Chapter #9 - School Camp

My Heart Beats for You

Chanhee’s POV

We were all outside at the front of the school with our bags, waiting for the bus to arrive. We were going with our year level and the year level below us, which was Sunwoo and Sunyoung’s class. I was with ~~~~ and scrolling through my phone when Daeun came up to us.

“~~~~!” Daeun called. “We sitting on the bus together?”

“Ah--” ~~~~ said. “I’m sitting with Chanhee. Sorry… But I bought heaps of snacks and skincare for you as usual to have at the campsite as an apology!”

“Aw~” Daeun gave ~~~~ a hug. “Thank you! I will see you later then.” 

“As usual?” I asked.

“Yeah she always asks me to buy her stuff cause her family is going through some issues right now. She was the first person that spoke to me at school so I’m thankful to her and will do anything to help her.” ~~~~ said.

I continued scrolling through my phone. “I see.” 

It was a moment of silence before I decided to ask a question.

“Do you always buy her things?” I asked as the bus pulled in front of us.

“Yeah, I want to help her. So I help her when she needs money for rent and food. She said she lives by herself far away and sometimes her part time job doesn’t give her enough for the month. So I’m the person she trusts enough to tell.” She explained.

“Right.” I helped ~~~~ put her bags under the bus once the doors had opened. 

Chanhee’s POV end


Your POV

“Unnie!” Sunyoung came up to me with Sunwoo following behind her. “Here, you said you get motion sickness. I bought you some lollies to help with it.” She gave me a bag of lollies. 

“Thank you Sunyoung-ie!” I gave her a hug. “We will see you at the campsite.” 

Sunyoung nodded and headed towards her bus.

Sunwoo came up to me before I left, and tapped my chin twice. “See you there. Don’t play on your phone too much, I don’t want you feeling unwell when we arrive.”  And he left.

Chanhee and I sat in our seats near the front row. And I wanted to tell him something.

“Sunwoo…” I began.

“What about Sunwoo?” Chanhee asked.

“I don’t know if it’s just me, but is he usually this close to other girls?” I asked.

“Close? Not really.” Chanhee answered.

“Well…” I began.


Flashback to movie day.

Chanhee and Sunyoung had gone to the bathroom, and Sunwoo and I were in line for movie tickets. The line was moving, when suddenly the person in front of me stopped. It startled me and as I turned around to face the rest of the group, I was very close to Sunwoo. I didn’t expect the distance between us to be so small, so I gasped a bit.

“What’s the matter?” He asked.

“N-nothing.” I stuttered. “I didn’t realize you were so close.” 

He smirked and leaned forward. 

I couldn’t widen the distance between us because there were people behind me.

He tapped my chin twice and said “You’re so cute when you’re startled.”

I stared at him confused. 

“Come on, the line is moving.” He grabbed my hand and held it as we walked toward the front of the line.

While we were in the movies, Sunwoo took off his jumper and put it over my legs, because I was wearing shorts. He gave me a soft smile and tapped my chin.

Flashback end

Your POV end

 

Chanhee’s POV

“Oh wow, I’m so shocked that he’s flirty with you. I did not notice it.” I said sarcastically.

“You didn’t realize either? That’s what I thought…” ~~~~ said.

I facepalmed in my head thinking ‘is she serious? It’s never been more obvious that Sunwoo is flirting with her. I can’t believe this, she’s a brick wall!’

“So do you like Sunwoo?” I asked.

“Um-- I don’t know. Maybe?” She answered confused. “I don’t know at the moment.” Her phone buzzed and when I glanced over, I saw Changmin messaging her.

“Are you close with Changmin?!” I asked in shock and leaned forward in my seat.

“Oh yeah, he helped me the other day and we hung out. We’ve spoken a lot since then.” She said.

‘Heol. What is going on?' I thought and sat back in my seat staring at her phone.

Chanhee’s POV end.


Sunyoung’s POV

At the same time on Sunyoung and Sunwoo’s bus.

“Sit by the window.” Sunwoo said. “Incase anyone wants to do anything to you.”

“Thank you.” I smiled.

“I’m glad you are feeling better about coming to school.” Sunwoo smiled at me. 
I blushed and looked away.

“I always thought you were super quiet.” Sunwoo commented. “But you talk and laugh a lot.”

“I guess I just didn’t have the right people to talk and laugh with before.” I said.

Sunwoo smiled and put his hand on my head. “I’m glad you feel like you can be comfortable with us.”

Sunyoung’s POV end.


Your POV

We arrived at the campsite, and I stumbled out of the bus, dizzy.

“Man, your motion sickness is bad.” Chanhee said whilst patting my back.

Sunwoo ran up to us and he cupped his hands gently on my cheeks and lifted my head to look at him.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“I’m fine. I’m so glad we are here.” I mumbled.

"Aiya, come here." Sunwoo pulled me in close for a hug. 

My heart started beating quicker when I was in his arms. But I didn't want to pull away.

 

We were staying in cabins, and we were allowed to mix with the other class for rooms. So I quickly grabbed Sunyoung and said “we are rooming, I don’t trust any of those horrible girls in your class. Let’s go!” 

I took Sunyoung to our room, and we unpacked all our things.

Someone knocked on our door.

“~~~~!” Da eun called, and opened the door.

“You said you had new skincare? Is it the brand I asked for?” She asked.

“Oh– sorry I didn’t buy those brands. They were a bit pricey…” I said.

“Ah ~~~~, I told you I can only use those brands. But that’s okay. I’ll let it pass.” She basically threw the bottles of skincare onto my bed and walked off.

“That was kinda rude?” Sunyoung looked at me.

“Nah, I think she’s upset because we always room together at camp. But this year she had other people who asked her so I thought it was okay. I guess not.” I said.

“Hm if that’s what you say…” Sunyoung unpacked her bags.

“She’s a lovely person. I’m sure she didn’t mean anything of it.” I smiled

Your POV end

 

Chanhee’s POV

BRING BRING.

I rolled my eyes as my phone rang non stop. I put my phone on silent and yet, I could see the calls coming in all the time. 

“Are you okay?”

I got a jump scare from the person who came up from behind me.

“Daeun… you scared me.” I commented.

“Sorry. Are you alright? I saw you standing on your own?” She smiled.

“I’m okay…” I was kind of confused as to why she was approaching me.

“If you need any issues, feel free to come speak to me.” She said as she walked away from me.

I stared at her as she walked away and smiled at me. 

Then a text came through from my parents, after 20 missed calls.

‘Choi Chanhee, answer your phone now.’ - Mum

“Chanhee!” ~~~~ called. 

I in my frustration and went back out to find ~~~~. 

Chanhee’s POV end

 

Hello~ I hope everyone is well :3 Sorry for slow updates T^T