She's awake

Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
II

Chaeyoung felt like she got hit with a baseball bat multiple times on the head and her body was beaten to a pulp when she regain consciousness. Every muscle on her body was sore but she still grudgingly force herself to move because the moment she opened her eyes, thoughts of Tzuyu flooded her mind and not all of it was reassuring. So upon successfully ripping off some annoying cords stuck in her body and disregarding the fact blood was dripping from the spot where the needle was once, she got up and went straight to the door. She was confused about how she ended up in a room - not sure about her safety but alive nonetheless - but she could not care less. There were more pressing matters to do and she had not seen a single soul stop her anyways. " Tzuyu, please be safe. Unnie is coming."

Enduring the pain and the struggle to keep herself upright, Chaeyoung continued on her search for all she could think of was her little sister. Sight blurry, with a pounding headache and a part of her back felt tender, she continued through the hallway. But she had just taken a few tentative steps away from the room when a voice stopped her on her track.

“Hey! You shouldn’t be out of bed. You are still healing. What the hell are you thinking?” A young woman with pink hair dressed in all-white, resembling a nurse uniform called for her. She just got out of a room, clumsily carrying a tray of medicinal stuff. “You are injuring yourself further. You are not a robot. Look how beaten you are, the medicines will be useless if you do not get back on your bed this instance.”

Chaeyoung only threw her a passive look and started her search for a way out again. She heard her constant call and felt her presence behind her, retelling how foolish she was by forcing her body but she ignored it. She could not take her seriously anyway, seeing the face of the nurse remind her of a certain breed of dog she once saw at a pet shop years ago and her voice was a just tad shrill for her liking. Plus, her priority was to find her sister first then she could think of healing afterward. Who knows where Tzuyu was and the thought of her, alone and defenseless pushed her more.

The nurse however felt annoyed with how stubborn Chaeyoung was being. It showed on her eyes, the pout on her lips, and both hands on either side of her hips. Though she tried hard to suppress her emotion and the urge to throw something towards her patient’s head even if it was somehow becoming a great plan to ease her annoyance. She remembered she was still an acting nurse so she calmed herself and smoothed her white uniform before something dawned on her. She mentally smacked herself for being stupid enough to forget.

“Hey!” She called again and ran after the young woman, following the drops of blood on the floor which would probably piss someone she hold dear but she ignored it. Amazingly, her patient was already on the stairs and was going down for the main door when she reached her. The nurse admired the young woman for her tenacity and how much she care for her little sister but only for a fraction of a second, maybe a minute. It was still a foolish act in her opinion and borderline suicidal.

She cleared to get the attention of the girl but to no avail, she tried once more but it was still useless. The girl was stubborn so she opted for something she know that always work, she shouted, shrill voice and all.  “I know where she is!”

Upon hearing her last statement, Chaeyoung swiftly turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter