Chapter #2 - Choi Chanhee and Kim Sunwoo

My Heart Beats for You

Your POV

The last school bell rang and it was time to head home.

I packed all my things back into my bag and got ready to leave.

“~~~~~.” Chanhee called. “Do you want to come eat out with me and Sunwoo? A new restaurant just opened, it specializes in different types of buns. We were going to go check it out.”

My eyes sparkled immediately. “I’VE HEARD OF THAT PLACE. I REALLY WANT TO GO.” I exclaimed. Then I realized how loud and excited I was being and went “Ah.”

“Let’s go get Sunwoo from his classroom then." Chanhee said.

As we were leaving, Daeun grabbed my arm. "Do you wanna hang out?" She asked.

I wasn't sure if Chanhee wanted me to invite others, so I kept it on the down low. "I've got plans now. Sorry! But I'll see you tomorrow!" I said and followed Chanhee.

So Chanhee and I went to the other classroom to see Sunwoo struggling to leave the crowd of people.

I was hearing comments like “YOU’RE SO COOL, YOU’RE SO HANDSOME, SO GOOD AT EVERYTHING” and I just rolled my eyes.

“YAH KIM SUNWOO.” Chanhee yelled. 

Sunwoo seemed to obey every time Chanhee yelled his name, which was amusing to me.

“Yah can you seriously stop, I don’t want to have to yell your name every freaking time.” Chanhee rolled his eyes as we walked to the bun store.

“It’s not my fault that I’m popular.” Sunwoo said with a straight face.

I scoffed.

“What?” He glared at me.

“Nothing, but aren’t you a year below me? Means you’re younger, you should be respecting me.” I glared.

“You’re right. Sorry grandma.” Sunwoo said.

“YAH!” I yelled.

“Means I’m a grandpa! We are the same age!” Chanhee looked pissed.

We managed to make it to the bun store without biting each other's head off due to our bantering (surprisingly) and it was pretty packed. (It wasn’t like a dine in restaurant but more of a small store where you order takeaway.)

We waited a bit before making it to the front of the line to order.

We took our order. There were also fresh juices that were for sale, and I ordered a pear juice.

Anyway, we waited outside for our order. 

One of the workers came outside and said “Sorry, we only had one pear juice left. Would you like a different juice?” 

“Did you order pear juice too?” I looked at Chanhee.

“Nope. Sunwoo likes pear juice though.” Chanhee responded.

When I looked back, Sunwoo had already taken the pear juice out of the worker's hand. 
“YAH!” I yelled.

“I ordered first.” Sunwoo opened the bottle and took a sip out of it. “AHHHH, that is so refreshing.”

I took a deep breath. “I’ll take pineapple, thank you.” With a lowkey annoyed tone.

 

We got our food and went to sit down at a nearby park.

The smell of freshly steamed buns filled the air.

“WAHHH!” My eyes sparkled as I pulled them out of the bag. “I’M SO EXCITED.”

I opened my juice as well and popped a straw in and took a sip. 

“Beta to my pear juice I bet.” Sunwoo commented.

I legit could not deal, so I just ignored him.

I was in the middle of eating a bun, when Sunwoo put his drink in front of my face.

“Try it. It’s really good.” He said whilst eating.

I stared at him confused.

“Do you want it or not?!” He said.

I quickly took it and said “Thank you…” And took a sip. “WOW THIS IS REALLY GOOD. Thank you for letting me try it.” I gave it back to him.

“You can have more if you want.” He commented and went back to eating.

Your POV end


Chanhee’s POV

“You can have more if you want.” Sunwoo commented and went back to eating.

‘Man this feels like I’m third wheeling. How do they have so much chemistry already? I want to hurl.’ I thought. 

Suddenly, my phone rang. 

“Eo, Sangyeon hyung.” I answered. “School was good, and yes don’t worry, we will see you tomorrow.” And I hung up.

“Sangyeon hyung? What did he want?” Sunwoo asked.

“Just reminding us we have to go to the company building tomorrow.” I answered.

“Company?” ~~~~ asked.

“Oh yeah, we are trainees under Cre.ker entertainment. We are training to be part of a boy group.” I explained. “Keep it down low though, we don’t want many people to find out.”

~~~~~ looked at me surprised. “That’s awesome guys! How come you came to this school then?”

“Our old school was too far away from the company building, so we transferred to this school. But after we graduate we will probably have debuted by then. That’s the plan.” I explained. 

Chanhee’s POV end


Your POV

“So what is it that you do?” I asked.

“I’m training mainly in vocals, and Sunwoo is rap.” Chanhee said.

“YOU RAP?!” I turned to Sunwoo and he just stared at me.

“Yeah and why is that so shocking?” He asked.

“I don’t know, I just thought you were an idiot.” I commented.

“Good judgement, it’s true.” Chanhee said almost under his breath.

Sunwoo was just baffled that we were both attacking him out of nowhere.

Your POV end


Jinhwan’s POV

“I’m home.” ~~~~~ called.

I looked at the time and it was a lot later than the time she told me she would be home by.
“I left some dinner in the fridge for you if you’re hungry.” I said.

“MMM, maybe later, sorry I troubled you to make me dinner. I didn’t even eat with you.” She flopped onto the couch.

“Are you okay?” I walked up to her and asked with concern.

“What?” ~~~~ responded.

“You look super happy and you are being strangely nice. It’s really unsettling.” I shivered.

“How rude!” ~~~~ said. “I’m always nice.”

“Hm right. Did something happen at school?” I asked.

“I made some new friends, they are transfer students. We just went and tried out that new bun place.” ~~~~ explained. “Oh yeah before I forget, I bought you some too. I will put it in the fridge, then I am going to have a shower.” She got up and put away the buns before heading to her room.

‘I haven’t seen her go out for this long before. She’s usually sick of going out after a little bit and comes home and complains that she is tired.’ I thought. Then I smiled to myself. ‘Good that she’s made some new friends.’

Jinhwan’s POV end


Your POV

I got to my room and sat on my bed. Usually going out after school socially drained me and I was just exhausted so it wasn’t something I did for a long period of time. But for some reason, I didn’t feel tired at all after today.

I pulled out my phone and smiled at the numbers I exchanged with Sunwoo and Chanhee today after we left.


Your POV end