Chapter #6 - Class Drama

My Heart Beats for You

Sunyoung’s POV

Some of my classmates were mucking around behind the school, which was a restricted area.

“Class is starting. You shouldn’t be here anyway.” I said sternly.

The people glared at me and tched. “What a b**tch…” They whispered, and left, bumping my shoulder.

I sighed and went to class.

I sat down, and I was sitting in the front. People started throwing pieces of paper to the back of my head. This was a typical day at school. I was hated in my class, in my whole year level. It was just the life I lived. And when I thought that becoming the class president would soften the blows a little, it just made it worse. And so I just stopped caring and did what I thought was right.

“Oi. You are messing up the classroom. Stop throwing paper.”

I looked back and Sunwoo, the new student, was standing behind my chair and leaning.

Even though he was new, Sunwoo had a high popularity and reputation at the school since he was, as they say, ‘good looking, smart and sporty.’

He looked at me and asked “You okay?”

I stared at him confused as to why he was helping me.

“You know, it’s rude not to answer.” He commented.

“Oh-- thank you…” I said timidly.

“If anyone tries to pick on you again just tell me. I won’t sit by and watch you get bullied.” He said and went back to his seat. 

I didn’t know what to feel. No one had ever stood up for me before. I stared as Sunwoo walked back to his seat.

Soonyoung’s POV end


Your POV

After school, Chanhee and I decided to work on our group project in the library again. While we were heading to the library, we ran into Sunwoo, who was walking with Sunyoung. He immediately came up to me and gave me a smile.

“I wanna go home early, stop being gross.” Chanhee grabbed my arm and dragged me to the library.

After working for a while, Chanhee and Sunwoo went to get some drinks. Which left me sitting alone with Sunyoung.

I was about to say something to break the silence, but Sunyoung quickly packed her bags and said “I will head home now.”

“Don’t you want to wait for them to return?” I asked.

She shook her head and just left. And with that, I was left sitting in the library by myself. I realized she left a small notepad. So I picked it up and ran after her. But I couldn’t find her, even though I was certain I would’ve been able to catch up to her.

I went back inside the school and I heard something coming from the girls bathroom. When I ran in, I saw Sunyoung on the floor, surrounded by a bunch of girls from her class.

“I don’t know what you’re doing, but stay away from Sunwoo. He is too good for a lowlife like you. You’re a loser, so don’t associate yourself with him.” One of them said. “How much do we have to show you until you realize you just aren’t worth anything?”

“Get away from her.” I said.

Your POV end

 


Sunwoo’s POV

“Where did they go?” Chanhee asked. We had returned and ~~~~’s stuff was still there but Sunyoung’s stuff was all gone.

“SUNWOO… CHANHEE-SUNBAE!” Sunyoung came up to us, she was completely out of breath. “~~~~-sunbae needs help. Please. She saved me and now she’s in trouble!”

In my mind, nothing else mattered, I just needed to get to ~~~~ as quickly as possible. 

Sunyoung led us to the scene, and even though it was the girls bathroom, Chanhee and I sprinted in.

The girls from my class were all on the floor, and ~~~~ was standing over them. But she was soaked in dirty water.

“You best better watch yourself when you try to mess with a sunbae. How dare you try to gang up on me. And if I ever see any of you pick on Sunyoung again, I will not hesitate to beat you all up again.” ~~~~ kicked one of the girls' bags towards them.

She marched towards us, and she did not look happy.

“Your bag.” She handed Sunyoung’s bag to her. “Sorry it got a bit wet, I did my best to keep it dry though.”

I tried to grab her arm. “Are you alri--”

She hit my arm away. “I am not in the mood to talk right now. So would you all please just leave me alone? I will speak to you tomorrow.” And she marched off.

Sunwoo’s POV end

 


Your POV

I went back to the library to grab my things. I was not in a good mood. Those girls chucked a heap of dirty water all over me, so now I was muddy, wet and I stank. My legs had scrapes because they pushed me onto the bathroom floor. I felt bad for being rude to the guys but I was just pissed off that this happened. And I just wanted to be alone.
I packed my things up and went straight to the nurse's office to pick up some bandages. I also rinsed my legs and my arms to try to get all the dirt off. 

I then headed back to the classroom. When I arrived, I saw something placed on my desk. It was our school blazer. On top was a note.

‘I know you’re upset, but here, it’s cold. So wear this. I will be waiting for you outside the school, no matter how long you take, I will be there.’ - Sunwoo.

I picked up the blazer and underneath was a t-shirt. I sighed and decided to change into them.

After changing, I decided to head home. And when I walked out of the school, Sunwoo was sitting at the gates.

He stood up immediately after seeing me.

“You actually waited.” I commented.

“I said I would. Are you alright?” He asked.

“I’m fine.” And I just walked past him.

“Let me walk you home.” Sunwoo insisted.

“No, I want to walk alone.” I said. But he followed me anyway. 

I didn’t want to go home, so I headed to a small park and sat on the swings. Sunwoo sat on the one next to me. 

Sunwoo stood up and stood in front of me. He grabbed my hand lightly and held it inside his.

“I know you don’t want to talk about what happened. But if you ever do, I’m here all the time to listen.” He said.

I appreciated that he didn’t keep asking me about the situation, and it was nice just having him here with me.

Sunwoo dropped me home and smiled. “I will see you tomorrow.” 

“Thank you--” I quickly said in a soft tone.

He gave me a smile and tapped under my chin twice. “Anything for you.”

I walked inside the house and went straight to my room to get ready to shower properly. It felt like the first time I had shown a weak side of myself to someone. When I took off Sunwoo’s blazer and shirt, they had his scent, which brought me a feeling of comfort. I didn’t like showing weakness, and it made me think how much I could trust Sunwoo to be able to expose this side of me to him.

You POV end

 


Sunyoung’s POV

At school the next day, I was waiting outside ~~~~’s classroom for her arrival. She rocked up with Sunwoo and I immediately ran up to her.

“Are you alright? I’m so sorry about what happened.” I panicked.

Sunwoo and ~~~~ both stared at me shocked.

“W-what?” I asked.

“You’re just so quiet and calm all the time and never say anything. So I’m just shocked to see you panicked.” Sunwoo commented.

“I’m okay.” ~~~~ smiled. “Are you alright? Sorry I ran off yesterday.”

“I’m sorry sunbae…” I bowed.

“I told you to call me Unnie. Come on!” She insisted.

I was still baffled at the situation.

“Yo.” Chanhee walked up to us all.

“Where did you go this morning?” Sunwoo asked.

“I just had something to do. Let’s get to class.” Chanhee walked into the classroom.


Sunwoo and I headed to our classroom, and the girls we saw yesterday saw us and panicked a little before greeting us.

Sunwoo stared at them weirdly. And we went to our seats. And for the whole day, no one bothered me, no one threw anything at me. It was a very peaceful day.

Sunyoung’s POV end

 


Chanhee’s POV

~~~~ and I sat down in our seats. “How come you didn’t come to school with Sunwoo?” ~~~~ asked.

“Just had to get something in the morning.” I responded.

In truth, I came to school early, and I approached those girls and everyone in Sunwoo’s class.


Earlier this morning:
I walked into the classroom and I was pissed off. I was not a fan of bullying, and it seriously angered me especially if it happened to my friends.

I walked up to the girls who hurt ~~~~ and Sunyoung yesterday and I stomped my foot in front of them.

“I have half a piece of mind to rat you out to the teachers about what you did yesterday. I have a little recording about the conversation that happened in that bathroom and I am not afraid to release it to the public and get you guys expelled. So from now on if I see you do anything to ~~~~ or Sunyoung, I will not hesitate to take action.” I looked up to the rest of the class, and gave off a threatening aura. “That goes for the rest of you. Stay away from Sunyoung.” And everyone got chills as I walked out of the room.

End of flashback.

 

I looked at ~~~~ during class. ‘I will never allow anyone to hurt my friends.’ I sighed and continued writing notes in my book.

Chanhee’s POV end.