Chapter 6: Happy

Talk To Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

School Clinic

10:05am

 

The school clinic isn’t that big, it only has 6 beds in it. 3 beds on the left side and another 3 on the right. The beds are separated by curtains. The first patient of the day is none other than Kang Seulgi. The school nurse is currently checking up on her unconscious patient. She starts taking her temperature, then she starts looking at the girl’s head to search for any bruises or cuts. But she can’t focus on her job because 3 annoying children are staring at her.

 

“Don’t worry your friend is okay, she’s just sleeping now.” She says with the best smile she can show to hide her annoyance.

 

“Mm… We have questions…” Wendy states waiting for the nurse to reply.

 

“What is it?” The 3 students look at each other and then all 3 of them blurt out their questions.

 

“Is that really your name??”

 

“Are you really named “Happy”??”

 

“Why didn’t your parents name you Joy instead? I mean the setup is already there.” Wendy says with curiosity.

 

“I mean “nurse Happy” sounds like a bootleg title to be honest.” Baekhyun spouts.

 

“I was going to blame your parents but you’re like old now… You are aware you can have your name changed right? You can only blame yourself now!” Sehun exclaims.

 

“YOU THREE OUT NOW!!! Recess has been over! Get back to class!” The three idiots walkout of the clinic while grumbling. “More like nurse grumpy.”

 

Nurse Happy is very unhappy now. ‘I know my name sounds so bad, it’s not like I had a choice. As much as I want to be named Joy for proper Pokemon references, I can’t. This alternate universe already has a Joy.’ She cries internally.

 

The door to the clinic opens, and a young girl enters. She’s a little bit short, she has beautiful long blonde hair. Her face is all scrunched up as she walks near the nurse. “My tummy hurts...”

 

“Oh you poor thing.” Nurse Happy immediately attends to the girl. Helping her to the bed next to Seulgi’s. “What happened? Did you eat anything bad?” She asks with concern.

 

“No, it’s just that time of the month.” The nurse then just tells her to lay in bed and rest. She then leaves the two students and heads to her little office. The blonde girl then checks if the nurse is gone. “Hehe fooled her.” She gets off the bed and goes to the girl next to her.

 

“Oooooh… she’s cute. Why the heck does she have an x on her forehead. She must be an idiot.” She notices the girl frown. “I know you’re awake.” Seulgi continues to keep her eyes closed. The girl then pokes her x-mark. “You can’t fool me.” No response. The girl grins and pokes the forehead 10 more times.

“OW! That hurts!” Seulgi says about to cry from the assault.

 

“I knew it! Stop being a baby, I didn’t poke you that hard.” Seulgi grunts and continues to pretend to be in pain hoping the girl will feel bad and leave her alone. She takes a peek at the girl by opening her right eye but what she sees makes her open both eyes in shock. Lips lunging towards her with lighting speed. Seulgi squeals and hides under the blanket.

 

“Hey why are you hiding? I’m trying to help soothe your pain.”

 

“I’m not in pain!!”

 

“Are you sure?” the girl puckers up again.

 

“I’m fine, I’m fine! Seee!”

 

“Hahaha you’re funny! I like you already.”

 

“Who are you anyway?” Seulgi asks with annoyance.

 

“I’m Katy, nice to meet you.” She says with a bright smile.

 

1st floor hallway

10:17am

 

“Aargh..” Chanyeol grunts. He is carrying Suho on his back to take him to the clinic.

 

“He’s not even tha tall but damn he’s so heavy.” Right next to him is Joohyun, poking Suho’s face.

 

“He’s still knocked out. Teehee Seulgi is so strong.” Irene blushes.

 

“Hyunnie! You should go back to class, I can bring Suho to the clinic by myself.” Joohyun starts pouting and shakes her head. “You want to check on Seulgi?” She nods vigorously.

 

Chanyeol sighs then chuckles. “I never imagined I’d see the ice queen act this way. Like a cute little bunny hopping around to get near a bear. Out of the ordinary.”

 

“Do you not like Seulgi for me?” she asks with a hint of sadness in her voice.

 

“Joohyun-ah I’ve known you for a very, very long time.” He turns to face his friend. “This...” He moves his arm up and down to point out the current state of Joohyun. “I have never, ever seen this… this side of you, this side that blushes uncontrollably, this side of you that loses her sense of reality, this side that is very determined to make one person happy. Hell! The fact that you didn’t roll your eyes at her when she was gawking at you, that was the first! And don’t think I didn’t notice you’re actually wearing perfume today. Haha It’s only been a day and you’re already going all out…” Joohyun is stunned with her friend’s observation.

 

“Yes, I do WANT her for you. But is she good enough for you? I don’t know. That remains to be a mystery at this point.”

 

“I can’t explain it but I just know she’ll prove it to you, that she’s more than good enough for me.” Irene tells her friend.

 

“My little Joohyun-ah… she doesn’t need to prove anything to me. She only needs to prove herself to you.” Chanyeol smiles as he sees his friend happy, he then pats her head.

 

“I can’t wait to watch 2 idiots fall in love hehe. You two can’t even hold a conversation hahaha you’re either passing out or she’s dying LOL.” He says merrily while walking away fro

Please log in to read the full chapter