Chapter 3: Smirk

Talk To Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

After Lunch

Class 2-A

 

Seulgi sat in her chair very frustrated. Her seat is in the middle row right next to the window. In the very front of her column sat Wendy. Her friend is very active in class. Wendy raises her hand every 5 minutes or so. The teacher can barely move forward with the lesson when she is bombarded with questions by Son Seungwan. Seulgi does her best to isolate the sound and concentrate on important matters, Bae Joohyun. ‘I doubt she’s actually human. I mean she is the epitome of perfection. Perfect face, perfect eyes, perfect hair, perfect body, perfect height, perfect nose – I bet her boogers are perfect too.’ She sighs while day dreaming about that beautiful person. Classes for the first day of school has finally ended. Seulgi packs her stuff as quick as she can and heads out into the hallway.

 

4:02pm

 

“Seulgi! Seulgi! Seulgi-ya!!! Wait for me!” Wendy yells while running after her friend. “Are you going home already Seulgi?”

 

“Yeah! I HAVE to play God of War now.”

 

“Hey don’t go home yet! Let’s hangout come on. I mean you’re a new student here. Lemme tour you around school.”

 

“I don’t want to tour the school, that’s so lame. Thanks, Wendy but there’s no need for that.”

 

“Really there’s no need for it?? Our first class tomorrow is volleyball, do you know where the volleyball court is huh Seulgi?? What about the library, do you know where that is?? Or the theater? The music room? Art room?? Science lab?!” Wendy asks annoyingly. Seulgi then scratches her head in defeat. She does need to know where these are located.

 

“Ugh fine you annoying chipmunk! Be my tour guide, but make it quick Kratos (God of war) is waiting for me at home.”

 

“YAY! Don’t frown Seulgi-ya this will be fun. If you have any questions about school just ask me, I know everything!” Wendy chirps.

 

“OH! Which way to Bae Joohyun’s heart then?!?” Wendy is not amused by her friend’s stupid question. By this time the hallway is already clear of students. Just when they were about to start moving, they start hearing fast footsteps running towards them.

 

“WENDY EONNIE! WENDY WENDY EONNI!!!” Wendy is immediately tackled to the floor. She is currently being hugged by this tall girl. Seulgi observes this sudden attack, she notices how red her friend is and how she isn’t resisting at all. Her eyes then start to look at the tall girl. She has long black hair with long bangs that’s swept to the side. She has a face of someone elegant and classy – even though it doesn’t match the whole tackling thing that happened. ‘Oh wow her legs are just beautiful, and damn it she’s so tall – I wish I had her height.’ Seulgi is just in awe.

 

“Alright that’s enough huggies! Let Wendy go, we have a tour to do.”

 

“Eonni who is that cute girl? And why is she taking you away from me? You know you look like a skinny grizzly bear”

 

“Excuse me?! I am not a bear! Now let my friend go you oversized chick!” The girl gets up, absolutely annoyed. “What the- YA! You come here right now shortie! Let me show you what my long legs can do! I’ll kick you so hard you’ll be hibernating ‘til Christmas.”

 

“Ezzcuzzi?! I know karate! (Seulgi does her stupid combat stance) Bring it on chickadee!”

 

“Eonni! Do something your friend is a bully!”

 

“No Wendy! Tell your friend to stop, she started this. She called me a bear.” Seulgi pouts. The two girls continue to pester Wendy. Seulgi then notices that her friend has not spoken for a long time now.

 

“Um… uhh…. Erm…..” Wendy struggles to get a word out.

 

“OOOHH I didn’t think it was possible for you to run out of words.” Seulgi says while giggling at how stiff her friend is.

 

“That’s because Wendy eonni has a hard time speaking when I’m around.” The tall girl says with a pout.

 

“I wonder why… Why is that Wendy?” Seulgi asks teasingly with a smug face but her friend is still struggling to get any word out.

 

“Maybe eonni is in love with me?” The tall girl jokes. Wendy is now red as an apple. Her body stiffens, she is now heaving, eyes wide looking at Seulgi in a panic state. The two girls just burst out laughing seeing how Wendy just became a statue.

 

“I’m kidding eonni! Relax already.” She pats Wendy’s head. The tall girl then looks at her watch. “I have to go now! My friend is probably waiting for me already. Hihi bye Wendy eonni! Bye grumpy bear!” She then starts running away now while waving.

 

“Bye Sooyoung…” Wendy says in small voice. She is still flustered but decides to calm herself down and turns to Seulgi.

 

“DON’T! I want to hit your face so bad you stupid bear!”

 

“What?? I didn’t say anything..”

 

“Stop smirking Kang Seulgi!” Wendy says all pouty. “Alrighty! Hihi let’s get going then Ms. Tour guide! We are behind schedule now.”

 

“OKAY LET’S GO!” The two of them starts walking forward. “Now if you look straight ahead you will see that there are stairs there…” the school tour has now started.

 

4:15pm

 

“So this here to our left is the library.. our library is pretty big but it does get full easily especially during exams week. See that guy over there Seulgi?”

 

“Hmm oh yea the doe-eyed boy.”

 

“That’s Kyungsoo but everyone just calls him D.O.. He’s a scholar so he works at the library. He’s pretty quiet and expressionless but still nice nonetheless. OH! But I should warn you not to annoy him… he might give you THE death stare.”

 

“The death stare? What the hell…”

 

“Yeah, he doesn’t speak much, he usually just looks at people. Like if D.O. was a Pokemon his moves would be glare, petrify, paralyze and umm dazzle.” Wendy says confidently.

 

“Dazzle?? Why Dazzle?”

 

“Well, he looks like he was born to dazzle.” Seulgi just nods in confusion.

 

“Let’s move on outside, so I can show you where the volleyball court, swimming pool, basketba

Please log in to read the full chapter