Beat Me Up, Buttercup

Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

X

Tzuyu had always been best described as a bright kid. At the age of three, she could count numbers almost effortlessly and memorized the alphabet. Simple math problems were never a challenge to her as well. Some even claimed her perception level was way beyond her age. A perfect example was how she prefer geographic channels over Disney and science books over fairytales. But adults and their overly complicated actions never fail to stupefy the little girl, it was hard for her to easily comprehend just like how her two unnies were acting at that moment.

“Are they mad at each other, unnie? They seem like it. Shouldn’t we stop them?” Tzuyu tentatively asked Momo who was sitting beside her. Both of them had been closely watching Nayeon and Mina on their sudden sparring session and somehow things got a little intense. The attacks they attempt and the moves they execute began to look more aggressive. It’s been an hour since they started and there was no sign of them stopping any time soon.

Momo, however, was not sure either. They just finished cleaning up the dine hall after a somewhat uncomfortable lunch. When Mina, the primary source of negative aura, suddenly asks their eldest member for a training match. Not thinking much about it Nayeon accepted the offer and had even arrogantly asked if they would use weapons. Jihyo voiced out her objection at first yet soon relented, not without discreetly asking the oldest member of the Japanese line to keep an eye on them. Needless to say, she accepted but didn’t know it would be a grave mistake on her part and she had unknowingly dragged a poor child with her who was starting to notice the difference between a sparring match and a fight to the death.

“Yes they’re mad and yes they’re killing each other and no we can’t. You are too young to die and I’m too lazy to intervene,” was what Momo really wanted to say but there was no way she could tell that to a child. Lying was her best option. “No, they are just more focus than usual. This always happens. It’s not a big deal.”

Tzuyu only nodded doubtfully and turned her attention back to the two women who were still engaged in hand-to-hand combat. She noticed Nayeon’s lips were starting to bleed and bruises had already formed on her arms while Mina’s face was still unblemished though she was panting hard. It was not the first time she had to watch the members train but what she was witnessing was not even close to what she had seen before.

Things only become worse as more minutes passed, the two seemed to have an abundance of stamina despite brawling for quite a long time. Momo, on the other hand, was still trying to formulate a plan to safely stop them without having to endanger her own well-being. She also had to usher Tzuyu away from the scene which was probably what she should have prioritized earlier. Deciding she should not wait longer, the peach girl took action.

“Aren’t you bored with all this kicking and punching? Would you not like to play with your sister instead? I heard she’s in the clinic with Sana and Dahyun. Maybe Dahyun still has more oreo’s left to share with you?” Momo, in the sweetest voice she could muster, urged the little girl while gently pulling her up to her feet and steering her in the direction of the door. She knew Tzuyu was aware of what she was doing but thankfully she was met with no resistance. After savoring the relief of having one less problem to tackle, she turned around to face what should have been considered a suicide mission - in her opinion anyway.

“This is your fault, Jihyo. You knew this would happen.”

 “You could have asked Jeongyeon or even a more capable Chaeyoung to do this but you choose me.”

“And poor gullible me thought it would be okay. But no, you had to choose me. Now I have to resign myself to the inevitable visit to Sana later or never.”

The Japanese woman muttered to herself as she slowly creeps toward the two people who were still focused on beating each other up, not even minding her who was a bundle of nerve. Reaching the point of no return, she took a deep breath and tackled Mina who looked less worse for wear.

“Jihyo! You’ll never hear the end of it if I live through this.”

_________________

Nayeon prided herself for being knowledgeable in terms of combat and had proven it many times. She was the one who taught Jeongyeon on fighting bare-handed while also guiding Jihyo on her weapon training

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter