More & More Revelations

Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Amidst the chaos the rest of the girls were dealing with, a pair of beautiful and youthful brown eyes were silently observing them from a cot at the corner of the room. Some may perceived that her presence was neglected through out the commotion but it was ideal for her at that moment and could hardly complain or blame anyone for it. 

The reason was… she had already anticipated or more like this situation.

    She was not just a normal bright child to begin with. And while the rest was bothered and confused, the little girl was composed but quite apprehensive. 

“The clock had struck 12 it seems.” She had whispered to herself. 

     Tzuyu had known that her make believe world would crumble in any given time and the first sign of it happening will be when her so called sister regain her precious memories. Although it would be her most painful reminder of how abnormal her life was and still is, she still cherished her life each day and moments she had spent living like any other human. Enjoying simple life and just being an ordinary child with someone to call as her family. She had embraced the innocence it brought in her and the emotions, though vague was somehow uplifiting, knowing even someone like her can experience it all.

    She was well aware she was just fooling herself and hurt someone who she also held dear in the process. While each one of them involved with the plan had given their consent though not fully, it was still a blow on her conscience. Even though the concept of having one was still relatively new for her. 

    She had fun pretending but like any other play or movie it has to come to an end.

“What about Tzuyu? Where does she fit in all of these?” Nayeon suddenly asked thus effectively making all heads turn to the direction of the little girl. 

And lo and behold, the question Tzuyu was expecting but still dreaded was brought up. It was like the confirmation she needed to be truly convinced it was time to wake up from her sweet dream. It was time to face the truth and reveal her real significance. The nail to the coffin or so they say. 

“She’s someone important to us.” Mina gave a vague answer before walking towards Tzuyu, followed by Chae who apparently switched to her other persona. The sudden surge of intimidating aura filling the air inside the room and the confidence in her small movements was a dead give away. 

"If not for her, we would probably still be slaves of that man." The two vampires stood beside the cot and threw a side glance to each other before facing the group again wearing the same stoic expressions. Mina felt nervous, no - not nervous just wary of how the others will take another grand revelation which was probably bigger than them being a vampire. While Katarina could careless about it and only switched after sensing the tension got high again, her other persona was too soft to deal with it, she still knew how important this was for her Queen and their cause.

    The meaning of such action was not lost on the other girls and it sent shivers coursing through their skins. They had stumbled upon the root of all this it seems and they had to thread carefully once again. Jeongyeon even stepped forward, defensive in an instant. 

“Is Tzuyu just like you or something else?” Jihyo asked while trying hard to calm her nerves and hide the fear in her voice to act like the perfect mediator. Because despite the shocking turn of events, this was still her group whom she had already considered her family. The only one remaining and she still rather have it complete. She had to stay focused till they get to the bottom of things.

“No but –“ Katarina was about to reply with another vague answer but a soft petite hands stopped her from doing so. 

"I'll tell them. It is my story after all.” Tzuyu said as she took a deep breath and let her eyes meet the other’s expectant ones. 

"I am not human nor a vampire, if that's what you are asking. Project Homunculi started as a project to recreate another human or any being alive, it was like cloning to be precise. The government were successful in that aspect and got the attention of the rich peoples but of course, the scientists got even more curious and ambitious. They deviced a new plan to produce a being the world had never seen before with the help of a man called General Claude. It was already on its way to completion but they were missing an ingredient - the most important one. They needed someone with exceptional and inhuman-like abilities and then Mina and Chaeyoung were caught. The perfect sample for their little greedy experiment. I am the product of that project. The only near-perfect to be exact. You know what happened to the failed ones." The little girl stated as she examine each faces for their reaction. The dumbfounded look they were identically sporting was somehow amusing but it was still within her calculations. Humans take time believing such claims anyways, it could not be helped. It was like saying a cat and a dog gave birth to a mouse scenario.

“Homunculi? You mean like those creatures outside? But you don’t look like one. You look perfectly normal.” Dahyun could not help but be intrigued. Never in her wildest dream that the sweet girl she had become quite fond of was original

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter