Cookies For Everyone?

Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III

Chaeyoung couldn’t feel even more relieved the moment she felt Tzuyu wrap her tiny arms around her beaten body.  All the anxiety and fear she felt early on was erased with just one reassuring hug. It was the concrete proof that her sister somehow survived too. “Yes, Yes. I am here now. What about you? Do you feel any pain or discomfort?”

Tzuyu shook her head and smiled her ever charming smile to appease her sister’s concern but was quick to change into annoyance when she noticed the traces of dried blood on the older girl’s arm. The disheveled look she was sporting too, was evidence enough as well that she clearly sneaked away. “Unnie, did Nurse Sana gave you permission to be out of bed?”

Surprised by the sudden change of her sister’s demeanor, Chaeyoung chuckled lightly and ruffled her sister’s long brown hair. Although the backaches, tender muscles and broken fingers weren’t fully healed and with her mind feel like it was about to explode, there was no point in whining about it. There were still more important matters that they had to talk about anyways. The familiarity of her sister on the place was somehow intriguing too. It made her wonder how many days she was unconscious and who had helped them. “You don’t have to worry about it. I’m strong remember. But where are we anyway?”

The little girl beamed at her, jumping giddily too which amuses Chaeyoung. But before the former could explain though, someone’s voice cut her off.

“You are at HQ and Sana is looking everywhere for you.”

It was a young petite woman but a little taller than Chaeyoung but with shoulder-length short blonde hair, sporting a white t-shirt and camouflage pants that seem tailor-made for her. She was holding a plate of freshly baked cookies which she place gently on the table before she took a seat to take one for herself. There was a calmness in her actions but it looked somehow calculated as if she’d counter immediately if she were to somehow attack her. The aura she was emitting scream Leader too which intimidated the young woman and made her instantly on guard.

“Tzuyu would you like more?” The petite woman offered to the youngest girl in the room which the latter accepted without a fuss. She wiggled away from her sister and sat back on the chair she was occupying early on.  

Chaeyoung attempted to grab Tzuyu back in her arms but her injuries had slowed her reaction and movements. The pain she was in was beginning to be overwhelming for the pills were wearing off and probably because of her encounter with the nurse and the stranger pale girl. Despite the strains though, she still could not trust the peoples she had met so far and still want to leave. Her experiences in places like this HQ all ended in them being herded to be bait for the patrols or a sacrificial pawn. Luckily they had escaped it all but she had no intentions of going through it all again.

“I’m truly grateful for saving us and for treating my wounds but we can’t offer much, you can have my rifle and some of the supply I had on my bag. My sister and I will be leaving immediately after I get my things back.” Chaeyoung said and bowed to show sincerity, hoping she will not be questioned anymore but the reply she got made her blood boil.

“You can leave but Tzuyu must stay.” The leader said in a casual manner as if what she said was not that of a big deal. She was even taking one more cookie and hummed approvingly as she munched on it. “This is not bad. I am improving. You can have one if you like. I am Jihyo by the way. I supervise things around here.”

“I don’t freaking care about that cookies. You can have everything in my bag. We are still leaving. Try to stop me. Let’s go Tzuyu!” The young girl countered and took her sister’s hand before bolting out of the room but someone wearing a scarf, hiding half of her face appeared out of nowhere to block her path. She wanted to fight their way out but thinki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter