It's my fault

A little too late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Hangeng’s phone started ringing two hours later, he was lying in the arms of his fiancé. He was immediately alarmed when the person in the other end was a sobbing, panicking Eeteuk. He sat up straight on the edge of the sofa, away from his fiancé.

 

“I-I don’t know how he even knew I had them, I ha-haven’t told him anything,” he hiccupped while sobbing.

 

“Hyung, what happened? Please calm down,” Hangeng said trying to stay calm even though everything in him twisted and turned.

 

“Heechul…. He…. I can’t…” Eeteuk was now having troubles breathing and couldn’t finish his sentences.

 

“What happened to Heechul?! Hyung, answer me!” Hangeng yelled. Even though his fiancé didn’t understand Korean, she understood the word “Heechul” and wrapped her arms tightly around Hangeng’s middle; not as a comfort but as a declaration that Hangeng was hers. Hangeng pushed her hands away with force and jumped up, storming out of the apartment as quickly as he could while still trying to make sense of Eeteuk.

 

“Gege?” a new voice asked in the other end. Zhoumi’s voice was raw from crying.

 

“Mi, tell me what happened to Chullie!” Hangeng demanded, seconds away from a regular panic attack.

 

“He found Eeteuk-hyung’s sleeping pills. Gege, he ate them all,” Zhoumi said, clearly crying. Hangeng stopped in his tracks immediately, halfway up the stairs to his apartment. He hadn’t had time to wait for the elevator. He felt his world crumble around him and it was all he could do to stay standing. His vision clouded and the world was suddenly cold and colourless.

 

“No. NO!” he screamed. “Tell me he is okay! Zhoumi, tell me he is okay or I swear to God I will kill you!”

 

“He is alive, but the doctors are still fighting for his life. They don’t know if he will survive this, gege.” At this information Hangeng started up the stairs again, into his apartment, grabbed his passport and was on his way down again.

 

“Donghae found him unconscious in the hallway about an hour ago and called 911. While he waited for the ambulance, he broke down. Heechul is still being treated at this moment,” Zhoumi informed with a voice full of emotion.

 

“I am on the next plane; let me know if there are any changes in his condition!” Hangeng yelled and jumped into the cap he had hailed.

 

 

Zhoumi laid the phone down on the table and immediately collected the sobbing leader in his arms. Henry had been trying to calm Eeteuk down while Zhoumi was talking to Hangeng, but he was not in a much better state of mind himself. Zhoumi extended an arm towards him so he could join the embrace. Everywhere you looked in the room you saw the same thing: members clinging to each other desperately in an attempt to find some strength while breaking down. None of them had seen this coming and it was a huge shock that the member who everyone thought was the strongest had tried to kill himself. Donghae end Hyukjae was missing from the scene since Donghae had been sent to a therapist after his breakdown that was a result of finding his favourite hyung (save Hyukjae) lying lifelessly on the floor. He had absolutely refused to let go of Hyukjae even for a second ever since he had arrived at the scene so Hyukjae had gone with him. They all waited for what seemed like forever until a doctor finally came into the room.

 

“We have done what we could for him. He is in a coma and his condition is still extremely critical. I would be lying if I said that he couldn’t still die any minute, but there is nothing more we can do. We have to let his body take this fight and just hope for the best. We can’t do more than to wait and see,” the doctor said, sounding tired and genuinely sorry that there was nothing more they could do.

 

“Thank you,” Zhoumi said while looking up from Henry’s neck where his face had been buried. Eeteuk looked up too.

 

“Can we see him?” he asked pleadingly with eyes full of tears.

 

“I am afraid I cannot let you into his room given his current condition but you can see him through the window,” the doctor responded. The members started collecting themselves to go see him but they were still all connected to at least one other member, trying to stay rooted in the whirlwind of emotions they all felt. The doctor led them down a long, white hallway with doors and windows on each side. Every time they passed a new window they desperately tried to catch a glimpse of the patient in the room just in case the doctor had passed the right room and Heechul was in there. When the doctor came to a halt the members stopped abruptly, needing a little time to get ready to see their diva. Siwon was the first to go to the window with Ryeowook clutching tightly to his hand, Shindong held Ryeowook’s othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter