Chapter #4 - Group Projects

My Heart Beats for You

Sunwoo’s POV

It had been a few weeks since Chanhee and I had transferred to this school. We were settling in well. Except there was only one problem… Chanhee and I arrived at school, and these girls in my class came to greet me.

“Sunwoo yah!” They called.

“Oh god.” Chanhee looked in disgust.

“YAH!” 

Chanhee and I looked at who yelled.

“Stop crowding the school gates. It’s time for class.” She said.

“Who’s that?” Chanhee asked.

“She’s our class president, her name is Sunyoung. A lot of the other girls gossip about her and call her mean and a loner. I always see her sitting by herself” I explained.

“Get to class.” Sunyoung said.

“At least she’s not your fangirl.” Chanhee commented.

Sunwoo’s POV end

 

Your POV

I huffed as I walked into the classroom. 

“~~~~!” Daeun ran up to me. “Are you okay? Why are you so late?”

“I-- slept-- in--” I huffed and stumbled to my seat. “Yo.” I looked at Chanhee.

“Babo. Didn’t you almost sleep in last time as well?” Chanhee asked.

“Yeah yeah, shush, we don’t need to talk about that.” I said.

We sat down and class began.
“We have a group project coming up.” The teacher announced. “I want you to divide into pairs and do a case study on a topic of your choice.”

“Yah ~~~~.” Chanhee called. “Be my partner please. I don’t have any other good friends in this class. PLEASE.” He pleaded.

“Okay, let’s do it.” I smiled.

“~~~~!” Daeun called. “Do you want to be partners?”

“Mianhae, Daeun. Chanhee doesn’t know anyone well in the class so I’m going to pair with him this time. And he asked me first as well.” I explained.

“Oh! That’s fine. I’ll ask someone else.” And she went off to another friend.

“Thank you~” He said to me.

“The nice guy act does not suit you, don’t do that again.” I gave him a judging side eye.

Your POV end


Sunwoo’s POV

“The project that I want you to do is a group project.” The teacher announced. “I want you to divide into pairs and do a case study on a topic of your choice.”

‘Urgh.’ I sighed. ‘Pairs?! I don’t want to pair up with anyone here. I wish I was in hyung and ~~~~ noona’s class.’

The girls got out of their chairs and surrounded my desk. 

“Sunwoo-yah! Please be my partner.” They all said.

I stared at the crowd with a deadpan face. Then I saw the class president sitting by herself at the front of the room. I got out of my seat and walked up to her desk.

“Yo. Do you wanna be partners for the project?” I asked.

She looked at me surprised. “You want me to be your partner?” She asked and raised her eyebrow.

“Eo.” I answered simply.

She continued to stare at me for a bit before answering “Fine.” 

I went back to my seat and sat down, and all the girls started whispering to each other as they went back to theirs.

Sunwoo’s POV end


Your POV

After school, Chanhee and I went to the library to start on our group project. We sat down in front of one of the computers and began to pick topics we could possibly discuss for our project.

“Yo.”

We turned around and saw Sunwoo sit down at the computer next to us. A girl sat down next to him.

“Oh by the way, this is Sunyoung.” Sunwoo leaned back so we could see her. “She’s the president of my class, we are doing a group project together. This is Chanhee and ~~~~~, they are in the year level above.”

“Hello sunbaenim.” She bowed her head. 

“Oh don’t worry about calling us sunbae, just call us by our names.” I said.

“Hey, I wanna be a sunbae though.” Chanhee commented. I hit his leg lightly.

“You can call us unnie and oppa. Although Chanhee doesn’t fit the image of an oppa.” I joked.

“I’m more mature than you.” He scoffed. “And who gave you the right to choose what people call me.” He glared.


We continued on doing our projects. After a while, Sunyoung had to go.

“It was nice to meet you both.” She bowed and left.

“I’m going to the bathroom.” Chanhee said and left as well.

Sunwoo and I sat in silence.

“How’s your project, noona?” He asked.

“Did you just call me noona?” I asked in shock.

“Isn’t that what you wanted me to call you? You told me last time I spoke informally to you.” He said.

“I’m pretty sure you were just rude.” I looked at him. “You don’t have to call me noona. Just call me ~~~~~.”

Sunwoo leaned towards my desk and leaned his chin on his hand, closing the distance between us significantly, our faces just inches away.

“Why don’t you call me oppa then?” He smirked. “I can fit the image of an oppa.”

I just stared at him, not knowing what to say. And we just stared at each other in silence.

I shook my head and stood up, which caused him to sit back in his chair. 

“Maybe we should head home soon.” I said as I stretched awkwardly.

Then Sunwoo grabbed the back of my uniform.

I looked back in shock. “What are you doing?”

“Your blazer was slightly folded. I fixed it for you.” Sunwoo answered.

“Yah let’s go home, I can’t study anymore.” Chanhee had come back and called us.

‘Thank god.’ I thought. We packed out things away and headed home.


I got home and Jinhwan-oppa was preparing for dinner.

“Welcome home, just in time. Have you eaten?” He asked.

“No.” I put my bag down.

“Oh, what were you doing after school then?” He asked.

“I have this group project, so we were just studying at the library.” I put on my apron to start cooking.

“Oh?” Jinhwan raised his eyebrow as he sat on the couch to relax. “Even with group projects you always do your part at home and just have a group chat. I can’t believe you went to the library.”

“Mhmm.” I began washing the vegetables.

All I could think about was the eye contact Sunwoo and I had at the library. It felt like time had stopped at that moment.  Jinhwan stood next to me and put on his apron.

“Oppa? What are you doing? It’s my turn to cook today.” I said.

“Your head is in the clouds. You don’t think I can tell?” He commented. “Let’s make dinner together. You must be tired from ACTUALLY DOING WORK for once.”

I stuck out my tongue at him, and we cooked dinner together.

Your POV end