Chapter #5 - The Boyz

My Heart Beats for You

Your POV

It was a rainy Friday night, and I was just at home resting from the busy week we had. Suddenly, I got a text from Chanhee.

‘We are going to our entertainment building tomorrow to do some practice. Do you want to come?’ - Chanhee.

I stared at the text in confusion. 

 

‘You want me to come? Am I allowed to?’ - Me

‘Yeah. The others want to meet you. I already asked the company.’ - Chanhee

‘Sure. How do the others know who I am?’ - Me

‘I’ve mentioned you before, and apparently Sunwoo talks about you a lot. But I didn’t really notice.’ - Chanhee

 

I held my phone and just stared at the text.


‘We will come pick you up around 9am. Also keep it on the down low, we don’t want anyone knowing we are trainees. Goodnight, idiot.’ - Chanhee

 

I shook my head, remembering I still had to reply.

 

‘Okay, goodnight idiot.’ - Me

 

I was still processing the fact that apparently, Sunwoo talks about me a lot to his group mates. Suddenly, I got a text from Sunwoo.

 

‘It’s really cold tonight, make sure you stay warm.’ - Sunwoo

 

I was too panicked to reply back to him. But I was snapped back into reality when Daeun texted me.

 

‘Want to hang out tomorrow?’ - Daeun.

‘Sorry, I have plans with Jinhwan oppa tomorrow.’ - Me. Remembering I couldn’t say anything about Chanhee and Sunwoo.

‘Aw okay! Another time.’ - Daeun.

Your POV end

 

The next morning

Chanhee’s POV

“Urgh.” I groaned as I walked down the streets.

‘I really have issues. I can’t believe I left 1.5 hours earlier just so those two could have some alone time.’ I thought.
 

Flashback:

After getting drinks for lunch, I went back to the courtyard. When I arrived, I saw the two of them staring at each other, with Sunwoo’s hand on ~~~~’s leg.

‘What in the world…’ I groaned. ‘Now I don’t want to go back. I DON’T WANT TO THIRD WHEEL!’

I stood behind a pillar for a little bit. ‘I will give them 5 more minutes to be gross.’ I sighed.

Flashback end.

 

Another Flashback:

I went to the bathroom after studying for our group project.

When I arrived back at the library, I just stared in as I saw Sunwoo and ~~~~’s faces inches away and they were staring deeply into each other’s eyes, AGAIN.

‘I freaking knew it.’ I glared. ‘I swear every time I leave for one second they gonna be staring into each other’s eyes. They really think I don't know?’ I thought.

Flashback end.

“They freaking owe me.” I mumbled to myself irritably and stormed off to the company building.

Chanhee’s POV end

 

Your POV

KNOCK KNOCK.

I had just finished getting ready, and it looked like Chanhee and Sunwoo had arrived, which was great timing. I opened the door to see only Sunwoo there.

“Yo.” He said.

“Yo.” I responded. “Where’s Chanhee?”

“He left this morning, said he had some errands to do first before training. He gave me your address to come pick you up.” He said. “Let’s go.”
I grabbed my things and locked my door. We got onto the bus to go to the company building. I was sitting on the window seat and Sunwoo sat in the aisle seat. Then suddenly, Sunwoo leaned over and came really close to me.

“W-wh-what are you doing?” I asked in panic.

He laughed and said “I’m just opening the window a little bit, it’s really warm.”

I looked away from him. He didn’t even sit back in his seat when he was done, he just stayed where he was and turned to face a very embarrassed me.

“Why? You wanted me to do something else?” He asked.

I pushed him back onto his seat. “Sit down properly or you could get hurt.” 

“Don’t worry, if the bus suddenly stops I will catch you in my arms again like I did when I met you for the first time.” He smirked. “Don’t leave me any pads this time though.”

I slapped his arm. “Yah.”

 

We arrived at Cre.ker entertainment, and the building was amazing. I couldn't believe I was going to meet real Kpop trainees. We walked into the practice room, and I don’t know what I was expecting, but I sure as hell was not expecting 9 other boys there.

“Yo.” Sunwoo greeted.

Chanhee walked up to me and said “You’re welcome.”

I stared at him blankly. “What?”

“You owe me heaps you know.” He said.

“What on earth are you talking abo--” I was cut off by the other members surrounding me and introducing themselves. 

“I’m ~~~~.” I bowed to all of them. “Sorry for intruding. I hope it’s okay to watch you guys today.”

“Not at all!” Sangyeon smiled. “We wanted to meet you, Chanhee and Sunwoo talk about you all the time.”

“Really?” I asked. “What do they say about me?”

“I tell them how derpy and stupid you are.” Chanhee commented while stretching.

I glared at him.

“Where’s Changmin hyung?” Sunwoo asked.

“He’s coming later.” Sangyeon answered. “We will start without him.”

And so they began their practice. I was in awe of their amazing skills, and everyone was good at everything, it was an incredible sight. Chanhee was always being savage to me at school, but seeing him practicing so seriously really showed me a different side to Chanhee. My eyes were locked on Sunwoo. I couldn’t help thinking that he was actually pretty cool for once.

I had to go to the bathroom, but I didn’t want to disturb them, so I snuck out. I got a little lost in the building. And as I turned a corner, I bumped into someone and we both stumbled backwards.

“I’m so sorry!” I said. “Are you alright?”

“I’m okay!” He replied. “I’m sorry too! I wasn’t looking. I was in a rush to get to the dance room.”

He looked at me and said “Oh wait, are you ~~~~~?” He asked.

“Y-yes.” I nodded. “How did you know my name?”

“Chanhee said you were coming today. Are you alright?” He asked.

“Um, I was just looking for the bathroom.” I said.

“I’ll take you, let’s go!” He said.

I followed him and we went back to the practice room when I was done.

“CHANGMIN IS HERE.” Jacob ran up and pulled him into the room.

‘So that’s Changmin…’ I thought.

“You okay?” Sunwoo walked up to me. “You disappeared suddenly.” 

“I just went to the bathroom.” I replied. “Are you guys done?”

“It’s break time, but we will have lunch soon.” Sunwoo said.

They went back to practice and I was watching the other guys all morning, but now this Changmin guy was here, and he stood out more than anyone did. He was incredible. He was so fierce and strong, despite looking so soft like a ball of sunshine when I saw him.

It was lunch break and they had ordered fried chicken.

“You’re eating lunch with us right ~~~~?” Juyeon asked.

“Ah-- I--” I began.

“Yes she is.” Sunwoo sat down.

“Let’s play rock paper scissors, and the loser has to go to the convenience store to buy drinks.” Eric suggested. 

 

 

“Well how unfortunate, this is pretty funny though.” I laughed.

“Urgh. Whatever.” Chanhee rolled his eyes as we walked to the store. “Jokes on you, you have to come with me.”

“I don’t have to. I can turn back now and you can buy all the drinks yourself. I OFFERED TO HELP, SO DON’T PISS ME OFF.” I threatened.

Chanhee scoffed and we walked into the convenience store. Chanhee easily picked out drinks based on his fellow members' taste.

“Wow you know your friends well.” I commented.

“Yeah we have known each other for quite a while.” Chanhee paid for all the drinks. 

I smiled. “That’s so nice.” I grabbed one of the bags. “Sometimes you can be kinda nice.”

“How rude. I’m always nice.” He scoffed and we exited the store.

 

When we got back, the chicken was here and they were sitting in a circle. Sunwoo stood up and grabbed my bag out of my hands. “I’ll carry.” He said.

“What about me?” Chanhee asked.

“Hmmm NAH! Carry it yourself.” Sunwoo smirked cheekily and took my bag and distributed all the drinks to the other members. We sat down and we dug into the fried chicken feast.

“잘 먹겠습니다  (jal meokkesseumnida) (Thank you for the meal!)!” We said in unison.

“Oh.”

I looked up.

“Sorry I didn’t introduce myself before! I’m Ji Changmin.” He smiled.

“Oh-- that’s okay. I’m ~~~~.” Realizing he knew my name already.

“Here.” He leaned forward to get chicken and popped it on my plate. “Eat lots! There’s plenty to go around.”

“Thank you!” I beamed, happy that he put food on my place.

Sunwoo looked at me, then grabbed my plate and piled it with heaps of food and gave it back to me.

“Thank you.” I smiled.

And he silently ate next to me.

 

I went home after lunch because I had some chores to do. However I had the greatest time today, and everyone was so friendly. They even invited me to their group chat. I got a text from Daeun as I was going home.

‘How was your day? Are you still out with Jinhwan oppa?’ - Daeun

‘It was good. Yeah we are still out. We are eating lunch.’ - Me

I threw my phone onto my bed and decided to take a bit of a rest. I smiled to myself thinking about the fun day I just had.

Your POV end