Impulsiveness and Stupidity

Existence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XVIII

“So what’s the plan?”

Jeongyeon was the one who asked, her giddiness palpable in her tone. The overflowing vitality in her system was making her excited to try out her newly found strength. She was starting to get restless and could not wait to be put into action.
However, the reply she got was not the one she was expecting.

“None as of the moment.”

Jihyo spoke while looking straight at Mina as if daring her to challenge her claim. She was still the appointed leader and she still could not jeopardize the safety of other members. Proper preparations and plans need to be laid out first in her opinion.

“We have things to settle first before we dive straight into this. This is bigger than us. We need to recollect our thoughts and not be impulsive about our actions. All these back-to-back confessions confused the hell out of me. I am pretty sure it is the same for the rest.”

Jeongyeon was quick to counter, visibly annoyed by the leader’s sudden proposal and her passive approach to the issue.

“What? Are we supposed to lie in wait again? We now know how to eradicate those monsters and put a stop in this infestation. With me, Chaeyoung, or whoever you are at the moment, and Mina. We can surely just force our way into their base. We are capable of putting an end to this, Ji.”

Shaking her head, Jihyo can see where her friend was coming from. They do now have the means and power to fight back but despite having these advantages, they are still clueless of what they were truly about to face. It would be dangerous and quite stupid to pursue it blindly.

“I know Jeong but please be reminded not all of us have the abilities that you guys have. Some of us are still vulnerable. We would be sitting ducks waiting to be killed. We can’t risk that. Safety is still our utmost priority. There is no way I would allow us to go straight to battle like this. We need to train further and make sure who and what are we dealing with. We can’t just rely on you to do the heavy lifting. It’s not our style. We move like a team, remember?”

“I agree.”

Mina interjected and gave a nod to Jihyo. The woman never failed to amaze the vampire with her quick mind and composure. It was one of the many reasons why she had no qualms about appointing her as the leader despite being the strongest.

“I asked for your help because even we who had these abilities were still stuck at a dead end. Yes, we gathered that General Claude was the cause of all this and we got roped into it without our consent. However, because of my failed attempts before. General Claude must be more vigilant and always on high alert. The possibility of them enhancing their strength should not be dismissed. I also kind of lost track of his whereabouts after my last attempt. He is as cunning as he is slippery, he is still a General after all. He also has humans under him with guns and different weapons. Humonculous is not our only enemy here.”

Jeongyeon was silent for a moment, contemplating the merits of what was discussed. And she could not deny that it was all within reason, she was just being impulsive her reckless.
“I am sorry. I just want this all to end so we can go back to our lives and live without fear.”

Nayeon approached her special friend and took her hand into hers. The warmth may be gone but the feelings never left. It will never bother the older woman. Jeongyeon had survived a fate worse than death, it was enough. She also still has memory intact and she was very much already grateful for it.

“We all want that Jeongie but we need to take it slowly. Besides, you still need to get used to your new body.”

“Yeah, I feel like there is a lump already forming on the back of my head where she hit me. She really does need to control that hand of hers.” Dahyun whined as she caressed her head while approaching Sana to have her take a look at it. But the nurse just dismissed her claim and even told her that she deserved it for being obnoxious.

“What the betrayal?” The pale woman gasped. “I thought we were partners in here Sana-yah! Guess you really can’t trust anyone.”

The retort made the nurse giggle and pulled the younger woman into her embrace. “Of course, we’re partners. But I really think you deserve that.”

Laughter filled the room while Dahyun sulked because of the reactions she got especially from Sana. It did not last long though, because the latter was quick to console her with another hug from the back and distract her with her favorite topic.

“Oh, you big baby. Stop that and tell me more about your plan to further convince Jihyo of your request to make a cocoa tree field.”
_____________________

A D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter