Heart to heart

A little too late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

”Heechul?” Hangeng asked cautiously, not entirely sure if the older was staring at him or just… staring. He got his answer when Heechul tried to shy further into the headboard and retook control over the hand Hangeng had been holding up until that point. Hangeng felt his heart breaking even more and he didn’t notice the stirring that had started to occur in the room.

 

“Hyung, you are awake!” Yesung exclaimed happily which caused the members to draw closer to Heechul’s bed immediately as all of them seemed to have woken up at the same time. Heechul looked around the room with his eyes still as huge as teacups and fright painted in his every feature.

 

“Hyung,” he said weakly, almost like a plea and looked at Eeteuk. He stepped forward without any hesitation and let Heechul bury his head in his chest as if he was hiding from the other members in the room.

 

“Someone, go inform the doctor that he is awake,” Eeteuk said and then turned his attention to the now-sobbing Heechul clinging to his upper body.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung,” Heechul muttered through his sobs. It was almost inaudible since he still had his head buried deep in his only hyung’s chest. “I am so sorry.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Eeteuk asked while tightening his grip on the man who was only nine days his minor. Heechul just kept shaking his head while muttering “I’m sorry” and “please don’t hate me”. When Shindong entered with the doctor they were all ushered out. Hangeng didn’t want to leave but Heechul refused to let go of Eeteuk and the doctor said that there should only be one other person in the room while he examined Heechul. He sighed and got up reluctantly to join the other members in the hallway.

 

“Thank God, he is awake!” Siwon said. The members murmured their agreement and waited impatiently for the doctor to come and call them into the room again. Small conversations erupted between the members but Hangeng was too caught up in his thoughts to pay attention to what was said. Finally after 10 minutes time they were allowed back inside the room. Heechul was now sitting with his back against the headboard of the bed and Eeteuk sat beside him with an arm wrapped protectively around his shoulder. Heechul didn’t meet any of their eyes but instead looked down at his clasped hands. All the members save Eeteuk looked expectantly at the doctor, waiting anxiously to hear whatever he would have to say about their favourite diva.

 

“As far as I can see there will be no permanent damage whatsoever.” The members all let out a collective sigh of relief. “However we cannot let Mr. Kim go without some sort of psychological treatment and luckily he has agreed to see a therapist as soon as possible. I will leave for now to go get the details in order and then come back here when I have a clearer schedule for the continuing handling of Mr. Kim’s case.” The doctor was thanked many times for his good work and then he left. They all turned their attention to the two sitting on the bed but none of them knew what to say and they were all afraid to say something wrong.

 

“You don’t have to be afraid to talk in my presence, I won’t try to jump out the window,” Heechul said weakly in an attempt to lighten the mood in the room. As a result Eunhyuk burst out in tears and hurried to his side where he hugged the older man tightly.

 

“Hyung, never do something like that ever again!” he sobbed. “You scared the life out of all of us!”

 

“I won’t, Hyukkie, I promise. I am really sorry that I scared you guys,” Heechul said, his face serious and sad, his voice thick with emotion. “I’m sorry that I had to put all of you through this. I am sorry, Hae, that you had to find hyung in a situation like that. No dongsaeng should ever experience something like that and I will never be able to forgive myself for that,” he said and turned his head to Eeteuk. “I am sorry I stole your p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter