Chapter #1 - New Students

My Heart Beats for You

Your POV:

BRINGGGGG BRINGGGGG!!

“Urgh!” I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head.

BRINGGGGG BRINGGGGG!!

“Shush!” I yelled at my phone. I picked it up and violently turned the alarm off. “Ugrh… Stupid phone.” I yawned and slowly sat up.

“You are louder than the alarm you know~~” Someone said through the door.

“SHUSH! KIM JINHWAN! ” I yelled back.

My brother opened my door. “Did you just call me by my full name?” He glared at me.

I quickly rolled out of bed and onto the floor, bending down at his feet. “I’m sorry. Please feed me breakfast.” I pleaded.

He smirked. “That’s right. Now hurry, you’ll be late for school.” And he left the room.

I sighed and stood up. ‘Time to get dressed.’ I thought to myself and slapped my cheeks.


I slowly stumbled my way downstairs. I was not a morning person, it was always so hard to get out of bed, it was the worst. Well, except actually going to school.

“Here.” Jinhwan placed a plate of pancakes in front of me as I sat down.

“잘 먹겠습니다  (jal meokkesseumnida) [Means thank you for the food :3]” I grabbed my utensils. “Thanks Oppa.” And I dug in.

Jinhwan sat across from me and dug in as well. “You better chow faster, the clock is ticking.” He eyed the clock.

I looked at my phone and my eyes widened. I scoffed down the rest of my food, grabbed my bag and ran out the door.

“Don’t get a stitch~” Jinhwan said as I closed the door.


I arrived at the bus stop and just made it in time. I climbed on quickly and was squished due to the high amount of school students.

As the bus started moving, I yawned and we headed to school.

 

The bus had come to a sudden stop when it reached school, but it came to a very sudden stop. Most people caught their balance or grabbed a pole. I, however, being the slow poke sleepy head with the reflexes of a sloth, didn’t react in time and fell.

Someone caught me in their arms.

I stood up quickly and bowed. “I’m so sorry!”

Before he could say anything, I quickly pushed through to get out of the bus as fast as I could to avoid embarrassment.


“DAEUN-AH!” I yelled and ran to her in front of the school gates.

“Good morning!” Daeun smiled. “Let’s go to class.”

As we walked to our classroom, Daeun said “You know apparently we are getting a new student in our class today!” 

“Really?” I said. As we approached our classroom, there was a crowd of people in the corridor.

“What’s going on?” I asked one of the other students.

“There’s 2 new guys at our school! They are so good looking!!” She answered. “I think one is going into your class.”

“Ah.” One of the guys said.

I looked at him and he stared directly at me.

“Uh oh.” I said. “The guy on the bus…”

He pushed through the crowd and walked right in front of me.

The whole corridor went silent.

“You dropped this.” He held out his hand.

I gasped. It was a sanitary pad that I had put in my jacket pocket last night in case I forgot to bring one. It must’ve fallen out when I fell onto him on the bus. 

I snatched it out of his hand and quickly walked into the classroom, covering my face.

I sat down in my seat and organized my desk for class.

Daeun came up to me and said “What was that?”

Before I could answer, our homeroom teacher walked in and instructed everyone to sit down.

Everyone scrambled to their chairs and our new classmate walked up to the front of the classroom.

“Good morning everyone, this is our new student. Choi Chanhee. Would you like to introduce yourself?” The teacher smiled.

“Hello, my name is Choi Chanhee. Please take good care of me.” He took a bow and everyone said hello back.

‘Thank god it’s the other one in my class and not the bus guy…’ I thought to myself as I took a big sigh.

“There is a seat next to ~~~~, that will be your seat. ~~~~ Please put up your hand.” The teacher called out.

I put up my hand and Chanhee made his way to the seat next to me.

“Nice to meet you.” I smiled. 

“Same here.” He answered. 


During class, I was getting bored. I hated morning classes because I didn't properly wake up till around 10am. I looked at Chanhee who was also looking dead as hell.

He saw me and he wrote a note on his book to show me.

'I hate mornings.' He wrote.

I scribbed in my book. 'Omg me too. I am only 25% awake right now.'

He tried not to laugh and wrote 'Better than me, I'm about 10% awake right now.'

I let out a little laugh. 'I feel like we will get along.' I thought to myself.


The lunch bell rang, and it was time to head to the cafeteria.

“Did you bring lunch Chanhee?” I asked. 

“No I didn’t, I didn’t have time to pack any.” He sighed. “Mind if I join you for lunch in the cafeteria?”

“Not at all. Let’s go!” I grabbed my bag and Daeun and we headed to the cafeteria together.

“I need to get Sunwoo, he’s in the classroom and year level below us. Do you mind if he joins us?” Chanhee asked.

“Not at all!” I said.

We went downstairs and saw a big fuss in the corridor, all the girls were swooning over the new guy from the bus.

Chanhee tched. 

“You know him?” I asked.

“Yeah. He’s one of my best friends.” Chanhee replied. “He’s always been popular, but I don’t get why.” Chanhee savagely added the last comment.

“Wait, that's your friend Sunwoo?” I asked. ‘Damn it I really didn’t think I’d have to see him again.’ I thought, thinking about all the embarassing encounters I have had with this person in the past 5 hours.

“SUNWOO!” Chanhee yelled. “HURRY UP I’M HUNGRY.” 

I was taken back by Chanhee’s yell because he seemed like such a polite guy.

Sunwoo pushed past the girls and we all headed to the cafeteria.


We got our food and sat down.

“This is Kim Sunwoo by the way, like I said, he’s one of my best friends.” Chanhee introduced.

“Yo.” Sunwoo said.

I felt so awkward saying anything to this guy because of what happened on the bus and in the corridor. But I put a smile on my face to greet him. “I’m Kim ~~~~, and this is Song Daeun. We are in Chanhee’s class.”

“You don’t think I know that?” Sunwoo commented.

‘So rude…’ I thought.

Girls started to crowd around our table to fangirl about Sunwoo, which I didn’t even really see what they were seeing, I didn’t think he was that amazing anyway.

‘Man this is going to be a wild semester with this one here. I can feel it.’ I thought to myself.

You POV end