and no major news outbreak was seen on the news. Taeyeon’s parents were right when they said we didn’t have to worry about anything. Along with Jaehyuk Samchon’s words.

 

 

This also includes me, who’s not getting caught in any scandalous headlines back in Europe or the US. It’s incredible how different connections with the right people can make us feel safe.

 

 

There isn’t anything hateful that I could say about Taeyeon except that she’s been doing what she promised all along—loving me, teaching me to be a better person, and helping me move forward to somewhere that does not involve a toxic relationship.

 

 

She saved me.

 

 

The sunlight is coming down. Hence, I looked around, and I checked my watch to see it was already half-past five. As I’ve said, Taeyeon does not like being late. She called my office earlier telling me that I should wait in this cafe, wear something comfortable, which means no sundresses.

 

 

I followed, not asking many questions.

 

 

But she’s running late.

 

 

And Taeyeon is never late.

 

 

If she were, she’d give me a heads up earlier that she could be late in case of traffic.

 

 

But none.

 

 

Niente.

 

 

But just before I decided to run back to Amare to call her office, a loud thunder of a motorcycle engine came right from the corner of my eye, speeding exactly where I was standing. I had to move a couple of steps backward in case it may hit me or cause an obstruction for the driver.

 

 

Moving to walk away, the person riding on the flashy Harley Davidson motorcycle grips on my wrists, causing me to panic. I’ve heard enough abduction stories of famous people, and there is no way I am going to be murdered here.

 

 

I was about to scream when I finally saw who was underneath the black helmet. Pushing up the visor, I could immediately identify who own

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter