Chapter 5: Sehun's 5th Element

Talk To Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Spring, March

Second Day of School

6:15am

 

It’s a bright sunny day and Seulgi is feeling well rested. She steps out of her house and turns to lock the door. As she was locking the door, she hears someone singing.

 

“Gotta get up, I’ve gotta get going… I’m gonna see a friend of mine…” Seulgi thought the person singing had a very beautiful voice and that they were in a very good mood.

 

“He’s round and he’s fuzzy… I love him because he’s just... POOH BEAR, WINNIE THE POOH BEAR...”

 

“Ah !” Seulgi curses.

 

“Lookin’ for fun, chasin’ some honeybees... Pooh Bear, I know he’s out there...... AH! POOH BEAR! Good morning you!”

 

“It’s too early for this you stupid chipmunk!” Seulgi grumbled while closing the gate.

 

“Well somebody didn’t sleep well..... You don’t have to be so....” Wendy was in the middle of teasing her friend when her friend turned to face her. “EH? hahaha are you sure you want to go to school like that?” Wendy asked while holding in her laughter.

 

“What? I’m wearing our sports uniform just like you.”

 

“Not your clothes silly bear. The bandages (Band-aid) in the middle of your forehead... you really made an “x” out of it huh...”

 

“I didn’t put it like that... my dad did...” she says shyly. “To be honest I don’t remember how I got hurt or how I got home last night.”

 

“HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA-“ Wendy laughs out loud, tears forming from her eyes.

 

“What? What? Why are you laughing?” Seulgi asks very confused. The two girls start walking to school now.

 

“Do you really not remember what happened at the restaurant?”

 

“Mm... well I remember I had a mission... I needed to finish my bibimbap. The goddess gifted me that.”

 

“That wasn’t gifted to you, you paid for that.” Wendy corrects her friend.

 

“But my memory is a little fuzzy about what else transpired.”

 

“Well... do you remember choking? hehe You were so determined to finish that bowl that halfway through it you started choking. AND THEN...” Wendy starts laughing again.

“Irene eonni comes out with a glass of water... but she trips and accidentally throws the water on you...” Seulgi stopped walking. She started to remember what happened.

 

“OH GOD... arrghh that was so embarrassing.” She starts pulling on her ears and her face starts getting red.

 

“I remember clearly what happened now. I was choking and then all of a sudden, I’m wet. Next thing I see is Bae Joohyun wiping my uniform dry...” she blushes at this recollection. “Just as she was drying my uniform, I coughed up the beansprout that was choking me... it landed on her hair...”

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA” Wendy loses it again.

 

“That’s not the worst part...” Wendy listens excitedly. “Soo... I ate a lot of rice, right? And I ate quite fast… so um my tummy started to make noises. You know that gurgling sound - “glurgurglerg”. I was praying hard she wouldn’t hear but omg she paused and started poking and tapping my stomach... ugh and for some weird reason my stomach responded to the poking and gurgled back at Bae Joohyun then she passed out!” Seulgi puts her hand on her face feeling very, very embarrassed. ”WENDY!” She sobs. “How can I face her now?? She must think I have aliens inside me” Wendy is unable to respond because she is currently coughing from all the laughing. She clears .

 

“Do you recall what happened next? ehehe” Seulgi shakes her head.

 

“Well after eonni fainted you panicked and tried to get her up but as you leaned down fast you hit your head on the table really hard and passed out… hahahahah... I swear to God I wanted to help you but when you fell you also farted HAHHAHAHAHA I’m sorry but I lost it then.” Wendy cannot breathe at this point from remembering last night’s fiasco.

 

“OH so that’s how I got this...” Seulgi points to her forehead. “But how did I get home?”

 

“Ahhh your mom came in to buy some food for takeout and she saw you passed out on the floor. Your mom is REALLY REALLY strong! She picked you up and carried you like a sack of flour!” Wendy says with amazement. “Well, that clears everything...” Seulgi sighs.

 

“Uwaaaah Wendy! How am I going to face her in school?”

 

“Don’t worry about it Seulgi-ya, Irene eonnie is very nice plus she may have forgotten since she did pass out as well.” Wendy does her best to comfort her friend.

 

They continued walking to school, laughing about last night. “Haha do you remember you tried buying vowels... HAHAHA eonnie was about to laugh....”

 

6:15am

4 streets away from the Kang’s home

 

“Good morning my y little friend!” Chanyeol says happily. Irene blushes but smacks her friend with her bag.

 

“OW! So violent this early. hehe I’m guessing you remember that part.”

 

“Shut up Chanyeol! It’s too early to deal with your annoying .”

“Well, if you’re going to have this attitude I ain’t sayin’ a word about what happened after you passed out.” He sticks out his tongue.

 

“Arrgh! Fine I’m sorry my lovely friend. Now tell me what happened!!!”

 

“Hehe first of all I can’t believe you were bold enough to actually explore her body like that. You should have seen your face! I was laughing so hard when you realized what you were touching.” Chanyeol waves his arm pretending to hit something. “AND THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE WHEN YOU MADE EYE CONTACT WITH HER.... HAHAHAH PRICELESS” Joohyun pulls Chanyeol’s right ear. “I asked about what happened after that!”

 

“Okay, okay - lemme go! Sheesh! That hurt.” he pouts. ”So that girl panicked when you passed out. I was about to get you but when I got near she um..” Chanyeol snorts. “She uh.. tried to help you but she slams her head on the table and gets knocked out too.” He can’t contain his laughter anymore and just drops on the pavement wheezing. When Joohyun heard this, she can’t help but laugh as well. She was not expecting that.

 

“Hey Chan how’d I get home?”

 

“Your parents brought you home first. Oh! Suho actually passed by the restaurant last night so he helped out while you guys went home.”

 

“l’ll thank Junmyeon later. Um... Do you think Seulgi noticed I um... you know...”

 

“That you touched her body repeatedly and basically drooled all over her? Yes! I think she noticed. If she didn’t then she must be really, really dense!” Irene felt embarrassed but decides that she will just apologize for what happened.

 

“SOOOOO you lost the bet...” Irene froze in place, trying to think of an excuse not to push through with the bet. ‘I’m already too embarrassed about spilling water on her and touching her abs.. I don’t think I can face her.’ She says to herself. ”Look Chanyeol, I don’t think it’s possible for me to do that.”

 

“No backing out Hyunnie! The last time I lost a bet with you, you made me wear a dress to church. The Priest still gives me the stink-eye to this day. Come on you like her. Remember she’s YOUR Seulgi. How will she know that if you won’t even try to get her number.” Joohyun smiles at her bestfriend’s effort. “Okay! Today I will get my soulmate’s number! HA HA HA!” she says with her chest puffed out.

 

“Soulmates? Really now?”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter