Chapter #7 - Ji Changmin

My Heart Beats for You

Your POV

‘I will be home late. Would you mind picking up groceries and preparing dinner tonight? I left a grocery list on the counter. If there is anything else on sale you want, feel free to buy it.’ - Jinhwan. 

I went to the counter to grab the grocery list and popped it in my bag before leaving the house. 

 

While I was walking, I was so fixated on my phone that I bumped into someone.

“Sorry!” I apologized.

“I’m sorry too!” He said. “Oh wait, ~~~~?”

I looked at him and recognized who he was. “Oh Changmin! Hi! Why is it that every time we meet we bump into each other?”

He laughed. “I don’t know. But sorry, I wasn’t paying attention.”

“Neither.” I laughed. “Where are you going?”

“Oh today is a day off training, so I just came out for a walk, I don't have much to do. What about you?” He asked.

“I’m going to the grocery store.” I said. 

He smiled and asked "do you need a hand? I'm happy to accompny you, if you don't mind of course!"

"Oh-- no!" I stuttered. 

"I insist!" He said.

In the end, I caved and Changmin came with me to the grocery story. We got there and he pulled out a trolley. I pulled out the list from my bag and saw the amount that was written on there.

“Oh my lord, I didn’t realize how much he needed me to buy. I thought it was just a couple of things…” I stared. “Sorry Changmin.”

“No stress, let’s go!” He said. “Give me those bags, I will put them in the trolley.” He grabbed my bags off me.

While we were shopping, Changmin and I talked a lot and got to know each other. He was so easy to talk to and I didn’t feel the need to try to hold a conversation with him.

When we left the supermarket, I had so much more than I thought I would, the bags were mega full. Changmin smiled and took the bags from me and said “I will carry them for you. Where is our next destination?”

“Are you su--” I began.

“Yes! Let’s go!” He cut me off. “Lead the way.”

We were walking home, but we stopped because we saw a huge commotion on the streets. We walked up to see what was happening, and it looked like some sort of dance battle? There were people surrounding a stereo, and one by one people were going into the centre and busting out moves.

It was empty and the person at the stereo said “Who’s next?”

Changmin put down the shopping bags and went into the middle of the circle. He showed off some very advanced moves and I was in awe. My jaw dropped and I didn’t even blink because he was just so amazing. Everyone was screaming. Then he grabbed my arm and pulled me into the centre.

“I CAN’T DANCE CHANGMIN!” I panicked.

He smiled and simply held my hand and spun me around, and did an ending pose. Everyone cheered and I was just standing there like a wood block.

“You’re amazing!” The MC said. “Here is a prize for getting the loudest cheers today.” He handed him a bouquet of chocolates. “Can we get a photo?” He asked.

Changmin nodded and the MC went to take a picture. Changmin pulled me in close from the shoulder and looked me in the eys. His smile was so warm and bright, that when we made eye contact, it felt like time had slowed down.

"Smile ~~~~." He turned his head towards the camera. I quickly turned mine as well and smiled.

We snapped the photo with the crowd.

“Can I have that photo?” Changmin asked.

The MC nodded and sent it to Changmin. 

We finished and went to grab the groceries. 

“Wow--” I began, at a loss of words. “I-- you-- are amazing!”

Changmin went a bit shy and said “I still got lots to work on.” He then handed me the chocolate bouquet. “This is for you.”

“WHAT! BUT YOU WON THIS FAIR AND SQUARE!” I said. 

He gave a warm smile. “And you supported my win. Take it."

I ended up accepting it and we continued on our way home. When we arrived, Changmin helped me bring the bags inside.

“Do you want some tea and cake? My brother brought home some really nice cake yesterday.” I asked.

“I don’t want to intrude.” Changmin said.

“Take it as a thank you for helping me today. Please, I insist.” I said.

He smiled and said “I’d be happy to stay then.”

I prepared some tea and cake, and we just talked for hours. I didn’t even realize how much time flew. He sent me the photo from today as well.

I looked at the clock and said “Shoot, oppa will be home soon. I need to prepare dinner.”

Changmin stood up and followed me to the kitchen. “Let me help. I’m not the best at cooking though...”

I smiled and gave him an apron. “That’s okay, cooking is fun with others.” And we prepared dinner.

Jinhwan came home while we were still cooking.

“Hello oppa.” I said. “Oh this is Changmin, a friend of mine.”

Jinhwan looked confused, but shook his head and said “Hello, I’m Kim Jinhwan, ~~~~’s older brother.”

“Hello, Jinhwan-ssi, I’m Ji Changmin.” Changmin bowed. 

“Dinner is almost ready.” I said.

Jinhwan put down his bag and began to set the table, and he set up for 3 people to eat. 

“Changmin, stay for dinner. It looks like you helped ~~~~ cook, so please join us.” Jinhwan said.

Changmin smiled and said “Thank you for the offer.”


When we finished eating, Changmin had to leave. 

“Thank you ~~~~ and Jinhwan-ssi for letting me have dinner with you today.” Changmin thanked. 

“Call me Hyung.” Jinhwan said.

I stared at Jinhwan confused.

“And feel free to come anytime you want Changmin.” Jinhwan gave a warm smile.

Changmin’s eyes beamed with happiness and said “I would love to!”

After sending Changmin off, I looked at Jinhwan.

“Did you ask him to call you hyung?” I asked.

“Yeah why?” Jinhwan said while packing up the plates.

“You never let anyone call you that?” I was so confused. “And you asked him to come often?”

“Changmin… How do I say this? I can just see and feel that Changmin is a warm hearted person inside and out. And you also never bring friends home. So I don’t know, I like this Changmin and I just know he is someone who is very caring and will take care of others well.” Jinhwan explained. “I’m glad you met someone like him.”
“You met him once though.” I commented.

“Just my gut feeling, and my gut feeling is never wrong.” Jinhwan smiled. “I can just tell he’s a good person.”

I went to my room and saw the chocolate bouquet sitting on my table. I laid on my bed and Changmin sent me a message.
 

‘Thank you again! I had so much fun! Let’s hang out more often.’ - Changmin.
 

I looked at the photo he sent, and seeing Changmin’s smile, just made me want to smile as well.

Your POV end