Chapter 9: Vanilla

Talk To Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Joohyun was holding Seulgi up, blushing from the smile she just received. The two of them were just gazing at each other, it felt like time slowed down. This is the closest they have ever been (conscious lol). Seulgi took this opportunity to study Joohyun’s face. Seulgi starts at Irene’s chin moving up to her lips, she smiles as she notices a little mole on her face. She then moves up to her beautifully sculpted nose then to her eyes. Irene’s eyes are very dark especially in contrast to her fair skin. Her eyes are so enthralling that Seulgi starts to lose sense of her surroundings. She likens her eyes to a black hole, mysterious, intriguing, powerful – scary… but even so she wouldn’t mind getting pulled in and devoured by the rarity that is Bae Joohyun. She snaps out of her trance when she felt something soft and gentle on her skin. She watches Joohyun wipe the blood off her nose. She looks up and locks eyes with Irene.

 

“Are you guys going to kiss now?”

 

Joohyun realizes how close they are then her brain finally processes what Yeri just said. Her body starts to heat up, her neck and face reddens. She panics and let go of Seulgi. She starts waving her arms around like she was making snow angels. Seulgi falls back on the floor at the sudden gesture of Joohyun. Yeri also falls on the floor, laughing and wheezing at the 2 idiots in front of her.

 

“Ouch!” Seulgi grunts and starts to soothe her head but she notices Irene freaking out. She sends her a warm smile to let her know she’s okay.

 

“Ahh…. I’m so sorry… I didn’t mean to… I’m really, really sorry.” Irene says frantically while bowing multiple times. Seulgi starts shaking her head and slaps herself to get herself focused. She suddenly remembered she was running away from someone. She squeals, this gets the attention of the two girls.

 

“Eh? What’s wrong Seulgi eonnie?” Yeri ask curiously. But Seulgi can’t find the words to answer, for two reasons, first she is starting to panic because of who was chasing them and the second reason is because Joohyun is just looking at her with the cutest face.

 

“Uh… uhm…” But just as she was struggling, she started to hear the foot steps coming closer. “AHH!... CULT!!!” she shrieks. The two girls just stare at her with confusion. Seulgi then gets up and starts shaking like a cute shivering bear cub.

 

‘Cult? What is she talking about… cult… cult… Oh shii-!’ Irene said in her head. She then picks up on what Seulgi was saying. She quickly grabs Yeri and Seulgi’s hands and drags them to a hallway on the right side of the staircase. She looks to the left and right.

 

‘Come on Joohyun think think, where should we hide. THERE!’ she talks to herself. Yeri is giggling while being dragged.

 

“Are you still alive in there? Is this the first-time you guys held hands?” Yeri asks Seulgi while poking Seulgi’s arm. She doesn’t answer. Joohyun let go of Seulgi’s hand, the latter immediately pouts at that.

 

“Here! We’ll hide here” Irene opens the door to the janitor’s closet. She continues to hold Yeri’s hand as she leads them inside. Yeri notices the mopey bear cub just standing and pulls her inside as well. The closet was pretty small so they were shuffling around inside trying to fit in without stepping on each other. It was dark inside; they weren’t able to find the switch. They do their best to keep quiet ‘cos they start hearing footsteps just outside the closet.

 

“Are you sure they went this way?” they hear a girl say.

 

The 3 girls in the closet are trying really hard not to move even though it was so cramp inside. Seulgi was trying to listen to the voices outside. She leaned forward and felt that someone was in front of her. Then she starts smelling warm vanilla as she breathes in. She stiffens remembering who has that scent. She starts feeling the warmth of the body in front of her, the more she thinks about the smell that is currently attacking her senses the more she starts feeling dazed. She leans in further at the warm body in front of her and just as she did the closet lights up all of a sudden.

 

“WAAAHHH!!!!” Yeri screams.

 

“KYAAAHHHH… WHAT ARE YOU DOING??” Irene screams as well.

 

Both Yeri and Irene slaps Seulgi. Yeri opens the door immediately and runs to hug Joohyun the moment the older steps out of the closet. The two are just staring at Seulgi now. Yeri moves forward to confront Seulgi.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter