Chapter 13: Love-Shot; Love-Sick

Talk To Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

9:30pm

Seulgi Bear’s Room

 

 

It’s been a few minutes since Bae Joohyun entered Seulgi’s room. The bear has been drooling for a good minute or so. She’s trying to save this image of Irene in her head, making sure she got every detail right. From her messy hair, cute Dumbo-like ears and to her flushed cheeks. ‘She doesn’t even try to be pretty… so pretty standing here, in my room… MY ROOM!!!’ she panics as she realizes how messy her room is. ‘Fudge, fudge… my uniform is on the floor… C’mon Seulgi just put it in the laundry basket casually…’ Before she could even take one step, Joohyun starts speaking.

 

“Well? Who was that girl talking?” Irene says while crossing her arms.

 

“Ezzcuzzi?” Seulgi squints in confusion. Joohyun raises her right eyebrow and glares at Seulgi some more.

 

“Well, hello there! I didn’t know we had visitors.” Seulgi’s dad says as he passed by her room. Chanyeol and Joohyun face him and bow. “Seulgi-bear! Have you introduced them to your first love? Hehe” He can’t stop chuckling. “OH! Not yet Appa!” Seulgi says with a toothy smile. “Your mom said there’s pudding downstairs.” He leaves the three alone. Seulgi excitedly walks toward Joohyun and grabs her left arm. But Joohyun dramatically (lol) pulls her arm away. The unhappy bunny hides behind the iron giant.

 

Silence.

 

Chanyeol looks at Seulgi, she looks confused, sad and seems to be thinking really hard. He then looks at the little Joohyun gripping his jacket. She looks hurt, her eyes are glossing up again. She seems scared. Chanyeol sighs and rubs his nape.

 

“Seulgi…” Seulgi snaps out of her thoughts. “What did your dad mean by “first love” ...?” He felt Irene’s grip tighten. Seulgi’s eyes started sparkling again. She moves fast near her TV.

 

“TA-DAH!!!!” She animatedly waves her hand around. “MY PS5!!!” Her eyes become crescents; her happy energy fills the gloomy room.

 

“I worked TWO part-time jobs last summer so I could save up and buy her!!! Um… actually my money wasn’t enough but eomma paid for the rest of the missing amount…” she mumbled the last part really fast. “I worked really hard for this” she says proudly.

 

“WAIT… wait, your first love is that PS5?” Chanyeol can barely keep his laughter in. “WELL THEN! WHO WAS THE GIRL TALKING?!?” His eyes widen with curiosity.

 

“Girl? What girl??” She scratches her head. “I’m the only one in my room… hmm. OH, maybe it’s the Valkyrie!” She points to her TV. “I just defeated the third Valkyrie, she was saying thanks and stuff.” She smiles cutely. Chanyeol is out now. On the floor laughing-crying, he can’t even breathe anymore. He gets up and steps out of Seulgi’s room and starts hitting the door frame.

 

“But… but when we entered your room, you had that look of shock… and you couldn’t even speak, you looked so guilty. You just stared at me…” Joohyun says all pouty. Seulgi starts getting red and embarrassed. She pulls on her pajamas then rubs her nape.

 

“Err… um Joo-Joohyun you look… really, really hot right now…” Seulgi admits shyly and starts covering her face.

 

“Eh…?” Joohyun turns to her friend with open. Chanyeol laughs even harder at Irene’s confused as face. The giant is heaving now, he can’t contain his laughter and ended up pushing his friend quite strongly. Joohyun stumbles forward, Seulgi immediately runs forward. (BOING!) the two girls slam into each other. They look at each other and just start blushing uncontrollably. They start gazing into each other’s eyes but Chanyeol’s outburst of laughter is just ruining the mood.

 

“YAH! You stay outside!” Joohyun says while pulling his ear. Chanyeol’s phone rings. Irene immediately grabs it and checks who the caller is. “It’s your girlfriend! Go, go answer.” She says with a grin. Chanyeol looks uneasy “Aisshh…” He walks into the hallway and answers. While all of that was happening Seulgi was quickly BUT quietly picking up her uniform. She was so close to the laundry bin when she heard the cutest thing ever.

 

“Seulgi-ya” Joohyun says with her baby voice. Seulgi drops her clothes and faces the person behind her. The cutest pouty bunny was looking at her with arms stretched out. Her feet move fast, she hugs Joohyun tightly. ‘She looks so smol… MUST PROTECT bunny.’ She thinks. They stay like this for a few minutes, swaying a bit. Chanyeol enters the room.

 

“Mm… sorry to break up the bear-bunny lovefest but Joohyun we should go home now. Your dad texted me already.” Joohyun nods and pinches Seulgi’s cheek.

 

“Good night Seulgi.” She flashes her, her most charming smile. Seulgi freezes.

 

“Night Seulgi!”

 

The two visitors step out of the room. Chanyeol heads down the stairs first. Joohyun was about to go down when she felt someone grab her hand. She looks back, then her surrounding suddenly turns dark. When she resurfaces from the darkness, she sees Seulgi’s face, an inch away from her. Her face heats up, she observes the younger girl’s face. She had a worried look. Seulgi had clothed her with her hoody. A mustard-yellow hoody with a little bear logo on the left.

 

“It’s been really cold lately, especially during night time. Joohyun, you should keep yourself warm, you might catch a cold.” Joohyun smiles, she was about to tease the bear when she felt something soft on her cheek. Seulgi kissed her.

 

“Good night, Joohyunnie! I’ll see you tomorrow.” Seulgi says endearingly.

 

Chanyeol looks back and witnesses the two love bugs. He smiles. His friend is frozen. “Ya Joohyun, move it.” He chuckles. She doesn’t move. “Uncle? Yes, I’m with Hyunnie, she’s currently trying to kiss a girl…” He feels a sudden pull on his ears. “YAH! LET’S GO!”. He is dragged out of the door by a tiny bunny. He looks at Seulgi and smiles. He gives her a thumbs up. “Night-night Seulgi!”

 

 

6:30am

Kangs’ Home

 

 

Seulgi walks out of her house, she locks the gate. Her two friends are waiting for her.

 

“Why are you wearing a sports attire?” Wendy asks.

 

“Good morning! I have a club I want to join. I figured it would be better to try out with the proper attire.”

 

“YAAAWWWN…. Dedicated bear.” Baekhyun yawns, too sleepy to talk.

 

The three idiots walk to school.

 

 

9:35am

Recess time

3rd year student’s activity room

 

 

“Yerimie, come on! Tell your classmates to vote for me.” Suho pleads.

 

“Hyung, I’m busy helping Taeyeon eonnie.”

 

“Is she more important than me??” Suho says with a pout.

 

“YES”

 

“HAHAHAHA- she got you there Suho!” Chanyeol is enjoying this. “Junmyeon! Why do you call her Yerimie? Her name is Katy…”

 

“Yeri and Katy are both my names.” Yeri says with a devilish smile.

 

“Eh? No! Your name is Kim Yerim. That’s it! hahaha I am so going to tell your parents.”

 

“FINE FINE! I’ll tell my classmates to vote for you! Yeri says grudgingly, then pinches Suho’s side.

 

“Hey sorry I took a while. So many people are talking to me…” Joohyun says trying to enter the room without dropping all the flowers, chocolates and presents she had just received. Chanyeol gets up and helps her. “OHHHH can I have this Hyunnie? I love this chocolate.” Joohyun nods.

 

“You guys can have it; I don’t really know what to do with them.” Chanyeol and Yeri start scavenging for tasty stuff.

 

“Well, you guys have fun I’m going to go and place some posters.” Suho says while gathering some posters.

 

“Relax Suho! You literally don’t even have any competition.” Chanyeol says. Suho just waves him off and heads out into the hallway. He walks all the way to the second floor of the building. He walks over to the drinking fountain.

 

“This looks like a perfect spot for a poster!” He smiles and starts placing his poster on the wall. “Definitely”

 

“You’re right this is a good spot” A deep voice says. The boy walks past him and sticks a poster right next to his. Suho can only watch in bafflement. The boy then stands next to him and his chin. “Looks great! Thanks!”

 

“Oh, Sehun… Vice president…” Suho reads in disbelief.

 

“That’s right! That’s my name, Oh Sehun… Don’t forget.” He winks at Suho and pats his shoulder as he walks away.

 

On the other side of the second floor.

 

“WHAT?? Sehun is running for VP???” Wendy shrieks.

 

“Is that why he was missing yesterday? Seulgi says as she scans the poster. “He looks good tho.”

 

“HAHAHA I don’t think his grades are good enough though.” Baekhyun laughs.

 

“Hey Baekhyun, you know Chanyeol hyung was in my house last night...”

 

“WHAT?? Why di

Please log in to read the full chapter