Real You I

Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIII

With laser focus, Dahyun, Jihyo and Nayeon guarded every corner their sight could reach. They point their guns on any suspicious movement or sound they catch. The trio leave no openings for a possible attack. Nayeon even wanted to scout the perimeter but it was automatically shut down by the leader. Jihyo knew the eldest was just concern for their members who was still out in the forest but she couldn’t take chances. There was no room for carelessness at that point. She was convinced the homunculus were deliberately being lured to them, if not, she could not think any better excuse why the sudden surge of sightings and attacks in their area. One thing she still have no idea though, was why it was happening and who was behind it. Jihyo just couldn’t find the logical answer for it and it was frustrating the leader each passing moment.

And it was not missed by Nayeon, the eldest had noticed the almost perpetual frown on her friend’s face and how she would bite the corner of her lips constantly. She knew it was the appointed leaders thinking face but there was nothing she could do about it. Conspiracies, puzzles and mind boggling analysis was not her strong suit. She could come up with a decent strategy and plan for an escape or attack but her mind could never keep up with solving mysteries. She’s more of the action-type any way. All she could do was help lessen the tension and the burden of being the leader in her own little ways.

“Hey Ji, your lips might bleed if you keep biting it hard and stop frowning, you don’t look like Thomas the train anymore.” Nayeon started in a joking manner.

Jihyo, startled by the elder’s approach on her ticks and how observant she was, could only let a deep sigh. “I’m sorry. I’m just thinking.”

“When are you not?” Dahyun interjected without letting her eyes stray away from the paths she was guarding. “If you tell me you are thinking while you sleep, I would believe you in a heartbeat.”

“If only that’s possible then I would have more time to think, Dahyunnie.” Jihyo retorted. “I just couldn’t shake off this feeling that there is a reason why this is all happening. Now Jeongyeon had used the grenade. It made me worried more on what kind of homunculi they had encountered for her to resort to that”

“I’m still annoyed that ostrich didn’t bother to tell me that we have grenades here. I would have been more active in this patrolling or scouting duties. I could easily blow up this freak of natures with just one of those babies. Kaboom and poof!” The eldest among the three said, excitement clear in her voice due to thoughts of using such explosives.

“That is probably why Jeongyeon-unnie does not want you to know.” Dahyun said without knowing she had voice out her thoughts out loud. “She have no intention to nurture a future pyromaniac.”

Nayeon of course, upon hearing the youngest was quick to hit her on the back of her head. “Yah! What did you say?”

The pale girl realizing what she had done hastily abandon her post and hid behind Jihyo who was looking at the two like they were bunch of toddlers. “Jihyo-unnie! She’s bullying me.”

“Guys, focus. We have a situation here. Stop playing around.”

“I was one hundred focus before that girl as white as tofu blurted out something irrelevant.” Nayeon countered, arms crossed over her chest while rolling her eyes at the antics of the youngest. “She’s even glowing in the dark.”

“Bully!” Dahyun in retaliation, whisper-shouted enough for the older woman to hear. “You’re a bully!”

“That’s it! Jihyo. Hand me that Tofu. I’ll just teach her some manners and how to respect her elders with no intentions to harm her or whatsoever. I’ll just mince her to pieces and fry her.”

“You’re old and you’re a bully.”

And due to this commotion. The trio missed the unnatural way Mina had arrived with unconscious Jeongyeon in her back. Followed by a shadowy figure who stealthily entered the headquarters. The former landing with finesse a few feet away behind the three stationed guards after jumping from a three story high tree then waited in silence until they notice her presence. It was why the three arguing woman had almost a heart attack when they had turned and saw her. The oldest even let out a scream which she quickly hid with fake-coughing.

“Jeongyeon needs to rest. She had lost a lot blood but she will be fine.” Mina was the first to speak, seeing the trio was still in shock.

Recovering first, Jihyo rushed to offer help and relieve the Japanese woman from carrying the adviser. She asked Nayeon to help which the latter obliged with no hesitation but found out that because their friend was unconscious at the moment, she became heavier than expected even with the two of them lifting. Jeongyeon was not called “The brawns” for nothing. She was muscular and had taller frame that both had let out a sudden grunt when she was passed on to them. This made the leader threw an incredulous look at Mina who seemed unbothered by the added weight on her back a while ago and had even made it seemed an easy task. She had no time to question her though, their friend need some medical attention first. 

“We’ll take care of her. Are you injured? You should probably go see Sana too.”

“No. I am fine.” Mina replied truthfully. “And Ji,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter