Ch 23: Moon & Stars

Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon POV:

 

 

 

I sat there, my eyes not wanting to miss any moment with her. I can’t shake the feeling that this was all an illusion, a fake scenario that my head was trying to show me to appease the loneliness I felt without her by my side.

 

 

 

But I learned.

 

 

 

I didn’t want to waste my time not bearing the most genuine forms of my emotions. Days and days, I’ve put myself through hell by thinking that Tiffany already belonged to someone else now.

 

 

 

It hurts not knowing the truth.But it killed me more every day not to have her by my side.

 

 

 

I sense her looking at me. Tiffany felt shy. I’ve been around many people to know what they felt towards me. It’s stressing me out that even if I try to think that I’ve known her best among everyone else, she still makes it so hard for me to read her thoughts.

 

 

 

Tiffany.

 

 

 

God, I’d cross oceans for you.

 

 

 

After everything I’ve done, I still don’t think that I deserve such an angel like her. It was quite a miracle when she didn’t storm out when she saw me take a seat. Even with all the silliness I’ve done.

 

 

 

I saw the fire in her eyes when the words slipped out of my mouth when I told her we were having dinner together. It has always been a bit surreal to feel Tiffany’s presence.

 

 

 

“Why are you suddenly so quiet?” For the first time, I hear her start a conversation.

 

 

 

“Nothing. Just finding the right words, I guess?”

 

 

 

Nodding, she takes another spoonful of soup. Her eyes wandered around the room, admiring it.

 

 

 

I wonder if I was still worth your admiration.

 

 

 

I ought to know somehow.

 

 

 

There should be a schedule, a detailed plan to be exact. But with the unpredictability of life, I decided to take whatever chances Tiffany was willing to give me. That and the unpredictable rain that came earlier. It almost ruined tonight’s agenda.

 

 

 

“Taeyeon…”

 

 

 

How should I even ask her out for brunch tomorrow, would she even like that?

 

 

 

“Taeyeon…”

 

 

 

I do miss it when she calls me by my name; hold on. Was she-

 

 

 

“Taeyeon!”

 

 

 

I jumped in my seat, and Tiffany had that irritated look on her face.

 

 

 

“What?” I was suddenly lost.

 

 

 

Her gaze softens, “I asked if you wanted anything for dessert.”

 

 

 

“Oh.”

 

 

 

Desse- what? Is she offering me food? I try to hide my smile; heck, I could even do three backflips if I could right now. But no, that isn’t in the scope of my abilities.

 

 

 

“So?” Tiffany asks again.

 

 

 

, I can’t stop looking at her,

 

 

 

“I… uh, I was hoping we could still walk around and find some cafe nearby?” I wasn’t sure if I had disappointed her. Again, Tiffany makes it hard for me to read her. And yes, she makes it really difficult for me to talk coherently with that beautiful face of hers.

 

 

 

“Is that okay?” I asked when silence enveloped us.

 

 

 

“Uhm… yeah, sure,” Tiffany responded, her eyes not meeting mine.

 

 

 

“Great! Do you have anything specific in mind?”

 

 

 

She ing said yes!

 

 

 

“Not really. It’s been a long day, and it’s been a while since I’ve been here in Turin. How about you? You seem to know a lot of places here in Italy.”

 

 

 

There was a hint of sarcasm on it. I knew Tiffany was going to be suspicious of me being here in Europe. I sigh, not wanting to get in an argument with her. It can’t be good to start pissing her off.

 

 

 

I laugh nervously, “Definitely not. As far as I’m concerned, I’m still considered a tourist. I was actually hoping you could teach me a thing or two about this place.”

 

 

 

“I’m not a tour guide, Miss Kim. And even if I was, what makes you think that I would do the honors of showing you around?”

 

 

 

I knew that Tiffany would make it difficult for me to sway her. Calling me Miss Kim again was her way of showing boundaries. However, I am so bent on showing her that there’s no way she will scare or push me away this time.

 

 

 

This is my second chance. I am not going anywhere until I find my answers.

 

 

 

“Well, if you put it that way, I think I may just have to convince you otherwise. I’m great company, and I’m a fast learner and coffee! You love coffee, right? I’d make sure you’d be in the most comfortable situation.” I pause, hoping to convey my sincerity. “I won’t get on your nerves this time, I swear on that.”

 

 

 

Tiffany was skeptical about it. Of course, she would be. Your ex wanting to spend time with you doesn’t really sound too good. I didn’t travel halfway around the world just to push her away. Just a little persistence would do well.

 

 

 

Her lips curve into a small smile. Tiffany nods in agreement, and the joy in my face can't be hidden.

 

 

 

The band was closing in on their final piece while the raindrops finally came to an end. I could hear the faint laughter of the people gathering outside, celebrating the cool roman breeze after the rain. Though I came here somehow drenched in sweat, worry, or even with the bit of luck of crossing paths and sharing a bottle of wine with the person I adored the most;

 

 

 

“Alright, I guess I’ll be seeing you again, Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

Words.

 

 

 

It could heal the bandaged wounds in me, or perhaps on hers too. There’s no more significant reason for me not to want the life I had with Tiffany back. They say chase your dreams, the ones that could make you the happiest. Was it euphoria?

 

 

 

I will continue chasing for Tiffany to have her in my arms again.

 

This time I cannot offer anything but the moon, stars, and my heart.

 

 

 

Should she break it or not, may our fates find another lifetime to collide again.

 

 

_____________________________

 

Heechul crashes on the vacant seat, his shoulder-length hair disheveled from his lack of sleep. Tiffany notices the dark circles under his eyes and chuckles.

 

 

 

“What happened to you?”

 

 

 

He yawns, “Late night… sketches, editorials, and-” he stifles another yawn coming, “I didn’t know finding a reputable construction company is hard considering Italy is all about the good architecture!”

 

 

 

“Is that your way of saying I’m giving you a tough time with all the shoots were having?” Tiffany eyes him while sipping on her coffee.

 

 

 

“No, I’ll say it directly on your face. We have a gazillion things to do, but here you are, all Mary Poppins, buying everyone coffee, and what’s this, “Heechul grabs the pastry in front of him, “Butter croissant?”

 

 

 

“Hey, you love that! You guys complain a lot about me being so strict. I buy meals for everyone, and you’re suddenly mad about it?”

 

 

 

“Nuh-uh. That’s not how it works, Tiff. But I guess whatever makes you happy, right?”

 

 

 

Tiffany knew what he meant. She rolls her eyes at him and continues with her sketches. “I won’t buy you another meal. Go ask Bora for free lunches.”

 

 

 

The man laughs, “So it’s HellFany now? Cazzo, I’m just too stressed right now. Guess I’m just jealous you’re too lightheaded with everything in your hands these days.”

 

 

 

“What’s troubling you, anyway?” Tiffany asks.

 

 

 

“Well, aside from all the work here at Amare, I’ve been trying to find a contractor to renovate my apartment. Which turns out to be a pain the .”

 

 

 

She puts down her pencil, crossing her arms, “A contractor? Weren’t you the one who recommended Alex Lee? You could just call him.”

 

 

 

“It’s just a small-scale project. I don’t think it’s necessary for me to splurge on it.”

 

 

 

“I’m sure Taeyeon could refer you to another one.” Tiffany nonchalan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter